Official: Estevao Willian to join Chelsea in Summer of 2025.

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Pretty ridiculous what this kid is doing right now. 

Obviously a long way to go still but things are looking incredibly bright.

Right now, he is very possibly the best player in the whole Beazilian League.

It's either him, Pedro (Flamengo) or Matheurs Pereira (Cruzeiro) going for the "Golden Ball", as of this moment (of course things can change up until the 38th round).

Estêvão is actually even better than Endrick, who was also INSANELY good before leaving to Real Madrid.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

I know we've signed a lot of young players with potential, but Estevao seems to be doing this every week. We really might have a genuinely special talent on our hands joining next season. Incredibly exciting.

How many wingers can we accommodate? Palmer, Nkunku, Mudryk, Neto, Sancho, Felix and Estevao. I reckon we need to get rid of at least one of them if not two. 

7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

How many wingers can we accommodate? Palmer, Nkunku, Mudryk, Neto, Sancho, Felix and Estevao. I reckon we need to get rid of at least one of them if not two. 

Mudryk can go imo. Palmer I hope is played centrally, he’s wasted wide. Personally I thought Noni and Neto would have been a great first choice pairing down the flanks

11 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I wouldn't be surprised if our esteemed owners already have a plan in mind to loan this fella out to the highest bidder when he does join. He'll continue to get overhyped over the next 12 months, then they will loan him out to someone like AC Milan, Dortmund for a season and see if they can recoup £10million type loan fee for him, which is not neccesarily a bad thing.

Personally, I can no longer get excited about these deals. Seen and heard too many of them over the years, Gael Kakuta, Charly Musonda, Tino Anjorin etc etc

I won't be wasting any energy on a kid who might turn out to be special in the future, when he is realistically 18-24 months away from contributing anything to us now.

He might be a genuine level above all them, but he is still at the very start of his football journey.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I think it's Madueke and Neto on the right, Sancho and Mudryk on the left. Palmer, Nkunku and the Jorge Mendes vanity project at no.10. Neto could play on the left, but not sure he'll be as effective. Given the contract lengths I don't know who we're going to be able to get rid off in order to fit Estevao or Paez into the squad in either 2025 or 2026.

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I think it's Madueke and Neto on the right, Sancho and Mudryk on the left. Palmer, Nkunku and the Jorge Mendes vanity project at no.10. Neto could play on the left, but not sure he'll be as effective. Given the contract lengths I don't know who we're going to be able to get rid off in order to fit Estevao or Paez into the squad in either 2025 or 2026.

Nkunku and JMVP are filling in the Striker 2 and Striker 3 positions in the squad as well I suspect

Maresca said he plans to change 8-9 players every round of the Europa Conference, which I guess means an A and a B team

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Squad planning at it's very finest...

14 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

I know we've signed a lot of young players with potential, but Estevao seems to be doing this every week. We really might have a genuinely special talent on our hands joining next season. Incredibly exciting.

This was probably the best individual performance in the whole season, by any player, in any competition in Brazil (2 goals and 2 assists by Estêvão):

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Thanks 2