Official: Enzo MARESCA announced as new Chelsea Head Coach

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Translated as ‘Uninhibited Racism’ - Going to get interesting, in a bad way!

Chelsea now investigating according to reports. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Translated as ‘Uninhibited Racism’ - Going to get interesting, in a bad way!

Yep. That is pretty damning. Not sure how he can be accommodated at the club now.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Yep. That is pretty damning. Not sure how he can be accommodated at the club now.

IMO he can’t. In the real world you’d rightly get a P45 for this kind of behaviour. But this is football so no doubt there’ll be some mealy-mouthed PR BS and a fake apology from Enzo, because it’s always about the dollaridoos. 💀💰💰💰

11 minutes ago, Bison said:

Chelsea now investigating according to reports. 

Assume that Man Utd will do likewise?  Didn’t they have at least 2 in that squad?

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, east lower said:

Assume that Man Utd will do likewise? 

I wondered this. Can't make out who is in the video, but then not everyone singing will be on camera. And a few other PL clubs are represented in that squad. Utd (Garnarcho, Lisandro Martinez), Villa (Emi Martinez), Spurs (Romero, Lo Celso), Liverpool (Mac Allister). Think that's it, but maybe others?

Irrelevant to our player and what we have to do, just curious.

Edit: Alvarez at City just occurred to me, too.

Edited by thevelourfog

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wondered this. Can't make out who is in the video, but then not everyone singing will be on camera. And a few other PL clubs are represented in that squad. Utd (Garnarcho, Lisandro Martinez), Villa (Emi Martinez), Spurs (Romero, Lo Celso), Liverpool (Mac Allister). Think that's it, but maybe others?

Irrelevant to our player and what we have to do, just curious.

Absolutely, to the last sentence. Unless they can be seen in the video, I suppose they could deny that they did it, when getting back to their clubs.

From memory, I don’t think that any of the players and clubs they are at have as large a French contingent as we do. So it might not cause the issues that are starting to emerge at our club. I don’t do any social media, but I’m reading on the internet (links to Daily Mail and other main media sources) that our  French lads have ‘unfollowed’ Fernandez on Instagram. And so it begins.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

Absolutely, to the last sentence. Unless they can be seen in the video, I suppose they could deny that they did it, when getting back to their clubs.

From memory, I don’t think that any of the players and clubs they are at have as large a French contingent as we do. So it might not cause the issues that are starting to emerge at our club. I don’t do any social media, but I’m reading on the internet (links to Daily Mail and other main media sources) that our  French lads have ‘unfollowed’ Fernandez on Instagram. And so it begins.

As I said earlier, I think anyone fair-minded would think Enzo was joining in. 👀💯💯

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

As I said earlier, I think anyone fair-minded would think Enzo was joining in. 👀💯💯

There’s no doubting it, from the footage. It was the other PL teams players that might be able to deny, deny, deny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

There’s no doubting it, from the footage. It was the other PL teams players that might be able to deny, deny, deny.

IMO it’s absolutely dreadful that so many of them were doing it tbh. They ought to be ashamed of themselves - if they knew how. 😬😬😬

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

If the song thing is true, and I think it is, how can the club in all conscience kick out racism in the stands when one of the players - and one of the most high-profile - does something like this?

👀💀😬

You're absolutely right that it seriously undermines everyone's efforts. 

Believe me, there will be consequences. A lot of people are upset, angry, and disappointed right now. I don't know exactly what will happen, but people won't let this be buried.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Just shows how dislikable so many players are - for me it’s part of the reason I’m losing interest; something I never ever thought I would do. 😔💙

Comes with their quite wrongful view that great wealth and fame gives them the right to ‘preach to the masses’. 

I’m only interested in football, not their politics, religion or most of the time views on anything else other than football.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Everyone at Chelsea is unfollowing him. 

20220830_220912.thumb.jpg.4d5ccc3f904e10a64b623a09a688fbe8.jpg

I just saw someone say Gallagher has just started following him. 

I wonder what happens if everyone says no, we don't want him here. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I just saw someone say Gallagher has just started following him. 

I wonder what happens if everyone says no, we don't want him here. 

Tricky situation now. How do you fix this?

Club have invested a massive sum and really cannot afford the financial hit. They could suspend him and go for a dismissal on the grounds of Gross Misconduct. That might save the club paying off his contract but you’ve done your money as regards the transfer fee and what’s left on the books. They could possibly go after him, as Roman did with Mutu - but even though that was found in the club’s favour, they didn’t get much back from Mutu (shame as he was an excellent player). Had a habit of mis-placing Porsche’s over London and the Home Counties! Probably as a result of his other habit.😂

Only way would be to go to the PL and see if there’s a deal to be done as regards FFP or whatever they call it now. Namely, we’ll come down as hard as we can  and bare our teeth and show the world that the PL comes down hard, but we need your support as regards the financial loss. But, I don’t hold out much hope for the latter.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 2

In agreement with everyone..how could one not be ?,,but why are the trophy winners from the Americas competition singing about a European side ?,,beyond my understanding all round,,at least the Spanish rubbish is relevant to the region however imbecilic,

9 minutes ago, chara said:

In agreement with everyone..how could one not be ?,,but why are the trophy winners from the Americas competition singing about a European side ?,,beyond my understanding all round,,at least the Spanish rubbish is relevant to the region however imbecilic,

Something to do with the World Cup final maybe? I don’t know. Morons, the lot of them. 💀😬😡

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Hangover from the World Cup final? They did something similar then apparently.

Edit: Sky are running with it now.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13179116/chelsea-investigating-enzo-fernandezs-video-of-argentina-squad-that-french-football-federation-alleges-is-racist

Edited by east lower

What an idiot. In fact idiot is probably far too polite. Get him out my club, and please.

It’s going to be a massive financial hit, but I don’t want someone like that at my club and our players shouldn’t have to put up with having someone like that in the squad. Suspend him, tell him he still can’t go to the Olympics and find a way to get rid of him.

Blows my mind the level of stupidity and arrogance in show here.

• Like 1

I think pound for pound this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a human do.

Letting out a casual racist word would be one thing, but this is a direct attack on six of his Chelsea teammates, and he's front and centre recording it like a fucking bellend.

This ends with an apology and multiple awkward training sessions or a three year loan spell at Atletico Madrid.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Back on the forum after re-discovering the new site! 

Not with good news though - this Enzo chant does not look good - Fofana has come out calling him racist. Chelsea investigating and Gusto, Fofana and Disasi unfollowed him on instagram

https://x.com/Wesley_Fofana3/status/1813286455256519160

Great to have you back, how did you find us?!

• Like 1