• Amorim
    • Nagelsmann
    • Kompany
    • Hoeness
    • Michel
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

You can’t be starting this whole do we have a top 4 defence now he’s gone 😂 he outta here now, all new manager excuses are gone with it. 
All the Poch out brigade have to be starting from Top5 minimum next season for the new man to be better than the so called previous clown!

I agree with the sentiment that players will come out in praise for a manager leaving. However, it’s clear they enjoyed playing for him, as much as you refuted this earlier in the season with the so called ‘not happy faces’ coming off the pitch. 

I can and have, we have lost our best organiser and leader - partly down to the coach and then the owner's. The scenario has changed,  but if they get in an appropriate leader and organiser then if we don't finish with more points then this season it will be a relative failure. 

Players enjoyed playing for Jose, Conte, Tuchel et al,  when they're winning. Fickle people, it just happened the unusual way round this time 

What's with the 'Poch out brigade' comment, why do you feel the need to drop other people into your self-appointed box?  Because I dare to have an opinion and voice it and it may differ from others.  Not a very grown-up comment really and it doesn't reflect well on you, but that's my opinion which you can pop into whichever of your boxes that you wish.

It was the wrong appointment and to the owner's credit they stuck with him when they ought to have had his backside out of the joint. There was probably a mandate made with the coach at the start of the season and I'd guess that it hasn't been met. The ex-coach saw his opportunity,  now that he'd lucked on a winning formula and went for it, probably knowing his time was up and also probably lining-up his next opportunity for not winning anything. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

I can and have, we have lost our best organiser and leader - partly down to the coach and then the owner's. The scenario has changed,  but if they get in an appropriate leader and organiser then if we don't finish with more points then this season it will be a relative failure. 

Players enjoyed playing for Jose, Conte, Tuchel et al,  when they're winning. Fickle people, it just happened the unusual way round this time 

What's with the 'Poch out brigade' comment, why do you feel the need to drop other people into your self-appointed box?  Because I dare to have an opinion and voice it and it may differ from others.  Not a very grown-up comment really and it doesn't reflect well on you, but that's my opinion which you can pop into whichever of your boxes that you wish.

It was the wrong appointment and to the owner's credit they stuck with him when they ought to have had his backside out of the joint. There was probably a mandate made with the coach at the start of the season and I'd guess that it hasn't been met. The ex-coach saw his opportunity,  now that he'd lucked on a winning formula and went for it, probably knowing his time was up and also probably lining-up his next opportunity for not winning anything. 

The Poch out brigade is easier to type than entering individual names. To be honest, there have been 3-4 who have been very vocal about this for months on end, and on a daily basis.

It’s an opinion of course, this is the place for those opinions. Some opinions are correct and some are incorrect, that’s why we debate them in the first place.

If you have strong opinions then you should be willing to stand them up to challenges, but you also have to apply the same metrics when the situation improves.

Our situation will improve next season. Injuries will improve (it has to), new players will see an improvement to the situation, young players with a season under their belt will improve.
So if we have got rid of a non winning failure, then it’s expected that all this is taken into account with those strong opinions.

The new manager, regardless of who he is , has to be judged with those improvements factored in.  Moving of goalposts don’t really stack up now. Continuous improvement is why it’s all about. 

30 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Absolutely.

Not too fussed who it is, not Pochettino is enough for me although I want Tuchel but I'd be more than happy with De Zerbi. 

It's pretty obvious it's going to be him when you look at everything that's happened.

You’ll have to get your season ticket back. It will be fun watching the incredible low block opposition not engaging with the ball next season, whilst we have 70% possession and are desperate for the opposition to actually move position!

Let’s hope De Zerbi thinks of a Plan B over the summer .

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Going by the bookies, it's very much a two-horse race between the former Brighton manager or the manager favourite to replace the former Brighton manager.

Todd wont be happy until we are Brighton. Perhaps he bought the wrong club!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In a perfect world I suppose Tuchel should come in however that will never. ever happen due to the manner of his exit. Similarly the likes of Mourinho, Conte and Lampard will never be considered due to them having too much of an opinion on what's best for the club. No, we will probably end up becoming just that little more like Brighton or else employ a manager with no record to back him in any argument about squad makeup.

One young candidate that would have most of our backing would be Fabregas however due to his prior connections with the club the owners would probably see him as too much of a potential trouble maker. I think the idea is that if they employ someone like McKenna, who has links to both Spuds and Manure,  we won't be in too much uproar when the time comes to get rid of him. The last thing they want is a coach who is successful not shit  AND loved by the fans.

Owners, get this over and done with. Employ someone we've never heard of (possibly from the MLS), gut the squad and let us get on with our misery.

Edited by Holymoly
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

One young candidate that would have most of our backing would be Fabregas

No no and no. Living here close to Como I have a season ticket for Como and we need him here!

But in reality I agree, he has only just passed his badges and with a few years behind him I think he would be a good call.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

The Poch out brigade is easier to type than entering individual names. To be honest, there have been 3-4 who have been very vocal about this for months on end, and on a daily basis.

It’s an opinion of course, this is the place for those opinions. Some opinions are correct and some are incorrect, that’s why we debate them in the first place.

If you have strong opinions then you should be willing to stand them up to challenges, but you also have to apply the same metrics when the situation improves.

Our situation will improve next season. Injuries will improve (it has to), new players will see an improvement to the situation, young players with a season under their belt will improve.
So if we have got rid of a non winning failure, then it’s expected that all this is taken into account with those strong opinions.

The new manager, regardless of who he is , has to be judged with those improvements factored in.  Moving of goalposts don’t really stack up now. Continuous improvement is why it’s all about. 

Of course, this all depends on what happens with the squad this summer.

We've already lost Thiago, looks likely we may lose Gallagher and Chalobah.

That's if your going to judge managers and compare them purely on points gained throughout the season, which I don't think any of your Poch out Brigade ever have.

I for one have been utterly consistent with it being about performances and building a foundation to improve upon, it was never about results and I said that from day one. So the new manager, whoever it is, will be judged the same, by me anyway. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

No, if you've a comment to make about a person/people then have the good manners and quite frankly the balls,  to name them. Being lazy, or can't be bothered isn't a valid reason.

My own position has remained crystal clear and consistent since late September/early October - Never wavered and will always defend my position and also admit if I'm wrong. Sign of strength to understand, own and learn from a mistake. 

You well know (and if you don't, you not as perceptive as I perceive) that it's rarely as simple as put a new man in and we'll do better - unless the new one in is attempting to do do with the same set of players and circumstances, as I was asking for in the season. Those have changed already and we are 3 days into the close season. Attempting to be clever/smart with those who views might not have aligned with yours, doesn't count for much - for me anyways.

Get adequate replacement/s in and a competent coach and we better the last chaps performance.  

Everytjme there was a big call to make, the last coach made the wrong call. Would Jose, Conte or Tuchel have lost that cup-final against that Liverpool side? 

Glad he's gone, months too late - do I have confidence that the Sporting Director's and Owner's will make a better call this time, not sure.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Of course, this all depends on what happens with the squad this summer.

We've already lost Thiago, looks likely we may lose Gallagher and Chalobah.

That's if your going to judge managers and compare them purely on points gained throughout the season, which I don't think any of your Poch out Brigade ever have.

I for one have been utterly consistent with it being about performances and building a foundation to improve upon, it was never about results and I said that from day one. So the new manager, whoever it is, will be judged the same, by me anyway. 

So if we are down by 8pts but look more organised then all is good?

C’mon stop dressing this nonsense up. The new manager has to do better. He will have far more things in his favour than what Poch had. The injuries cannot be as bad, the players have a years more experience of playing at this level and as a team. I’m sorry but Gallagher and Chalobah were integral to Poch. The owners don’t see them as integral and the new guy will be briefed on that, they are almost irrelevant to him ( unless he tells the board to sign them up)

It has to be better. The bottom line is what has just happened last season under a terrible manager. The new manager has to be better, it’s not negotiable cos he will be inheriting a stronger situation. 

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

No, if you've a comment to make about a person/people then have the good manners and quite frankly the balls,  to name them. Being lazy, or can't be bothered isn't a valid reason.

My own position has remained crystal clear and consistent since late September/early October - Never wavered and will always defend my position and also admit if I'm wrong. Sign of strength to understand, own and learn from a mistake. 

You well know (and if you don't, you not as perceptive as I perceive) that it's rarely as simple as put a new man in and we'll do better - unless the new one in is attempting to do do with the same set of players and circumstances, as I was asking for in the season. Those have changed already and we are 3 days into the close season. Attempting to be clever/smart with those who views might not have aligned with yours, doesn't count for much - for me anyways.

Get adequate replacement/s in and a competent coach and we better the last chaps performance.  

Everytjme there was a big call to make, the last coach made the wrong call. Would Jose, Conte or Tuchel have lost that cup-final against that Liverpool side? 

Glad he's gone, months too late - do I have confidence that the Sporting Director's and Owner's will make a better call this time, not sure.

I’ve never claimed your position has changed. I don’t know why you keep mentioning this. I know it has never changed.

No point adding in all potential scenarios and nuance now he has gone. For any credibility to stack up , it has to be better.

As for having balls to name people. It’s a football forum where none of us use our names FFS……it’s hardly wikileaks . I don’t suddenly earn man kudos by naming people, it’s obvious who is being referred to. You have all been on here criticising on a daily basis ! 

34 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

In a perfect world I suppose Tuchel should come in however that will never. ever happen due to the manner of his exit. Similarly the likes of Mourinho, Conte and Lampard will never be considered due to them having too much of an opinion on what's best for the club. No, we will probably end up becoming just that little more like Brighton or else employ a manager with no record to back him in any argument about squad makeup.

One young candidate that would have most of our backing would be Fabregas however due to his prior connections with the club the owners would probably see him as too much of a potential trouble maker. I think the idea is that if they employ someone like McKenna, who has links to both Spuds and Manure,  we won't be in too much uproar when the time comes to get rid of him. The last thing they want is a coach who is successful not shit  AND loved by the fans.

Owners, get this over and done with. Employ someone we've never heard of (possibly from the MLS), gut the squad and let us get on with our misery.

image.thumb.png.4b8b3db53a0109476baebfa2864a158a.png

9 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I’ve never claimed your position has changed. I don’t know why you keep mentioning this. I know it has never changed.

No point adding in all potential scenarios and nuance now he has gone. For any credibility to stack up , it has to be better.

As for having balls to name people. It’s a football forum where none of us use our names FFS……it’s hardly wikileaks . I don’t suddenly earn man kudos by naming people, it’s obvious who is being referred to. You have all been on here criticising on a daily basis ! 

Thanks, the response has told me all I need to know.

Robert De Zerbi - 10/11
Kieran McKenna - 5/2
Thomas Frank - 7/1

Current odds. De Zerbi now odds on, which says to me it's done and he'll be announced when they're ready. It's not a very inspiring top 3 list though is it?!

De Zerbi has won Coppa Italia Serie C with Foggia and Ukrainian Super Cup with Shakhtar.

McKenna has won promotion from League One and the Championship (2nd both times) with Ipswich (back to back).

Thomas Frank has won the Championship play-offs with Brentford.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Robert De Zerbi - 10/11
Kieran McKenna - 5/2
Thomas Frank - 7/1

Current odds. De Zerbi now odds on, which says to me it's done and he'll be announced when they're ready. It's not a very inspiring top 3 list though is it?!

De Zerbi has won Coppa Italia Serie C with Foggia and Ukrainian Super Cup with Shakhtar.

McKenna has won promotion from League One and the Championship (2nd both times) with Ipswich (back to back).

As soon as De Zerbi "left" Brighton alarm bells were ringing , I think it's him too.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As soon as De Zerbi "left" Brighton alarm bells were ringing , I think it's him too.

Yep, same for me, he clearly had something lined up, it was just a question of where... Poch leaving us so soon after, pretty much answers the question.

I think we'll regret it, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Robert De Zerbi - 10/11
Kieran McKenna - 5/2
Thomas Frank - 7/1

Thomas Frank is a weird name to be linked. I think he is a decent manager, but Brentford are one of the most direct football teams around. We have been obsessed by possession for the last 2 seasons, so I really struggle to see any linear thinking behind why Frank might be considered. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Thiago97 said:

Thomas Frank is a weird name to be linked. I think he is a decent manager, but Brentford are one of the most direct football teams around. We have been obsessed by possession for the last 2 seasons, so I really struggle to see any linear thinking behind why Frank might be considered. 

I think it's just names on a list after De Zerbi. I can't see it being anybody apart from him and then the 'natural' thing to do is for the bookies/media/'ITKs' to work from his profile to try and fill in some other names.

McKenna - the manager likely to take over the job De Zerbi has just walked away from.

Frank - Overachieved with a smaller club in the PL.

The fact it then goes down to 12/1 for the next manager on the list, just confirms the RDZ will be the new man.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, same for me, he clearly had something lined up, it was just a question of where... Poch leaving us so soon after, pretty much answers the question.

I think we'll regret it, but I hope I'm wrong.

Replace the  manager for De Zerbi  when we out performed them in the league and cups, and beat them 3/3 occasions in that very season……well if that isn’t just a madness then I don’t know what is! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Replace the  manager for De Zerbi  when we out performed them in the league and cups, and beat them 3/3 occasions in that very season……well if that isn’t just a madness then I don’t know what is! 

Yep, completely agree. It doesn't feel like an upgrade does it?

I also think it puts huge pressure on RDZ to hit the ground running, because any slip-ups early on, he will have the press on his back and people questioning why he came in to replace Poch who had started to turn it around etc.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, completely agree. It doesn't feel like an upgrade does it?

I also think it puts huge pressure on RDZ to hit the ground running, because any slip-ups early on, he will have the press on his back and people questioning why he came in to replace Poch who had started to turn it around etc.

As I said before our next manager will show what  the owners are all about.

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think it's just names on a list after De Zerbi. I can't see it being anybody apart from him and then the 'natural' thing to do is for the bookies/media/'ITKs' to work from his profile to try and fill in some other names.

McKenna - the manager likely to take over the job De Zerbi has just walked away from.

Frank - Overachieved with a smaller club in the PL.

The fact it then goes down to 12/1 for the next manager on the list, just confirms the RDZ will be the new man.

Essentially , what the bookies want is to harvest as much money from gullible punters in as quick a time as possible hence the sweepstake for what most of us think is a done deal.

• Agree 1

I'll be shocked if its De Zerbi. He's far too combustible and outspoken for the owners to touch him after Tuchel and Pochettino. They'll hope to find someone like Potter who can also deliver results. They won't succeed but thats what they are going to try to do.