West Ham United 1 Chelsea 1

JaneB

There is absolutely no point in VAR if the referees cannot even get the basics right.

They spent about 4 minutes looking at an offside that was so blatantly offside, the decision should have taken about 10 seconds.

They spent about 2 seconds looking at a handball decision that was so blindingly obvious and still got it wrong.

They had time to google the rules if they really wanted to.

Yes we should have killed the game earlier but that decision has stopped us winning, I'm sure of that.

Edited by Proud-Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Disappointing in some ways... a draw that could and should have been a win. First 30 minutes, though, showed what's possible going forward. Once these guys get to know each other better, I think we could be seeing something special.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree. Glimpses of what’s ahead. A victory would have been a real positive but bitter as fck about the pen. 

Should have won that, frustrating to come away with only a point, which at this point is no good for us at all.

Yet another shocking refereeing performance, the penalty at the end is just diabolical. When the Jenas and the BT ref are saying it’s a pen for Chelsea, you know it should be a pen.

Cucurella poor, he has a blind pot for quick Ukrainian wingers it would seem. Need to get Chilwell back asap. Feel for Mudryk having to play with Cucurella as the full back.

James still not fully sharp, doesn’t look himself yet.

RLC did what was needed, but we need a proper partner for Enzo so we can see even more of him.

The positives we’re there though, we saw glimpses of what this team can become once they’re all on the same page. 

Just now, Proud-Blue said:

There is absolutely no point in VAR if the referees cannot even get the basics right.

They spent about 4 minutes looking at an offside that was so blatantly offside, the decision should have taken about 10 seconds.

They spent about 2 seconds looking at a decision that was so blindingly obvious and still got it wrong.

They had time to google the rules if they really wanted to.

Yes we should have killed the game earlier but that decision has stopped us winning, I'm sure of that.

Exactly. Plenty of room for critics to start having a go , but this is a team with new players and 3or4  not 100% fit after injury return. A penalty and a goal changes that perspective completely. So frustrating. 

Not good enough at the end of the day. Started brightly but never really created much of anything noteworthy for maybe the last 60 minutes.  

Don't quite get Potter's subs and taking off both Mudryk and Madueke at the same time, it completely removed the dynamism in the wider areas that neither Ziyech or Mount provide. From that moment onwards everything that went wide ended up going backwards. I understand both Mudryk and Madueke not having played much of late but both subs really needed to staggered. 

Robbed of a penalty however, no idea how that isn't called. But we shouldn't be relying on such a decision in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Not good enough at the end of the day. Started brightly but never really created much of anything noteworthy for maybe the last 60 minutes.  

Don't quite get Potter's subs and taking off both Mudryk and Madueke at the same time, it completely removed the dynamism in the wider areas that neither Ziyech or Mount provide. From that moment onwards everything that went wide ended up going backwards. I understand both Mudryk and Madueke not having played much of late but both subs really needed to staggered. 

Robbed of a penalty however, no idea how that isn't called. But we shouldn't be relying on such a decision in the first place. 

What’s not good enough is the standard of referring and var decisions. They decided it wasn’t even worth the ref going to have another look at it.