• Amorim
    • Nagelsmann
    • Kompany
    • Hoeness
    • Michel
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

You can’t be starting this whole do we have a top 4 defence now he’s gone 😂 he outta here now, all new manager excuses are gone with it. 
All the Poch out brigade have to be starting from Top5 minimum next season for the new man to be better than the so called previous clown!

I agree with the sentiment that players will come out in praise for a manager leaving. However, it’s clear they enjoyed playing for him, as much as you refuted this earlier in the season with the so called ‘not happy faces’ coming off the pitch. 

Top 5 probably won't be enough to keep the new man in the job. They have made it clear that Champions League qualification is the minimum acceptable standard and there also has to be a realistic and visible path to a challenge for the League title. I believe there is enough quality in this squad, injuries permitting, allowing for a tactically astute man manager and with 6 departures and 3 incoming (Lukaku, Ziyech, Kepa, Hall, Sarr, Broja out and a number 9 plus an experienced Centre Half and a holding midfielder). We clearly differ on Pochettino, but my view is that if he could get us to 6th (and nearly 5th) with the injuries we had this year then top 4 should be a cakewalk with a competent coach and more luck with squad health.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

So if we are down by 8pts but look more organised then all is good?

Well, there's a bit more to it than that but I will judge any new manager the same way I judged Pochettino. 

I've been clear anout what I want to see from day one, you disagree so call it nonsense. Says a lot about you really.

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

C’mon stop dressing this nonsense up. The new manager has to do better. He will have far more things in his favour than what Poch had. The injuries cannot be as bad, the players have a years more experience of playing at this level and as a team. I’m sorry but Gallagher and Chalobah were integral to Poch. The owners don’t see them as integral and the new guy will be briefed on that, they are almost irrelevant to him ( unless he tells the board to sign them up)

It has to be better. The bottom line is what has just happened last season under a terrible manager. The new manager has to be better, it’s not negotiable cos he will be inheriting a stronger situation. 

You really need to learn that not everyone agrees with you and your not always right.

Everything you have just said, or pretty much stated as fact, is just your opinion.

I don't agree. Simple really.

11 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Well, there's a bit more to it than that but I will judge any new manager the same way I judged Pochettino. 

I've been clear anout what I want to see from day one, you disagree so call it nonsense. Says a lot about you really.

You really need to learn that not everyone agrees with you and your not always right.

Everything you have just said, or pretty much stated as fact, is just your opinion.

Very diplomatic more power to your elbow.

5 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Yep all clear as mud mate. We need De Zerbi, I’m convinced after listening to JT that Jose is coming back. I’ve been told it’s Tuchel. I judge Poch and any manager fairly on their merits, but it’s not as simple as just doing better……all perfectly clear and straight up! 

I couldn’t care less about people agreeing with me. I would post far more regularly than I do if I gave a toss about that. You just don’t like being called out for emotional knee jerk nonsense so try to frame a different perception when the wind blows a different direction that suits! Ideal scenario for you is to ignore and not challenge anything you post that’s wrong, but praise you with kudos when you get it right!

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Yep all clear as mud mate. We need De Zerbi, I’m convinced after listening to JT that Jose is coming back. I’ve been told it’s Tuchel. I judge Poch and any manager fairly on their merits, but it’s not as simple as just doing better……all perfectly clear and straight up! 

Unsurprisingly all wrong.

I've never said we need De Zerbi.

The JT/Jose thing was a pipedream and a conversation starter more than anything else.

And yes, the man that told me months ago Poch would go at the end of the season has, not actually said but alluded to it being Tuchel, I don't even know if he was being serious with what he said .

I won't judge anything solely on how many points the new manager gets. Much like I didn't ever mention points or league position under Pochettino. Why are you struggling with this bit, just because you don't agree?

What does evens betting mean?  Is there less chance of De Zerbi coming now? 🙏

And please everyone, play nicely (not meant to be patronising).  So many good posters on here, each entitled to an opinion.  Hate to see them falling out because our idiot club doesn't know what the hell it's doing.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, martin1905 said:

Unsurprisingly all wrong.

I've never said we need De Zerbi.

The JT/Jose thing was a pipedream and a conversation starter more than anything else.

And yes, the man that told me months ago Poch would go at the end of the season has, not actually said but alluded to it being Tuchel, I don't even know if he was being serious with what he said .

I won't judge anything solely on how many points the new manager gets. Much like I didn't ever mention points or league position under Pochettino. Why are you struggling with this bit, just because you don't agree?

You have continually touted for De Zerbi over the last few months. Now you may not have said the words we need De Zerbi, but you and Max were his biggest cheerleaders going back 6-7 months. Strange to try and walk back from that ( that doesn’t mean he was your number 1 choice- I am not saying that) 

There is no disagreement here for  me to struggle with.  It’s clear that now Poch has gone , all different types of nuance and context are available  for any new manager in your world.  No defined improvement on what the useless manager achieved is required…..clear as mud as always . 

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

No no and no. Living here close to Como I have a season ticket for Como and we need him here!

But in reality I agree, he has only just passed his badges and with a few years behind him I think he would be a good call.

I mentioned Fabregas last night but I take what you're saying.  Too soon.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

You have continually touted for De Zerbi over the last few months. Now you may not have said the words we need De Zerbi, but you and Max were his biggest cheerleaders going back 6-7 months. Strange to try and walk back from that ( that doesn’t mean he was your number 1 choice- I am not saying that) 

There is no disagreement here for  me to struggle with.  It’s clear that now Poch has gone , all different types of nuance and context are available  for any new manager in your world.  No defined improvement on what the useless manager achieved is required…..clear as mud as always . 

Brilliant,  so you agree I haven't once said we need De Zerbi?

You just see improvement as points on the table. I don't and I didnt under Poch and said it all season. It really is that simple. 

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

You just see improvement as points on the table. I don't and I didnt under Poch and said it all season. It really is that simple. 

I can see the logic in Zebadee but I have zero faith in our owners.

They make it up as they go along.

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

If you read RDCW post above on this thread . We disagree on Poch as a manager and that’s fine. He is straight up with what he says though, he believes any new manager should improve on what Poch achieved, cos he backs the players and didn’t rate the manager. Perfectly clear and not open to interpretation. I respect his opinion on it cos it is what it is. He’s not trying to frame it in any other way. 

Yet after months and months of moaning and wanting him gone after 3 games. You seem to be taking the approach of context and nuance is to be applied and you don’t judge any managers on points or straight forward improvements. Even to the point of shadowing behind specific words like need/want/would like . You made it clear De Zerbi was a manager you wanted and that you watched all their matches unless they clashed with Chelsea games. None of this is made up mate. Just own it. Like you should own we need to improve upon what was achieved by a clown, cos that’s what the owners will be using as a metric.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, same for me, he clearly had something lined up, it was just a question of where... Poch leaving us so soon after, pretty much answers the question.

I think we'll regret it, but I hope I'm wrong.

At least Poch has left a bar for the new coach and squad to be measured against. 

If it's Zeberdee I have no idea what he will bring to the party, can foresee boos at the bridge by Christmas.

Whoever it is I think it's essential he's an attack minded coach. A cautious,  pragmatic one in the mould of a TT  or Conte or heaven forbid Jose 3, would be a disaster for a young  squad designed to attack. We cannot under any circumstances start going back to a back five. Play game after  game looking to keep things tight, nick a goal,  look to stiflel and hang on. Even City are prepared to give up goals in the search for more at the other end and they don't do too badly.

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

At least Poch has left a bar for the new coach and squad to be measured against. 

If it's Zeberdee I have no idea what he will bring to the party, can foresee boos at the bridge by Christmas.

What "bar" has Poch set? except to fool about with players he should know what a players natural position is.

I'm all for players playing in multiple positions but  he does it with no logic.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

What "bar" has Poch set? except to fool about with players he should know what a players natural position is.

I'm all for players playing in multiple positions but  he does it with no logic.

ok

the crap coach got 63pts, reached a cup semi final & cup final and qualified for europe with a back of dolly mixtures players assembled by a couple of lazy scouts. 

Lets see if zeberdee can bounce his way to those numbers and achievements with the same bag of dolly mixtures 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

ok

the crap coach got 63pts, reached a cup semi final & cup final and qualified for europe with a back of dolly mixtures players assembled by a couple of lazy scouts. 

Lets see if zeberdee can bounce his way to those numbers and achievements with the same bag of dolly mixtures 

He reached the latter stages of cups because he had an array of expensive talented young players.

Nothing to do with his acumen.

Edited by kev61

14 minutes ago, ROTG said:

ok

You would think it is this simple. However, I think some have found themselves in a situation they didnt expect, so this simplistic measure (based on Poch being so bad at his job) does not really seem to apply now when faced with the reality.

I'm sensing this place will certainly require that tin hat you refer too in a few months time. I for one will not be hanging around to watch that mixture of rage/disappointment/hypocrisy unfold come October onwards !

I only see more short term pain around the corner, but probably on a worse scale than this season. Whether that short term pain can be turned into long term gain, well it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

12 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He reached the latter stages of cups because he had an array of expensive talented young players.

Expensive, young players - you are spot on 

Talented - very limited number 

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

A lot of talk about Enzo Maresca from Leicester and his odds have (unsurprisingly) come down considerably. I still think it will be De Zerbi.

I wonder why McKenna and Maresca would jump ship just at the time when they've managed to get to the promised land ? it's happened before but one wonders why they'd risk it . 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder why McKenna and Maresca would jump ship just at the time when they've managed to get to the promised land ? it's happened before but one wonders why they'd risk it . 

I agree. Yes its a bigger club and bigger salary, but its quite difficult to do much reputational damage by getting a promoted team relegated when in the PL. Maresca probably has more to lose here than McKenna.

Common sense would tell them to stay where they are. However, I said the same with Potter when he was at Brighton. He took the lure of the bigger club/salary, which he surely must regret now.

Does it even really matter at this point?

Whoever it ends up being will only last a season tops and we’ll just be back here at the end of next season.