Squad Status: 2024/25 Season

Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

On 01/09/2024 at 07:27, Sleeping Dave said:

31 players listed in the first team squad… Potter vibes again. Even though realistically 5 of them aren’t really part of the squad (Bergström, Chilwell, Casadei, Kellyman, Gabriel). 

Edit: DD Fofana missing completely from any squad list, hasn’t been sold or loaned out (yet). 

Gabriel now gone.

I had read Fofana is off to Athens. They have another few days of their window

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Gabriel now gone.

I had read Fofana is off to Athens. They have another few days of their window

As things stand, I’m at loss how we haven’t drafted him into the first team squad. Surely he is better than Guiu? 

Nice that Gabriel has found a final destination. 

18 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

As things stand, I’m at loss how we haven’t drafted him into the first team squad. Surely he is better than Guiu? 

Nice that Gabriel has found a final destination. 

Without doubt. I can only assume Fofana was scouted and signed by the director who quit last year. As we've seen, anybody not signed by the double act doesn't have a future at Chelsea. 

58 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but Osimen has sacked his agent. He apparently negotiated his move to turkey without one. 

Attempt to save face? Surely the will of the player must be more important than the will of the agent?  

20 hours ago, Bison said:

Without doubt. I can only assume Fofana was scouted and signed by the director who quit last year. As we've seen, anybody not signed by the double act doesn't have a future at Chelsea. 

Right, so Fofana (D) was brought in during the same window as Mudryk and Enzo. 

Fofana (Wes) was bought in before that, and he is now in the starting XI, alongside Colwill, and Cucurella. All 3 arrived before the "double act"

At least be consistent with your anti-Clearlake ramblings. 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Right, so Fofana (D) was brought in during the same window as Mudryk and Enzo. 

Fofana (Wes) was bought in before that, and he is now in the starting XI, alongside Colwill, and Cucurella. All 3 arrived before the "double act"

At least be consistent with your anti-Clearlake ramblings. 

A window in which Vivell was still at the club in his recruitment post. As I said, 'I can only assume' that to be the case. It's a working theory that to me at least seems to be what's happening more often than not. 

Palmer not included in Europa Conference squad.

There's a thread being talked about with the owners and what-not and their failure to not secure FOS sponsorship and someone - accurately - linked that failure to CL qualification failure. Surely - surely, surely? - winning the tournament we have the best chance of winning out of all of them this season should be priority number 1 and thus becoming more attractive as a sponsor? 

I can't see a top 4 finish, we'll do very well to finish top 6, and domestic cups are a lottery so surely winning the ECL earmarked as priority - what reason to not include Cole in the squad? Rest him for all of the league rounds of the ECL, even rest him up for early Carabao and FA Cup fixtures but why not have him in the 25 for the Thursday games?

And what if somehow we do win that one and he is medal-less? 

Strange one for me - anyone think it's a good move?

EDIT: read now that he can be registered for latter rounds. So a pointless post 🙃

Edited by KingThistle

18 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

Palmer not included in Europa Conference squad.

There's a thread being talked about with the owners and what-not and their failure to not secure FOS sponsorship and someone - accurately - linked that failure to CL qualification failure. Surely - surely, surely? - winning the tournament we have the best chance of winning out of all of them this season should be priority number 1 and thus becoming more attractive as a sponsor? 

I can't see a top 4 finish, we'll do very well to finish top 6, and domestic cups are a lottery so surely winning the ECL earmarked as priority - what reason to not include Cole in the squad? Rest him for all of the league rounds of the ECL, even rest him up for early Carabao and FA Cup fixtures but why not have him in the 25 for the Thursday games?

And what if somehow we do win that one and he is medal-less? 

Strange one for me - anyone think it's a good move?

Looks like Wesley Fofana and Romeo Lavia also left out, not sure if Lavia would qualify for a B list if there is one

That squad should be strong enough to beat all the teams in the group stage, and probably best some of the fringe players have the opportunity to get some minutes

I understand your point, but if we can't beat those teams with the players available we don't deserve to progress. I'm guessing the missing 3  may well be added in after January and will therefore get medals if we win the competition

• Agree 2

The tricky thing in January will be telling some players they’re no Lo no er included in the squad, now we’re at the business end.

I understand the logic for not including Fofana, Lavia and Palmer though and I would imagine they’ve done it with all three players agreement.

[Fabrizio Romano] Cole Palmer, Roméo Lavia and Wesley Fofana are 𝐎𝐔𝐓 of Conference League list for Chelsea as club just confirmed 🔵⚠️The decision has been made due to load management as Chelsea season could go on until July 2025… with Club’s World Cup too, taking no risk for new injuries.

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Cole Palmer, Roméo Lavia and Wesley Fofana are 𝐎𝐔𝐓 of Conference League list for Chelsea as club just confirmed

We really should be good enough to beat these sides without this trio, but then again we lost to Servette with Palmer playing so…

• Agree 1

Marseca has said rhat Chilwell will probably join back in to 1st team training sessions.

Reports that Casadei has joined the 'bomb squad'. It had escaped me that he played under Maresca when on loan at Leicester last season, who is also Italian. You would think he knows quite a lot about the player already so would absolutely bizarre to keep him around and then dump him this late in the game. Probably just a rumour, but nothing would surprise me these days

8 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Marseca has said rhat Chilwell will probably join back in to 1st team training sessions.

Reports that Casadei has joined the 'bomb squad'. It had escaped me that he played under Maresca when on loan at Leicester last season, who is also Italian. You would think he knows quite a lot about the player already so would absolutely bizarre to keep him around and then dump him this late in the game. Probably just a rumour, but nothing would surprise me these days

It seems there is no bomb squad, just 29 first team players and a few players that will mostly play for the U21s but might play in the Conference League or League Cup. 

Not sure what happens to Sturge, Vale, Matos and Washington but I guess they will be wasting their time in the U21s.

2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

It seems there is no bomb squad, just 29 first team players and a few players that will mostly play for the U21s but might play in the Conference League or League Cup. 

Not sure what happens to Sturge, Vale, Matos and Washington but I guess they will be wasting their time in the U21s.

Domestic loans to the CC and lower leagues remain open, no? Could see several of these names ending up there.