Official: Marc Guiu signs for Chelsea

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

Anyone have any idea how to pronounce "Guiu?"

My guess is "Gweeyou"

Sorry to quote myself but asked and answered; 

It's "Geeyou"

Curious to see what Guiu is all about, looks a pretty strapping lad so hopefully adjusts to the physicality of the league pretty quickly coming from Spanish football. 

Really low risk signing though overall. 6 million in this economy is peanuts.

Welcome Guiu and good luck.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Curious to see what Guiu is all about, looks a pretty strapping lad so hopefully adjusts to the physicality of the league pretty quickly coming from Spanish football. 

Really low risk signing though overall. 6 million in this economy is peanuts.

Welcome Guiu and good luck.

Apparently he's an "old fashioned number 9".  None of this dropping deep tiki-taka style Barca normally play (hence why he says he's always wanted to play in the PL)
Scored with his second touch on his debut.  At 18 years of age, he's not ready yet, but looks like he could have a high ceiling if handled properly. At £6m it's hardly a gamble, either.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

I have a little story to share about this signing. 

On Friday I was at Cobham to do some filming with the club for London Pride (it's all been online now and happy to share, just not sure which thread). While we were setting up, two large cars appeared and Marc Guiu exited one of the cars with his enormous entourage. 

He got out and looked somewhat perplexed as he saw  myself, our chair, and a famous drag queen stood in front of the entrance to the training ground. He must have wondered if he'd ended up at the right place!! However, he was shortly ushered inside I assume to do all the new signing interview stuff, while I frantically googled him to make sure it actually was him we saw.

We also had our float, which is a huge truck with a flat part at the back for everyone to stand in, due to arrive. Unfortunately, they left their car in the way and we spent a good while trying to locate someone form his entourage to move it. Took a bloody age to get someone to do it. Apparently a lot of the staff at Cobham were watching us doing the filming, so I'm not sure how much he saw.

I've sat on this information since Friday but couldn't say anything until it was announced for obvious reasons!

I take full credit and blame for his success or lack thereof at Chelsea.

What length of contract have we offered to the famous drag queen?

8 hours ago, Bones said:

Who are all this kids we are signing?  I can't really follow anymore 😂

Well, it's more about our age, we the mature fans. One the we can't even remember what club we are following 😁

• Like 1