Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • AFC Bournemouth win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/24 at 14:00

14 hours ago, Sciatika said:

There were a whole bunch of decisions in the first half that I have no idea why they were made. Why was Cucurella booked? How is missing the ball and treading on Conor's foot not a foul? There were moments when bodies were strewn across the pitch, and play would be signalled to continue only to be stopped because one player leaned into another slightly. Were we going back to a previous foul, or did something occur that was not visible in the replay? Players were pulled back, and the foul was given the wrong way. Did I miss something? It was absolutely bizarre. 

Anyone got a link to any of the penalty calls yesterday? 

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

If you don't think Cucurella has greatly improved then we see the game differently....that's ok I'm usually at odds with most people.

Is he a £60m player?

26 minutes ago, east lower said:

Where Semenyo body slammed Cucurella to the floor was directly in front of where I sit and there was a discernible 'thump', so there was some force behind the action. Cucurella did nothing but lay on the floor after it and there was no action by him immediately before it either. 

He might have said something, we don't know what he was booked for - there might be some information available that tells us that?

But on the face of things for both parties to receive the same punishment for the incident, looked way out of line - For Semenyo, that's a borderline red.

But it's Taylor what do we expect. The only thing he got right was the booking for their left-back diving to try and get a penalty.

The commentators on Sky reported VAR saying he was booked for kicking the ball after it was already out of play.

A bodyslam like that has to be violent conduct. VAR and Taylor were astonishingly bad yesterday.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Anyone got a link to any of the penalty calls yesterday? 

If you watched MotD last night, neither incident occurred. Don't think they showed the bodyslam either.

Edited by Backbiter

Just now, Backbiter said:

The commentators on Sky reported VAR saying he was booked for kicking the ball after it was already out of play.

A bodyslam like that has to be violent conduct. VAR and Taylor were astonishingly bad yesterday.

As i said in the match day thread , the game started with a real "end of the season" feel to it as neither team really had much to play for , that Taylor managed to enrage both sets of players to the point where I really thought it was going to kick off , is some doing , the man is either a moron or he had an agenda and a narrative to perform to. 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

If you watched MotD last night, neither incident occurred. Don't think they showed the bodyslam either.

yup, no mention. 

and the VAR took three seconds 

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Cucurella did nothing but lay on the floor after it and there was no action by him immediately before it either. 

I think it was the Tom Daily triple roll and hands on the face was the factor of the foul being ignored 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I think it was the Tom Daily triple roll and hands on the face was the factor of the foul being ignored 

Was that after he was bodyslammed or after he was kicked in the face?

39 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I haven’t watched it back, so can’t really say anything about Cucurella’s reaction - But he got properly body slammed. Strong as an ox 🐂- the Bournemouth player, about as subtle as one too.

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

I haven’t watched it back, so can’t really say anything about Cucurella’s reaction - But he got properly body slammed. Strong as an ox 🐂- the Bournemouth player, about as subtle as one too.

He makes a meal of it but I understand he was booked for kicking the ball away which is peak Taylor as he was desperately trying to tackle Semenya at the time , as Taylor didn't initially card him I can only surmise that VAR whispered in his ear to double whammy us again .

Without meaning to be negative after winning 5 on the bounce, but I did find yesterday's game supports why I am not a huge Poch fan. We're going into the game in great form, playing a midtable team with not much riding on it (for them) and instead of playing the attack minded Gusto at RB, he picks a CB there.  Nothing against Trev, but he's playing out of position. It's as though he is more worried about Bournemouth and what they might do to us, rather than thinking we can and should dismantle them. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Without meaning to be negative after winning 5 on the bounce, but I did find yesterday's game supports why I am not a huge Poch fan. We're going into the game in great form, playing a midtable team with not much riding on it (for them) and instead of playing the attack minded Gusto at RB, he picks a CB there.  Nothing against Trev, but he's playing out of position. It's as though he is more worried about Bournemouth and what they might do to us, rather than thinking we can and should dismantle them. 

That's him all over and why he will never amount to anything other than an also ran . He lacks bravery and if you don't trust your players , they know you don't.

We finished the season well so I don't begrudge him another year but am fairly confident he'll be gone regardless this time next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's him all over and why he will never amount to anything other than an also ran . He lacks bravery and if you don't trust your players , they know you don't.

We finished the season well so I don't begrudge him another year but am fairly confident he'll be gone regardless this time next year.

The players wouldn't be so fond of playing for Poch if they thought he doesn't trust them. Furthermore,  he gives them a lot of freedom to express themselves, which is evidence that he does indeed trust his players. I would also say that such an attack minded manager is the exact opposite of  one being a cowardly manager. 

Perfectly fair to think he's not good enough to get us back to where we want to be though.

My own opinion is he didn't want to take any  risk with Gusto after coming back from injury   in a game where European football was already guarenteed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Bournemouth are an extremely well coached team. 
Got a feeling a few club will be watching how Arilola performs next season. 

Along with the palace coach. 

7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

My own opinion is he didn't want to take any  risk with Gusto after coming back from injury   in a game where European football was already guarenteed. 

Well, it wasn't. A loss would have put us below Newcastle, and relying on United not beating City.

Gusto was on the bench for the West Ham game on 5th May, so am sure he was fit enough to start. 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Bournemouth are an extremely well coached team. 
Got a feeling a few club will be watching how Arilola performs next season. 

Along with the palace coach. 

Bournemouth coach does seem to have vastly improved them after a very shaky first 10 games or so.

Palace are a funny side, I recall Hodgson taking over from Viera and they did exactly what they’ve done now, won a few games on the trot. Next season will tell more as to the new fella’s capabilities - but he’s done brilliantly thus far. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ROTG said:

Is he a £60m player?

He can’t help the price tag, but the money we paid for other players is far worse. 

Edited by Floyd25

55 minutes ago, east lower said:

Bournemouth coach does seem to have vastly improved them after a very shaky first 10 games or so.

Palace are a funny side, I recall Hodgson taking over from Viera and they did exactly what they’ve done now, won a few games on the trot. Next season will tell more as to the new fella’s capabilities - but he’s done brilliantly thus far. 

The place bloke took over on md 26 and won 30 pts along with getting 6/9 pts against the top for teams

Poch got 28 points in the same period and only payed 1 team in the top 4 and lost

8 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

He can’t help the price tag, but the money we paid for other players is far worse. 

I asked if cucurella is a £60m player?

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The place bloke took over on md 26 and won 30 pts along with getting 6/9 pts against the top for teams

Poch got 28 points in the same period and only payed 1 team in the top 4 and lost

To be fair, Palace did get their game-changers back - as the new man arrived. But he seems to have immediately achieved results. They look organised, run more, have a higher intensity and improved the players performances. All the things you expect from a top level coach to get in place and not take 3/4 of a season to do.

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

To be fair, Palace did get their game-changers back

Going to be interesting to see if Palace game changes are on the gruesome twosome list 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Going to be interesting to see if Palace game changes are on the gruesome twosome list 

Olise was rumoured to be, he was injured at the time - fitting the bill. Then announced he was signing a new contract.  His younger brother is in our academy.

Would cost a fortune now, I’d guess a Ratcliffe ‘Look at Me’ signing for Man Utd now.

Edited by east lower

8 hours ago, east lower said:

Where Semenyo body slammed Cucurella to the floor was directly in front of where I sit and there was a discernible 'thump', so there was some force behind the action. Cucurella did nothing but lay on the floor after it and there was no action by him immediately before it either. 

He might have said something, we don't know what he was booked for - there might be some information available that tells us that?

But on the face of things for both parties to receive the same punishment for the incident, looked way out of line - For Semenyo, that's a borderline red.

But it's Taylor what do we expect. The only thing he got right was the booking for their left-back diving to try and get a penalty.

Yeah the commentator said he got booked for kicking the ball away but the ball was still in play and he kicked it against the hoardings and so it came straight back 🤷🏻‍♂️

43 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If he carries on the way he's playing then there's an argument for him being value for money at the end of his contract.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ROTG said:

No, but who is worth the money that we paid for them right now? Caicedo’s been playing well, but he hasn’t been worth 100 million so far, not a lot they can do about the price tags. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 1