Official: Enzo MARESCA announced as new Chelsea Head Coach

5 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

I think pound for pound this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a human do.

Letting out a casual racist word would be one thing, but this is a direct attack on six of his Chelsea teammates, and he's front and centre recording it like a fucking bellend.

This ends with an apology and multiple awkward training sessions or a three year loan spell at Atletico Madrid.

Yep, absolute moron. Just comes across a a nasty piece of work that I’d want nothing to do with. I hope we don’t see him in a Chelsea shirt again. 

1 minute ago, Proud-Blue said:

Ugh, I just remembered I got Enzo on the back of my shirt. 

Oh well, I'll just have to buy one of those really cool new kits that everybody likes...

You could always burn it and see if it looks like the new one and prove those oh so clever Nike design people right. 😉

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Ugh, I just remembered I got Enzo on the back of my shirt. 

Oh well, I'll just have to buy one of those really cool new kits that everybody likes...

Apparently the white away one is going down well. I don't like it myself though. 

As mentioned earlier,,what about the other EPL based players in the room ?

To give The( Chelsea hating) Media a chance to shed Crocodile tears and take the High Moral Ground so hypocritically is another self inflicted wound,,,

Beyond belief all round,

Any Club reaction will be torn to pieces one way or another and if/when the idiot gets punished will the media go after other players?

I have read here,,thanks...about player reactions alleged at Chelsea..any words from elsewhere?

1 minute ago, chara said:

As mentioned earlier,,what about the other EPL based players in the room ?

To give The( Chelsea hating) Media a chance to shed Crocodile tears and take the High Moral Ground so hypocritically is another self inflicted wound,,,

Beyond belief all round,

Any Club reaction will be torn to pieces one way or another and if/when the idiot gets punished will the media go after other players?

I have read here,,thanks...about player reactions alleged at Chelsea..any words from elsewhere?

@thevelourfog and I discussed this earlier in the discussion. Thus far the silence about other PL clubs and their Argentinian NT players is deafening, but we all probably expect that, don’t we?

Just now, east lower said:

@thevelourfog and I discussed this earlier in the discussion. Thus far the silence about other PL clubs and their Argentinian NT players is deafening, but we all probably expect that, don’t we?

Sadly YES.

Being so far away I am not hands on with the media etc reponses...can anyone fill in the gaps ?

Just now, east lower said:

I remember when we axed Mutu because of the "issues" he had. 

We did the right thing and were roundly lambasted for it. 

Enzo is just one of an apparently entire squad to join in with this idiotic song but so far he's the sole person anyone is going for. 

Mind you gurning like a stoned chimp as the "face" of the video is probably the major factor. 

I understand that Argentina is horribly racist and has a very questionable past regarding what used to be a large percentage of black inhabitants of their country. 

The more you dig the worse it gets. 

• Like 1

Alvarez (City for now) was sitting next to Enzo and has started getting stick 

Martinez (Utd) has been pointed out in the back of Enzo's video too 

Presume Garnacho / Macallister would have been on the same bus...? 

27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Great to have you back, how did you find us?!

I was intermittently searching and now found it so made my account and can be active on it again! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I remember when we axed Mutu because of the "issues" he had. 

We did the right thing and were roundly lambasted for it. 

Enzo is just one of an apparently entire squad to join in with this idiotic song but so far he's the sole person anyone is going for. 

Mind you gurning like a stoned chimp as the "face" of the video is probably the major factor. 

I understand that Argentina is horribly racist and has a very questionable past regarding what used to be a large percentage of black inhabitants of their country. 

The more you dig the worse it gets. 

Allegedly, Mutu was given a number of opportunities to get help for what rumoured to be a massive coke addiction.

Jose had given him at least two chances to go into a clinic to get clean and his absence and reasons for it had been planned out. PL were onto it and were going to test him, which would have given the club more problems than just the players ban. In the end the club had no choice. But I do remember the press reporting we hadn’t supported him.

Had my doubts about him (Fernandez) anyway as regards his ability to play in the PL. Wanted to see if he’d perform better after the operation, but not sure I want to now.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just sack him. You shouldn't need black French players to point out this is wrong. And you don't need to wait to see if any other clubs will do the same with their players.

Sack him, and if anyone signs him in the next 8 years try to get the transfer fee from them, a la Mutu.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, east lower said:

I’m reading on the internet (links to Daily Mail and other main media sources) that our  French lads have ‘unfollowed’ Fernandez on Instagram. And so it begins.

I’ve also read the same thing, Fofana is being quite badly racially abused on instagram because of this, which sadly doesn’t surprise me, or any one else I’m sure, social media is a cesspool. 

As a fan, I’ll be honest I really don’t want us to be associated with Enzo. 

27 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I’ve also read the same thing, Fofana is being quite badly racially abused on instagram because of this, which sadly doesn’t surprise me, or any one else I’m sure, social media is a cesspool. 

As a fan, I’ll be honest I really don’t want us to be associated with Enzo. 

The club have done the right thing and acted quickly. Having said that, they had very little choice given what can be seen and heard.

The player will have his chance to answer the club’s questions and the club must follow their own procedures and processes. On the face of what we can see and translate it’s reasonably clear that he and his teammates are way out of order and they ALL should be made to apologise publicly. Our man should front-up and personally speak with his club teammates to explain and say his sorry’s. 

We’ll soon see the courage of the club’s convictions - or not, as the case will be.

One thing that irritates me. It’s the “I don’t subscribe to those views” BS; if you didn’t believe it, you wouldn’t sing it. It’s like this “oh that was out of character”. If it’s not in your character you wouldn’t do it!😡😡👀💯💀

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Bison said:

I'm truly sorry lads, I got so caught up in the euphoria of winning I started singing racist songs.

51 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

One thing that irritates me. It’s the “I don’t subscribe to those views” BS; if you didn’t believe it, you wouldn’t sing it. It’s like this “oh that was out of character”. If it’s not in your character you wouldn’t do it!😡😡👀💯💀

The positive thing now is that there’s recognition he’s messed-up. Whether he realises just how badly he’s done that and the strength of the distrust he’s created I am not so sure. 

But with recognition of the issue (assuming the words are heartfelt and headwise) ought to start a process of understanding why he and his NT teammates have caused such hurt, cultural appreciation and just growing the f**k-up as and acting like a civilised human-being. What’s the saying - ‘to err is human, to forgive devine’. This apology isn’t the end, but it’s a start. How he goes about doing more and how successful it will be, I’m not sure. Would I trust him again if I were say Fofana, Gusto or Disasi? Not sure I would. I’m mixed race, don’t look it but my Christian name gives a big clue and was in school in the late 60’s to early 80’s. The country was a very different place to the one it is now and even a teacher or two would bring race up, never mind those I thought were mates. 

There were a few that said things in anger or thought it was funny, it hurts and chews away at your self-confidence and what you now know as mental well-being. Most that said stuff never apologised but the next day/week were inviting me round or wanting to go fishing, play sport etc. As you get older, you realise that the problem isn’t yours, it’s 100% theirs. But it effects you, I’d fill forms in that asked for ethnicity as ‘white British’ up until about 15 years ago. That's how long it took me to get comfortable in my own identity. These things play strange, lasting games mentally. That’s why this event can be so damaging.

He’d not be the only young  (or older) man to get caught up singing offensive stuff - racial or religious. Go to an away game and you’ll hear 100’s singing an offensive song about Catholics, ask 80% of those what Fenian means and they’d not be able to tell you or why those troubles began. Just weak of mind and knowledge.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

At a bare minimum, I would like him to personally and privately apologise to the rest of the Chelsea squad. I don't need to witness it, just to know it happened. I would like to see the club give him a significant ban from playing for us and I would like him to be personally punished, such as a large fine to be paid to one of the major anti-racist groups such as KickItOut. He needs to know it is not acceptable to the players, the club, the fans and the football community. That would be a start.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, east lower said:

The positive thing now is that there’s recognition he’s messed-up. Whether he realises just how badly he’s done that and the strength of the distrust he’s created I am not so sure. 

But with recognition of the issue (assuming the words are heartfelt and headwise) ought to start a process of understanding why he and his NT teammates have caused such hurt, cultural appreciation and just growing the f**k-up as and acting like a civilised human-being. What’s the saying - ‘to err is human, to forgive devine’. This apology isn’t the end, but it’s a start. How he goes about doing more and how successful it will be, I’m not sure. Would I trust him again if I were say Fofana, Gusto or Disasi? Not sure I would. I’m mixed race, don’t look it but my Christian name gives a big clue and was in school in the late 60’s to early 80’s. The country was a very different place to the one it is now and even a teacher or two would bring race up, never mind those I thought were mates. 

There were a few that said things in anger or thought it was funny, it hurts and chews away at your self-confidence and what you now know as mental well-being. Most that said stuff never apologised but the next day/week were inviting me round or wanting to go fishing, play sport etc. As you get older, you realise that the problem isn’t yours, it’s 100% theirs. But it effects you, I’d fill forms in that asked for ethnicity as ‘white British’ up until about 15 years ago. That's how long it took me to get comfortable in my own identity. These things play strange, lasting games mentally. That’s why this event can be so damaging.

He’d not be the only young  (or older) man to get caught up singing offensive stuff - racial or religious. Go to an away game and you’ll hear 100’s singing an offensive song about Catholics, ask 80% of those what Fenian means and they’d not be able to tell you or why those troubles began. Just weak of mind and knowledge.

I hear you. I’m Jewish and have had casual remarks made to me my whole life - “Jews are rich”, “Jews are good with money”, etc etc. All the BS. This out and out racism (which I’ve also had to deal with) as well as the cell-deep stupidity of it all demonstrates to me that Enzo shouldn’t play for Chelsea again. As I said earlier, fans would rightly be banned for this kind of behaviour - why should Enzo for all intents and purposes get away with it? 🩷🩶🩷💯

• Like 1
  • Agree 1