Official: Enzo MARESCA announced as new Chelsea Head Coach

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

I hear you. I’m Jewish and have had casual remarks made to me my whole life - “Jews are rich”, “Jews are good with money”, etc etc. All the BS. This out and out racism (which I’ve also had to deal with) as well as the cell-deep stupidity of it all demonstrates to me that Enzo shouldn’t play for Chelsea again. As I said earlier, fans would rightly be banned for this kind of behaviour - why should Enzo for all intents and purposes get away with it? 🩷🩶🩷💯

I honestly cannot see a way back for him , it's a real can of worms , I think the club should sell him now as if they sack him and all the other players involved , players from Liverpool , United and Villa , not to mention other European clubs aren't dismissed he'll have a case against the club for wrongful dismissal . I cannot for the life of me imagine Liverpool binning MacAllister or Villa Martinez . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A bit wishy washy really 

What a crock of shit. Putting aside that imo he should not be representing our club, it will cause division in a squad that desperately needs unity. Not a helpful start for the manager either. 😡💯💀

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A bit wishy washy really 

What a crock of shit. Putting aside that imo he should not be representing our club, it will cause division in a squad that desperately needs unity. Not a helpful start for the manager either. 😡💯💀

To be fair to the club, they probably can’t and don’t want to say too much at this stage, but they’ve done the right thing in acknowledging it and saying they’re going to deal with it.

I imagine they’ve got many people running around looking at this working out what needs to happen. Not what the new manager needs at this stage. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

They were never gonna publicly chuck him under the bus, wonder how he explains himself to his black teammates though and he’s in for a lovely reception from our fans and oppo fans next time he’s on the ball for us. 

I dont see a way back for him with the squad to be honest. Even if on the surface it’s presented as forgiveness and they’re all getting along, it won’t be forgotten, so he will have to leave. Whether he goes this summer or next, the club will have to move him on, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hopefully he's called the teammates he insulted and seriously apologized. That could potentially save this situation but if that horrendous statement he put out is all he's done then he's a piece of crap and deserves to be sacked on the spot. Because that statement was not written by him and there is no indication in that statement alone that he's even sorry about whats transpired,

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MickyDroy said:

Hopefully he's called the teammates he insulted and seriously apologized. That could potentially save this situation but if that horrendous statement he put out is all he's done then he's a piece of crap and deserves to be sacked on the spot. Because that statement was not written by him and there is no indication in that statement alone that he's even sorry about whats transpired,

It isn’t even on his Instagram. Conor is following him but I don’t think our French players are. 💯💀👀

I hope he never plays for us again.

Forget the financial ramifications. 

We can not allow a racist scumbag to be associated with our football club. In any way.

Get him out and get him out now.

• Agree 2

It isn’t even on his Instagram. Conor is following him but I don’t think our French players are. 💯💀👀

I think the only possible way out here is him to fess up and say he really didn't think it was racist in the first place which was why he filmed and posted it as you'd have to be thick as mince otherwise . 

Maybe he can then be re-educated into the hurt this can cause as you and East Lower have so eloquently described previously.

Then Maresca gets them all in the boxing ring and they can all duke it out before the season starts . 

• Haha 1

TBSD are destined to never have a nice, tranquil week as owners of this club. 

Even their harshest critics' must start feeling sorry for them now. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Poor old Todd ‘n’ Eggy. They must feel cursed 💀🤣 ️ 

3 hours ago, Bison said:

I'm truly sorry lads, I got so caught up in the euphoria of winning I started singing racist songs.

You joke, but probably a relatable sentiment to lots of football fans!

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

You'd think so ... 

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I hear you. I’m Jewish and have had casual remarks made to me my whole life - “Jews are rich”, “Jews are good with money”, etc etc. All the BS. This out and out racism (which I’ve also had to deal with) as well as the cell-deep stupidity of it all demonstrates to me that Enzo shouldn’t play for Chelsea again. As I said earlier, fans would rightly be banned for this kind of behaviour - why should Enzo for all intents and purposes get away with it? 🩷🩶🩷💯

I suspect the club will be loathe to get rid completely - and we both probably know the reasons why. 

He may get a short ban, they can only fine him a maximum of two weeks money unless he agrees to more. 

But if the whole sorry tale, teaches some people the value of fairness and equality, then there may be a positive that emerges. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

You'd think so ... 

That was the happiest I've ever seen Enzo!

4 hours ago, Bison said:

I'm truly sorry lads, I got so caught up in the euphoria of winning I started singing racist songs.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

To be brutally honest, I have been at football games, stag weekends, probably parties etc, where you do get caught up in things (certainly at football) and you say, sing or do things that on reflection you are not proud of, and are glad never saw the light of day (and luckily never have done)

But I am not a pro footballer in the limelight. And i wouldn't be stupid enough to post that stuff online. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

To be brutally honest, I have been at football games, stag weekends, probably parties etc, where you do get caught up in things (certainly at football) and you say, sing or do things that on reflection you are not proud of, and are glad never saw the light of day (and luckily never have done)

But I am not a pro footballer in the limelight. And i wouldn't be stupid enough to post that stuff online. 

I don’t know you of course but based on your posts I cannot imagine you singing a song like this. 💀👀

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t know you of course but based on your posts I cannot imagine you singing a song like this. 💀👀

No, of course not. Nothing to this degree. But I have, at times, sung stuff in the heat of the moment that I am perhaps not particularly proud of.  I think most people in life have done something at some stage that they would happily keep a secret forever. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No, of course not. Nothing to this degree. But I have, at times, sung stuff in the heat of the moment that I am perhaps not particularly proud of.  I think most people in life have done something at some stage that they would happily keep a secret forever. 

I’m just glad camera phones and social media didn’t exist back then 😅📱💀🤣🤣🤣

• Agree 1

More from pre-season training.   Maybe I missed him, but I don't recall seeing Nico Jackson.  I know he picked up an ankle injury when he was with his national squad a few weeks back, and returned to Cobham for assessment... anybody have any news?

Jackson picked up an ankle strain, which is usually estimated to be between 4 to 6 weeks.

He's probably individually training, and shoud be back training with the team sometime during the US tour.

• Thanks 1