Official: Estevao Willian to join Chelsea in Summer of 2025.

Chelsea Football Club has agreed a deal to sign teenage forward Estevao Willian from Palmeiras, with the Brazilian to officially join Chelsea next summer.

The 17-year-old has already built a strong reputation in South America as one of the most exciting talents around due to his skilful dribbling and electric pace, causing defences plenty of problems in his breakout season in senior football.

Estevao has featured 10 times in the Brazilian Serie A for Palmeiras, contributing two goals and two assists, as well as also finding the net in the Copa Libertadores and Copa do Brasil.

The exciting forward, who joins fellow Brazilians Andrey Santos, Deivid Washington and Angelo Gabriel at Stamford Bridge, has also featured for his nation at youth level.

Official announcement here.

• Like 1

Hello, guys.

I'm a Palmeiras supporter from Brazil. 

You have just signed the player that is very likely to become the biggest star of Brazilian football since Neymar.

In terms of POTENTIAL, at his age, he ranks above Vini Jr, Rodrygo and even his teammate Endrick (signed with Real Madrid).

None of them were doing what Estêvão is doing at only 17. Potential Ballon d'Or winner in the future.

Take care of him.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

Hello, guys.

I'm a Palmeiras fan from Brazil. 

You have just signed the player that is very likely to become the biggest star of Brazilian football since Neymar.

In terms of POTENTIAL, at his age, he ranks above Vini Jr, Rodrygo and even his teammate Endrick (signed with Real Madrid).

None of them were doing what Estêvão is doing at only 17. Potential Ballon d'Or winner in the future.

Take care of him.

Welcome. 

We've heard too many young players being described as "The new Messi" but everything I've read and heard about him makes him stand out.  

The big question is whether he can settle in London. 

What with him and Kendry Paez, potentially exciting times ahead. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

Thank you.

Estêvão is now a starter for the TOP team of South America. The most powerful side not only in Brazil, but on the continent (which is Palmeiras).

And he is RIPPING it.

This is no small feat. 

Playing for Palmeiras today is the highest level required for any player in South America, as it is the most successful club both at the Libertadores Cup and the Brazilian League in the last 6-7 years.

- Out of the last 8 Brazilian League editions, Palmeiras won 4 (2016, 2018, 2022, 2023).

- Out of the last 4 Libertadores editions, Palmeiras won 2 and reached semifinals in all 4 (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023).

He is not playing for a small team from a small league. He is playing for the Top team in the Top league of the continent.

So I think he is not bound to flop...

Don't get wrong. We know just how big and important a club Palmeiras is. 

The point was that a lot of players fail to settle in England because of the change in culture and the weather, as well as the speed and aggression of the Premier League. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

The point was that a lot of players fail to settle in England because of the change in culture and the weather, as well as the speed and aggression of the Premier League. 

Sure, I get that.

But these new kids are being prepared far earlier nowadays than in the past.

Estêvão is known as "Little Messi" in Brazil since he was about 12-13 years old and he was already treated as a professional player since then, with all the mental preparation that comes with it.

Same thing with Endrick, who seems like a grown up when you hear him talk in interviews (no one would say he's only 18).

These kids are being prepared from a younger age now, including mentally.

Especially the ones that show TREMENDOUS amount of talent, like Endrick and Estêvão, way beyond the "ordinary" curve.

These guys are different.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Jeez. Someone comes along, gutted probably at having a young talent ripped away so early, showing enthusiasm....and that's the response. Seems at odds at the contrarian responses you spout to some on here when questioning the club's spray money and stock up on youngsters approach.

Bet you'd be fun at a samba party

1 minute ago, patThenevin said:

Jeez. Someone comes along, gutted probably at having a young talent ripped away so early, showing enthusiasm....and that's the response. Seems at odds at the contrarian responses you spout to some on here when questioning the club's spray money and stock up on youngsters approach.

Bet you'd be fun at a samba party

Still smarting because I criticised you? 

Bless. 

And ANOTHER goal by Estêvão Willian at the Brasileirão. What a player.

Another great performance.

Palmeiras and Flamengo fighting for the top spot at this moment.

I guess the best 2 teams on the continent will remain the dominant forces again, for another season.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Welcome @Palmeiras_Fan, great to hear a bit more about Estêvão from someone who has watched much more of him than any of us have and especially a fan. Thank you!

We’ll definitely take care of him, I’m personally really excited to see just how good he is and can be!

Thank you.

The kid has just scored another goal and might as well be the man of the match (still 15 minutes to go).

Absolutely ahead of the curve.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

And ANOTHER goal by Estêvão Willian at the Brasileirão. What a player.

Another great performance.

Even did the "Cold Palmer" celebration after scoring.