Chelsea 2 Wrexham 2

JaneB

Just got back from a 100mile round trip for a hospital appt...meaning I had plenty of time to go over my responses to the game having hurriedly caught up with the morning's "post"...side tracked by @Chelsea_Matt's wonderful CFC  First Team Squad.

Broadly speaking everyone seems to be agreement regarding the game,,really what would have been considered a standard first preseason game before the wooing of the USA market and the conning of many over here regarding "The Wrexham Story," (As stated before I have a soft spot for Wrexham and am pleased the club is doing well)

Sanchez made one very good save in the first half...about the only time Wrexham threatened as Chelsea played pinball football in the oppo penalty ,,both halves.

Main after thought was regarding the difference,,if it had really mattered...all the "missing" players would have made,,a Chelsea side including all or most the late returning  players would probably have at least matched last season's result.

The lunacy of the tour itinerary is plain to anyone living here or is aware of the travel involved.

$$$$ leading the way yet again!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, chara said:

The lunacy of the tour itinerary is plain to anyone living here or is aware of the travel involved.

$$$$ leading the way yet again!

Added FWIW,,,quick not in depth breakdown'''

Santa Clara to Notre Dame..2237 miles,,flight time 4/5 hours.

Notre Dame to Atlanta..678 miles..flight time 2 hours.

Atlanta to Columbus..568 miles..flight time 2 hours.

Columbus to Charlotte..427 miles..flight time 2 hours.

Charlotte to Harrison..620 miles..flight time 2 hours.

Time and distance approximate but close enough...........

• Like 2

Didn't look like any Chelsea team I've ever supported. Without Gallagher, Palmer, Chalobah or Cucurella you're left with a wholly ineffective Chilwell, James being played out of position and Sterling with another bloody silly haircut. I don't understand Sanchez being in goal, is he the #1 now? Are we selling/sold Petrovic?

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Didn't look like any Chelsea team I've ever supported. Without Gallagher, Palmer, Chalobah or Cucurella you're left with a wholly ineffective Chilwell, James being played out of position and Sterling with another bloody silly haircut. I don't understand Sanchez being in goal, is he the #1 now? Are we selling/sold Petrovic?

What's silly about it?