Official: Renato Veiga sign for Chelsea

35 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m not saying it’s a fact. It can’t be a fact, since we are talking about the future here. So there’s that…

What is beyond doubt however, is that so far it has not been a successful strategy. That is a fact.  I’m merely extrapolating that, looking at what they are doing and coming to the conclusion that I’m not seeing anything at all that leads me to believe our fortunes will change. 

I don’t have a problem with you being a tad naive (imo), but to take the high road here is not something that fits you mate. Especially since you are busy ridiculing anyone who is remotely critical of this ownership. 

Things may work out. But not by doing more of what they’ve done so far. The recruitment strategy must change. It simply has to. It’s impossible to buy overrated players at ridiculous prices forever without it impacting the squad quality negatively. You don’t have to be an oracle to figure that out. 

Naively I believe that the worst injury crisis in PL history may well have impacted the effectiveness of the rebuild to this point 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Naively I believe that the worst injury crisis in PL history may well have impacted the effectiveness of the rebuild to this point 

Now now Ham..don't rewrite history..what "Injury Crisis"?...Liverpool had an injury crisis...as did Spurs and 90% of the EPL clubs..the Media didn't give much if, any, credence to a Chelsea injury issue   or much  coverage as opposed to "others" so obviously a PR type excuse from Chelsea...just behave.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ham said:

I’ve got no problem with that. I think you are very wrong though.

Injuries did impact our season yes. But it’s not like we haven’t had injury issues before and if it happens this season it’ll be the third season in a row where we have key players out for lengthy periods.

It’s not unlucky then, it should be expected. And if we can’t see that then I suppose the injuries isn’t our biggest problem. 

• Agree 1