Official: Dewsbury-Hall signs for Chelsea

Chelsea have signed Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall for a reported £30m.

DTW_0504.jpg

Career Overview

Leicester City

• Youth and Early Career: Born on 6 September 1998 in Nottingham, Dewsbury-Hall joined Leicester City's Academy in 2006 at age eight, progressing through the ranks after starting at Shepshed Dynamo Warriors. He signed his first professional contract with Leicester in 2017.

• Loans and Breakthrough: Made his first-team debut for Leicester in an FA Cup win against Brentford on 25 January 2020. He spent the rest of that season on loan at Blackpool, scoring four goals in ten appearances. A subsequent loan to Luton Town for the 2020–21 season saw him earn multiple awards, including Players' Player of the Season.

• First-Team Impact: Returned to Leicester and made his Premier League debut on 28 August 2021. Scored his first goals in both the Europa League and Premier League during the 2021-22 season. Dewsbury-Hall signed a new long-term contract with Leicester in June 2022.

• 2023–24 Season: Was instrumental in Leicester's promotion back to the Premier League, scoring 12 goals and providing 14 assists. He was named Leicester's Players' Player of the Season and men's Player of the Season, and featured in the EFL Championship Team of the Season.

Career Statistics

• Leicester City (Senior Team): 129 appearances, 17 goals.
  • Blackpool (Loan): 10 appearances, 4 goals.
  • Luton Town (Loan): 40 appearances, 3 goals.
  • Total Career: 190 appearances, 26 goals.

Personal Life Dewsbury-Hall, born in England, has Irish and Malaysian heritage through his maternal grandmother and is eligible to play for the Malaysia national team.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-complete-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-signing

• Like 1

He has the same birthday as me!

Not sure what to make of this. Giving a coach a few players of their own to grease the wheels is generally a good idea, but then I have no faith the coach will still be here by next March.

I think for the money, it’s a really good signing. Home grown, still young but with a decent level of experience. From what I’ve seen of him he’s always looked a decent player and has stood out to be one of the better players during his time at Leicester.

I don’t think he’s an exciting high profile name signing, but I think he’s a solid first team player that can play the no. 8 position in Maresca’s setup. 

This gives us 6 good players for a 3 man midfield, plus 1 or maybe 2 of Santos, Ugochukwu and Casadei (unless they all go on loan.

Caicedo
Gallagher
KDH
Lavia
Enzo
Chukwuemeka

Just need to keep them all fit.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Shouldn't we also have a separate thread for @Mark Kelly 's distante family member, our new Omary Kellyman 😁😁😁

Kellyman

There can be only one. 

• Haha 2

Think we've gotten good value for money here overall. Should be able to immediately step in, with little to no settling period or adjustment as would generally be the case with most transfers. 

Provides a bit of everything in that midfield position - speed, creativity, goals, vision, energy, mobility, and defensive work. 

Also provides us with another who can take set pieces - or at least corner kicks. Not sure if he took direct free kicks at Leicester or not.

Welcome Dewsbury-Hall. 

• Agree 1