Official: Enzo MARESCA announced as new Chelsea Head Coach

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Slow not just physically but mentally too it seems. I'd say get rid of this clown but anybody that could afford him can do better. So we're stuck with him for the next 8 years.

Unfortunately, and I caveat the following by saying if it appears to be what it is/true - then I’d agree.

I’ve my own doubts as to whether he’s suited to the PL, he wanted to be released to be able to play for Argentina in the Olympics and and my old Machiavellian brain can’t help but think that posting that video is a way of attempting  to force a reversal of that decision - let the dust settle or get him a move. They can be daft, but they’re savvy and worldly enough to know that singing that sort of stuff is not acceptable outside of Argentina.

If there’s a smidgen of fact in the incident then the press will get hold of it and run it, as soon as the England reporting dies off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, east lower said:

Unfortunately, and I caveat the following by saying if it appears to be what it is/true - then I’d agree.

I’ve my own doubts as to whether he’s suited to the PL, he wanted to be released to be able to play for Argentina in the Olympics and and my old Machiavellian brain can’t help but think that posting that video is a way of attempting  to force a reversal of that decision - let the dust settle or get him a move. They can be daft, but they’re savvy and worldly enough to know that singing that sort of stuff is not acceptable outside of Argentina.

If there’s a smidgen of fact in the incident then the press will get hold of it and run it, as soon as the England reporting dies off.

To be honest, I'd started to see through Enzo as a player anyway. He is a pretty pointless footballer all things considered. If we didn't overpay like 70m then it'd fairly easy to move him on. 

And no, I don't think this was pre-planned to allow him to play the Olympics. He is just incredibly stupid like all racists are.

Given how hard the club has worked on tackling discrimination with the No to Hate campaign among other things, I can imagine there are people at the club who are absolutely furious with Enzo right now.  It only takes idiocy like that to undermine so much good work.

Absolutely infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

Given how hard the club has worked on tackling discrimination with the No to Hate campaign among other things, I can imagine there are people at the club who are absolutely furious with Enzo right now.  It only takes idiocy like that to undermine so much good work.

Absolutely infuriating. 

Agree....but remember,,,"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

Absolutely infuriating. 

Have you looked at who the owners donate money to in the US elections 😳

“Listen, spread the word, they play in France, but they are all from Angola, they are going to run well, they like to sleep with trans people, their mum is Nigerian, their dad is Cameroonian, but on the passport it says: French”

Very, very bad. Pretty disgusting tbh. Even if Enzo was amazing that’s completely not the point. Horrid song sung by horrid people. 💀💯👀

53 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

“Listen, spread the word, they play in France, but they are all from Angola, they are going to run well, they like to sleep with trans people, their mum is Nigerian, their dad is Cameroonian, but on the passport it says: French”

Very, very bad. Pretty disgusting tbh. Even if Enzo was amazing that’s completely not the point. Horrid song sung by horrid people. 💀💯👀

I'd get sacked if I did what he did.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Is that what they said or google translate version?

Before we jump on any bandwagon, isn't it the case that he was filming the celebrations and when they started to sing that song  he stopped filming? Is there any evidence that he was singing it, or that he approved of them singing it?

18 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Before we jump on any bandwagon, isn't it the case that he was filming the celebrations and when they started to sing that song  he stopped filming? Is there any evidence that he was singing it, or that he approved of them singing it?

Absolutely no different to what is sung at the Welsh vs England rugby games sung at the millennium  stadium. 

26 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It’s in the article. 👀 🗞️💯

Sorry Matt 

I meant is the translation, a press translation or a genuine translation?. 

Just now, ROTG said:

Sorry Matt 

I meant is the translation, a press translation or a genuine translation?. 

I don’t know. It’s quoted in the article so I’d imagine it’s pretty accurate. 💯💀👀

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I think anyone fair-minded would say he was joining in. And you know me - I’m probably the least PC/woke person on the forum. 💀💯👀

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Genuine question, is there more than one video? The one in the linked Metro article really clearly shows him singing and smiling along. He is grinning as he stops filming. Obviously I have no clue what specifically is being sung at any point, nor any clue of what understanding or appreciation any of those players have about how awful what they are singing is, but I don't know how you could construct any kind of argument that he wasn't enthusiastically joining in.

More generally, I doubt, as is being suggested in some parts of the internet, that he is some kind of hardened racist who consciously hates black people. Much more likely a run-of-the-mill idiot unthinking racist who doesn't see singing a "funny" song about black people being fast or not really French is racism. 

This shit must be so exhausting for black people. I'm exhausted just by Chelsea players doing this crap over the years.

• Agree 2

If the song thing is true, and I think it is, how can the club in all conscience kick out racism in the stands when one of the players - and one of the most high-profile - does something like this?

👀💀😬

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not a good look in light of recent events. 

Players always have in mind someone to give their shirts to before a game ends because they've spotted someone with a placard or they've spotted a kid. 

This looks like a couple of kids trying to steal the shirt (more than once) when the player has made it clear who the shirt is going to. 

This tweet is clearly from an arsenal fan so context to them is irrelevant. 

Nothing to see here apart from a couple of Chelsea fans trying to be dicks.  

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Players always have in mind someone to give their shirts to before a game ends because they've spotted someone with a placard or they've spotted a kid. 

This looks like a couple of kids trying to steal the shirt (more than once) when the player has made it clear who the shirt is going to. 

This tweet is clearly from an arsenal fan so context to them is irrelevant. 

Nothing to see here apart from a couple of Chelsea fans trying to be dicks.  

Which is why I immediately linked the next video tbh because it is a very complex issue and not as cut and dried as it looks I feel. 

• Like 1