Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • AFC Bournemouth win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/24 at 14:00

27 minutes ago, east lower said:

Glad to be at our game and miss the nausea inducing Klopp/Scouse love in.

Lovely photo of the Northern Lights below, as witnessed on Merseyside 

image.thumb.png.ffcf91e69c480c1b340434f907a4e4f0.png

That couldn’t have been Merseyside, it’s still got it’s wheels on.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Anthony Taylor chosen for this game to keep the race for 6th going until the very end. 

Just to put us in our place. 

Can we sing 🎶 are you Taylor in disguise 🎶 to him?

20 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Poch needs to be making a song and dance about this in the media 

Can't help thinking that us changing manager so often has been very convenient for Mr Taylor 

Tuchel had his number after less than 18 months, shame none of our other managers have been on him. 

6 hours ago, Bert19 said:

My XI for Sunday: 

Petrovic

Gusto - Trev - Thiago (c) - Cucurella 

Gallagher -  Caicedo 

Palmer - Nkunku - Madueke 

Jackson 

I can't imagine you'll be far wrong, although Madueke will be right, Nkunku left. 

Thiago to come off after 75 minutes or so to get the ovation he deserves. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, if we are 4-0 up and Sp**s are similar behind at Bramall Lane 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In my perfect world, Sheffield United would win 1-0 with a shot in the 93rd minute would bounce off the post and go in off Romero's backside. Or alternatively, a throw back to the goalkeeper goes in because the Spurs keeper is having a drink

Edited by Sciatika
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I can't imagine you'll be far wrong, although Madueke will be right, Nkunku left. 

Agree, I think that’s how we’ll start. What I do like is that can be a very fluid front 4 that can all move around into the various positions and spaces. A nightmare for the opposition.

4 hours ago, chara said:

I'm looking forward to Nkunku following on from the last game,,,,

Him and Lavia being fit and coming into the side is going to be such a boost 

Finishing ahead of Spurs would be incredibly funny and we could then also claim we would have made CL but for Arsenal's crap record in Europe.

But in terms of the mechanics of finishing 5th guaranteeing Europa and 6th possibly getting Europa, I think 6th will be enough for Europa. United will not beat City at Wembley. No way. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 17/05/2024 at 19:10, chara said:

I'm looking forward to Nkunku following on from the last game,,,,

Indeed.I think it is looking good for next year(oh how the pendulum a swings!).

I would reckon Poch will get until Xmas of next season - seems rational when we  will have most of our injured players back and then there will be no excuses.

It's been a strange old season. If you'd offered me 6th after pre season I'm not sure if I'd have taken it. At Christmas on the other hand....

That said if by some catastrophe we end up in the Championship due to Utd, winning the FA Cup I would still see the season as an abject failure. 6th and Europa will be ok and 5th would be unbelievable. However we must build on this and be top 4 minimum next year. Pochettio is hanging on by his finger tips at the moment however if the rumour that we're looking at Ipswich's manager is true then we're staring at the abyss.

C'mon Chelsea, do it for Thiago.

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It's been a strange old season. If you'd offered me 6th after pre season I'm not sure if I'd have taken it. At Christmas on the other hand....

That said if by some catastrophe we end up in the Championship due to Utd, winning the FA Cup I would still see the season as an abject failure. 6th and Europa will be ok and 5th would be unbelievable. However we must build on this and be top 4 minimum next year. Pochettio is hanging on by his finger tips at the moment however if the rumour that we're looking at Ipswich's manager is true then we're staring at the abyss.

Yes agree. The oddest season I have ever witnessed. Poch has gained super momentum right at the end but imo only a win secures his job for a second season. I’d like to see him stay. He’s not perfect and has made some right clangers but the fog in his head seems to be clearing. If we end up with Brazilian super kid Willian next season , we get James and Chilly back fit plus keep Connor and of course Palmer , we can be a force to be reckoned with . An exciting team in fact. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes agree. The oddest season I have ever witnessed. Poch has gained super momentum right at the end but imo only a win secures his job for a second season. I’d like to see him stay. He’s not perfect and has made some right clangers but the fog in his head seems to be clearing. If we end up with Brazilian super kid Willian next season , we get James and Chilly back fit plus keep Connor and of course Palmer , we can be a force to be reckoned with . An exciting team in fact. 

Pre-season I thought a minimum of 5th was a lock in and it would be a CL place. So we are there or there abouts. Next season 4th is definitely where we should be. We are better than Villa and Spurs. Just need to keep this late season form going across the season. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan