Predictions for 24/25 season

Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

How will Chelsea do in each competition?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Premier League

• Champions!
    • Top 4
    • Top 6
    • 7th to 12th
    • 13th to 17th
    • Relegated
  2. 2. FA Cup

• Winners!
    • Runners up
    • Semi Finalists
    • Quarter Finalists
    • Before the quarter finals
  3. 3. League Cup

• Winners!
    • Runners up
    • Semi Finalists
    • Quarter Finalists
  4. 4. Conference League

• Winners
    • Runners up
    • Semi Finalists
    • Quarter Finalists
    • Won't get through the qualifying rounds

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/24 at 22:00

I think now after that window , top 4 is very difficult. Not impossible but tough. I think City , Arsenal and Dippers take 3 of the places ( unless City get points deducted) . So there are a bunch of teams chasing that 4th spot and we are one of them. 
Realistically now, I’m hoping for Europa League place and a trophy . Conference league being most likely. If we get a top CF  and CB in Jan window, then top 4 maybe back on. 

6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think now after that window , top 4 is very difficult. Not impossible but tough. I think City , Arsenal and Dippers take 3 of the places ( unless City get points deducted) . So there are a bunch of teams chasing that 4th spot and we are one of them. 
Realistically now, I’m hoping for Europa League place and a trophy . Conference league being most likely. If we get a top CF  and CB in Jan window, then top 4 maybe back on. 

It’ll be even harder to get that type of quality in January. Hopefully we will get a ban for a few windows. That would require the club to have to be a little bit more serious about how they conduct themselves - on the market but also otherwise. 

Im a bit late in replying after being on holiday for  a few weeks. But i think the following-

In the league i can see us finishing somewhere between 5th and 10th, gut feeling is just a touch lower than last season as i feel the application of Maresca's ideas will take time. That said i see already a clear plan/ way of playing and we look more solid than a year back despite the loss of Tiago silva who camoflaged some of the issues last season.

In the cups i think quarter finals league cup and the same in facup and semi finals in the conference league. As always i am happy to be proved pessamistic but unless a top organiser at the back is signed or a top clinical striker i think we remain almost men...

Its all how Maresca decides to play this squad. At the moment we dont look up and so I dont see anything new. We have possession around the box but never put the ball in the box to see what may happen.

If he gets them playing more directly in the final third and gets the striker to risk a few runs we may do quite well but we will always have to outscore the oppo as Sanchez and the defence are still too delicate.

4-6 is possible and a good cup  run is possible but not without a bit of inspiration and optimistic movement

• Agree 1