Chelsea 1 Celtic 4

JaneB

37 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

A couple of goals, some slick passing, a clean sheet and no injuries. Is that too much to ask for?

If you was referring to Celtic, job done!

Come on guys...stop looking at the game as a crunch euro or three pointer must league game.... it's about trying to instill a system,integrate players..and hopefully iron out glaring weaknesses....the side has never played together and are up against an established squad.

Sure it's not nice to be two down but can nobody see any plus factors?

This is what preseason games are about>

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

Can see what Maresca is trying to do, trouble is it doesn’t work, at least not yet, early days but a lot of tweaking needed if he’s going to play this system. Back line is too high, James in no man’s land as soon as we lose the ball, thought we started well and pressing was good at times at least. 

• Like 1

Thoughts..do like the Spanish lad..Sanchez looks a lot more solid... a lot of corners for Chelsea from pressure..injured players from last season looking fit and healed so far.

Should have been 2-0 up before they scored.  Their fitness and cohesion is way ahead of us right now.  

We're not getting Palmer, Cucurella or Gallagher in the US.  

Caicedo and Enzo missing.  Jackson and KDH too.  

Team full of strangers playing for a brand new coach with a brand new system and it shows. 

• Agree 1

Reminds me of AVB football. High line and no press. Just there for the taking. Celtic could be 5-0.

I know it's game two of pre-season but I cns only judge what I see and it's been garbage.

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

How have we not scored?

Won't go in day..plus good keeper. Up to eleven now..Mudryk just a passenger first half.

Edited by chara

I'm working so not able to watch. Probably wouldn't anyway as pre season is so irrelevant.

As long as Fofana,  James, Nkunku and Lavia are OK, nothing else matters to me. Not 

Get them 4 fully fit for the start of the season and it's like having 4 new players.