General tournament chat

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Cesc and Frank on pundit duty 💙💙

My evening is made

Shame they’re accompanied by that bald Geordy. Bring back Andy Gray, Des Lynham, Jimmy Hill and Motty  …. 

29 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Mine would be if only the commentator would tell me something I can’t see with my own eyes …. “Ronaldo has the ball …  cross comes in .. that is swell”.  Why bother?

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Shame they’re accompanied by that bald Geordy. Bring back Andy Gray, Des Lynham, Jimmy Hill and Motty  …. 

Someone’s in a good mood tonight 🙁

Now I’m in a seriously bad mood. I loathe that man … oh, offside. Happy as Larry now.

Ok retract that.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Now I’m in a seriously bad mood. I loathe that man … oh, offside. Happy as Larry now.

Ok retract that.

He's so unlikeable. Great player, but an arse. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

As long as though they don't bring back 'Arry bloody Redknapp or Droopy (Mark Lawrenson).  Cesc and Frank are class acts as pundits as they were players, Shearer is OK, Ashley Williams is dull as ditchwater and the less said about Micah Richards the better, he just cackles unnecessarily at the smallest thing.  On ITV Keane and Souness are their best pundits. The best co=commentator is Ally McCoist by a mile, and the worst has to be Andros Townsend, who sums up the modern day pundits, doesn't say anything to upset his mates and talks in cliches.

Edited by blueandproud

Good tournament so far, full of good football and great young players.  The Turkey-Georgia match was pure quality, much better than the negative defensive rubbish that is so often served up in international football.  Keep up the good work all teams.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Good tournament so far, full of good football and great young players.  The Turkey-Georgia match was pure quality, much better than the negative defensive rubbish that is so often served up in international football.  Keep up the good work all teams.

Yes that was a great game 

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

As long as though they don't bring back 'Arry bloody Redknapp or Droopy (Mark Lawrenson).  Cesc and Frank are class acts as pundits as they were players, Shearer is OK, Ashley Williams is dull as ditchwater and the less said about Micah Richards the better, he just cackles unnecessarily at the smallest thing.  On ITV Keane and Souness are their best pundits. The best co=commentator is Ally McCoist by a mile, and the worst has to be Andros Townsend, who sums up the modern day pundits, doesn't say anything to upset his mates and talks in cliches.

I cannot bear Ally McCoist.  Cannot bear him.

Offers no meaningful analysis, no analysis at all and says everything, and I mean everything twice. 

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Have I missed something (probably 🙄) either on here or in general, but why on earth did we let Jamal Musiala slip through our fingers?

He wanted to return to live with his family in Germany after his youth contract at Chelsea expired and so we only got compensation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sciatika said:

I wish Shearer could learn the adage, "If you have nothing to say, say nothing."

If it's possible, he's more boring than Michael Owen. 

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

I hope I'm not misremembering this but I find it hilarious that Shearer is tasked with giving advice about football tactics considering that when he was Newcastle manager he had one game left to stop them being relegated, all they had to do was ensure they weren't beaten and he set Newcastle up to cower inside their own half before losing to a late winner from arch enemies Sunderland who relegated them with Newcastle not laying a glove on them 

Tactical genius. 

On 19/06/2024 at 18:39, Ham said:

No=one's more boring than Michael Owen, except possibly Andros Townsend, pure dross (no pun intended).  On the Beeb, worst co-commentator has to be Jermain Jenas, just can't stand his dopey voice.  

Talkshit (sport) pundits are an insult to the intelligence.  Emmanuel Petit can't even speak English!  Ditmar Hamman is an egomaniac masquerading as an expert, and Alex Crook is an absolute knob, he's basically Adrian Durham Mark II.  'Arry Redknapp should be pensioned off as well, why is he treated as a  national treasure?  He stabbed Billy Bonds in the back to get the West Ham job (that's what Bonds said years ago), jumped  ship from Portsmouth to go to Southampton, and when tings went tits up at Southampton he upped sticks again and abled Portsmouth dry financially by his overspending.  Destroyed QPR as well, brining in dregs like Ryan Nelsen, SWP, Bosingwa, Stephen Caulker and Christopher Samba ro name but a few, but his bastard apologists always defend him.  Not to mention Laurel and Hardy (White and Jordan) and Bill and Ben The Flowerpot Men (Agbonlahr and O'Hara). 

When I think of Redknapp the words "deeply dodgy" come to mind. Harry Redknapp's defence in court against tax evasion was that he was dyscalculic and dyslexic and so had difficulty understanding transfer contracts. I have no idea how he thought he would get away with that.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

When I think of Redknapp the words "deeply dodgy" come to mind. Harry Redknapp's defence in court against tax evasion was that he was dyscalculic and dyslexic and so had difficulty understanding transfer contracts. I have no idea how he thought he would get away with that.

And I forgot to add he looks like Droopy the cartoon character as well!

31 minutes ago, JaneB said:

So how will Anthony Taylor referee this? 😏

So far he has done ok. But none of our French A team players are in the squad? Disasi/Badiashile/Gusto

And btw, the Dutch Captain (van Dijk) has been awful 😁😁😁

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

So far he has done ok. But none of our French A team players are in the squad? Disasi/Badiashile/Gusto

And btw, the Dutch Captain (van Dijk) has been awful 😁😁😁

The game has been "Taylored" 

Add Stewart Atwell into the mix and we get the only VAR check not sorted in thirty seconds and a bullshit decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

The game has been "Taylored" 

Add Stewart Atwell into the mix and we get the only VAR check not sorted in thirty seconds and a bullshit decision. 

Indeed. What a stupid decision. Sorry but it’s just stupid!

• Agree 1