• Netherlands win in 90 mins
    • Netherlands win AET
    • Netherlands win on penalties
    • England win in 90 mins
    • England win AET
    • England win on penalties

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, jasonb said:

Southgate put them on when the game was stretched so they only had one man marking them. 

Palmer creates the chance and Watkins first touch despatches it, excellent.

If we are honest apart from the goal Palmer by my count gave the ball away twice and blasted wide, of course that won't be remembered and he will be credited with the assist.

Really thought he was going to score the winner when he shot that one wide. It was trademark territory for him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Hmmm----what if this was us in a cup final against Sp**s, we are 0-1 down with 1 minute left to play,  and Jackson tried to shoot like Kane but couldn't complete the shoot properly as he was blocked by Romero in the same way Kane was? Definitely a penalty, right?? 😁

Get your point but that is tribalism,,,,of course I would want a penalty for Chelsea but doesn't take away the harshness of the decision.

• Haha 1

For what it's worth I thought it was 100% a penalty and called it in real time.

It certainly wasn't intentional or malicious but he doesn't get the anywhere near the ball, his foot is fairly high,  studs are showing and he follows through. The way I look at it is if he had done that to any other part of Kanes body, ie not his foot, people would have wanted not only a penalty but also a red card.

Far more importantly to me is that there was a blatant handball from Saka, just before, that seems to have been completely ignored.

Who gives a monkeys, decisions level themselves out over time. 

Happy for Gareth that he’s managed to put an awful lot of pies in the faces of British Journalist and pundits 🤡

4 hours ago, chara said:

Get your point but that is tribalism,,,,of course I would want a penalty for Chelsea but doesn't take away the harshness of the decision.

"Tribalism" - excellent choice of word and absolutely right. To bias or not to bias 😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Who is Tobias and what does he have to do with it? 

Young Polish left footed right winger on the Chelsea radar...tends to have an opinionated leaning towards sidelines.

Once he starts school everyone will be after him.

• Haha 2