Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • AFC Bournemouth win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/24 at 14:00

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Yeah the commentator said he got booked for kicking the ball away but the ball was still in play and he kicked it against the hoardings and so it came straight back 🤷🏻‍♂️

I watched the recording that I took from Sky’s coverage and the commentary said he’d been booked for kicking the ball at the opponent! 

As you said, he kicked against the advertising hoarding, so Taylor must think that Cucurella has done the calculation in a fraction of a second as regards the angle of incidence and Semenyo’s position. That nasty ball might have caused shin-pad trauma. 

Now most of us on here and Chelsea fans generally can sense the loathing that Taylor has for our team, but genuinely I think he’s got a particular hard-on for Cucurella. He even called Gallagher over because the aforementioned had the ‘temerity’ to ask what the booking was for. He looked as perplexed as we were in the stadium.

If I were the manager/coach I’d get a Jose style dossier completed and go to the PL & PGMOL to put a case forward for no future Chelsea games to be officiated by him. Wouldn’t work of course but it would ramp-up some pressure on him. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

If you are going to go down this route then you have to be consistent…..so is Jackson a £30m player ?

Absolutely 

He exactly what is written on the label £30m number two backup/squad player in a top 4 team 

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolutely 

He exactly what is written on the label £30m number two backup/squad player in a top 4 team 

Well you seem to avoid giving him any credit, based on your initial assessment before seeing him play, and no factoring further improvement from him that suggests he could be £70m number one striker in 3 years time.

Cucurella was never that bad last season. The problem with him is that his greatest asset as a player, is also his biggest flaw. It’s his aggressiveness in proactive front foot defending . When he applies it well, he looks a fantastic full back. However, because the margin for error playing this way is so fine, when he is slightly out with it, he becomes exposed and it creates a major problem. 
His recent form is certainly up there with some of the best full backs in the league. Whether this role he is playing has longevity into next season is questionable, but his form since the New Year has been very good on the whole, and it is in keeping with what he  cost as a player we purchased. 

• Like 2