Chelsea 1 Celtic 4

JaneB

17 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Oh and if the Board are looking at our defenders and concluding that Chalobah is the one that needs to be sold, then we really are in trouble. 

He’s the one I really wanted to keep. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

He’s the one I really wanted to keep. 

Love Trev and think he's worth keeping but if he's the best of the "bunch"..and I am not arguing that point... then we are indeed in doo doo.

Sigh..John Dempsey, Eddie Mac. Le Beouf, JT, Gallas, Sir Percy, Ash and others I have no need to add to make the point,,,, ,,,Thanks for the Memories ......

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Have you seen Tosin play? If so…any good? 💀👀😬😬

I don't think any of them have looked particularly good yet. He's looked a handful offensively from corners. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chara said:

Love Trev and think he's worth keeping but if he's the best of the "bunch"..and I am not arguing that point... then we are indeed in doo doo.

Sigh..John Dempsey, Eddie Mac. Le Beouf, JT, Gallas, Sir Percy, Ash and others I have no need to add to make the point,,,, ,,,Thanks for the Memories ......

Well Chara, I think he is head and shoulders above what we have got in that position.  I think he is potentially a top player.  To sell him and to make do with what we have would really put us in the doo doo. If you think of all the top academy products that are not longer here, it makes you wonder what the point of it all was. 

Good to see you here NB.... have to agree in general with you,,,it always seems a long gap between academy products establishing themselves as genuine first choices.

I remember the days when it was less a choice to play academy graduates but a harsh reality.

Aside..maybe old hat but in our local Supermarket they have Kit Kat cereal !...every time I pass them you come to mind!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chara said:

Good to see you here NB.... have to agree in general with you,,,it always seems a long gap between academy products establishing themselves as genuine first choices.

I remember the days when it was less a choice to play academy graduates but a harsh reality.

Aside..maybe old hat but in our local Supermarket they have Kit Kat cereal !...every time I pass them you come to mind!

Nice to be back mate. Like many I take a bit of a closed season sebatical to re generate the batteries. A lot of negativity about already before we have kicked a ball in anger but I have some hope this season and want to give the new coach some leeway before jumping all over him. 
As for Kit Kat for breakfast…WTF!! Could be a clue as to why they are a bunch of fatty diabetics over there. But I’m going to Texas next year so I might have to check it out ( on a professional basis of course! 😉). 

12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Nice to be back mate. Like many I take a bit of a closed season sebatical to re generate the batteries. A lot of negativity about already before we have kicked a ball in anger but I have some hope this season and want to give the new coach some leeway before jumping all over him. 
As for Kit Kat for breakfast…WTF!! Could be a clue as to why they are a bunch of fatty diabetics over there. But I’m going to Texas next year so I might have to check it out ( on a professional basis of course! 😉). 

Of course....serious mission,,,"Just the facts maam" (as someone used to sayJ..somehow your wonderful Kit Kat saga would lose something if cereal thingys were involved 😃

Where in Texas?

Edited by chara

10 minutes ago, chara said:

Of course....serious mission,,,"Just the facts maam" (as someone used to sayJ..somehow your wonderful Kit Kat saga would lose something if cereal thingys were involved 😃

Where in Texas?

Yes, just watering down the magnificent product!!

The plan is to spend maybe a week in Austin ( top music scene there) then visit San Antone for some Wild West historical stuff ( I’m a bit into that) and maybe Houston space centre. I’m hoping the country hasn’t gone up in flames by then! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes, just watering down the magnificent product!!

The plan is to spend maybe a week in Austin ( top music scene there) then visit San Antone for some Wild West historical stuff ( I’m a bit into that) and maybe Houston space centre. I’m hoping the country hasn’t gone up in flames by then! 

Don't worry..it's not as bad as the Euro media portray!

I have always taken an interest in the history of wherever I was living,,on The Island I used to take the guests on a morning pre breakfast history walk.

But from a schoolboy onward the whole Wild West thing fascinated me and from the young kid caught up with the romance stuff I have come to a hard realistic knowledge of the real West as it really was.. The old Buffalo Bill album once featured the "Battle of Beechers Island"  a site I have visited and stayed at overnight and have read in depth what occurred...Cody is buried near here (a Freemason !)and the site is a regular "visitors" destination when we have guests,stayed in Dodge and visited many places familiar to you I am sure ,

Check out the Benson Stage Robbery if you get a chance..I'll follow up on that with a pm if you have the time to look for it!

The last battle with the Southern Cheyenne was out in East Colorado at Summit Springs...visited and had the 'hair on the back of the head bristling" experience..stayed with me for hours.

Again good to see you back,,and do you get "Austin City Limits" over there ?

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Haven’t seen game but it sounds like Sanchez was being Sanchez. We cannot go into the season with him as our number 1. Sooner we get the new keeper in the better. 

Trouble is, he thinks he’s prime Manuel Neuer, but he’s closer to Claudio Bravo. The further trouble is, he’s the owners boy and they are blind to his weaknesses, if he’s dropped for Jorgensen, I’m sure they’ll just move the new keeper on as well. 

Edited by Floyd25

6 hours ago, chara said:

This current crop of centre backs we have genuinely fill me with nothing but dread, Fofana and Colwill arguably have the highest ceilings and could be pretty good in time, but we really need an experienced head in there, these owners aren’t gonna budge from their business model though.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I'm gonna stick my neck on the line. Im gonna predict we finish 3rd this season and are very, very good to watch.

Noted

5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

This current crop of centre backs we have genuinely fill me with nothing but dread, Fofana and Colwill arguably have the highest ceilings and could be pretty good in time, but we really need an experienced head in there, these owners aren’t gonna budge from their business model though.

Good job we signed one this summer then.

17 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Good job we signed one this summer then.

Tosin…sure, I doubt a free signing from Fulham is going to improve the defence too much personally. 

On 29/07/2024 at 00:39, chara said:

Don't worry..it's not as bad as the Euro media portray!

I have always taken an interest in the history of wherever I was living,,on The Island I used to take the guests on a morning pre breakfast history walk.

But from a schoolboy onward the whole Wild West thing fascinated me and from the young kid caught up with the romance stuff I have come to a hard realistic knowledge of the real West as it really was.. The old Buffalo Bill album once featured the "Battle of Beechers Island"  a site I have visited and stayed at overnight and have read in depth what occurred...Cody is buried near here (a Freemason !)and the site is a regular "visitors" destination when we have guests,stayed in Dodge and visited many places familiar to you I am sure ,

Check out the Benson Stage Robbery if you get a chance..I'll follow up on that with a pm if you have the time to look for it!

The last battle with the Southern Cheyenne was out in East Colorado at Summit Springs...visited and had the 'hair on the back of the head bristling" experience..stayed with me for hours.

Again good to see you back,,and do you get "Austin City Limits" over there ?

Great info. Yes I’m not really into the Hollywood picture of the Wild West. The reality is that it was brutal …unbelievably brutal. The white settlers were sent of into the wilderness on a wagon with all their possessions wives ( often pregnant) and their kids and told to find a bit of land and build a homestead. If they knew what was waiting for them out there they would have turned those wagons around. Being captured alive by a tribe like the Comanches was just about the worst thing that could happen to a human.  It was only the invention of the repeat pistol that turned the tide. The Comanche were the best horseback infantry in the world at that point. Their mastery of the horse and bow and arrow was astounding. Single shot rifles were no match. 
I’d like to visit the battle scene where a famous Texas ranger ( name escapes me) went with 15 highly trained men went in search of a band of Comanche who had been raiding and creating havoc.  He found them …a band of 70 plus. The Comanche took the high ground and waited until the rangers had fired of a shot . They then charged thinking the rangers needed 2 mins to reload . What they didn’t know was that the rangers were carrying the new Paterson Colt five shot revolvers. Each man had two pistols and spare barrels.  The Comanche later described it as the gun that never stop firing.  I think the rangers lost just one man and the Comanches were routed. Probably the most significant moment in the Indian wars. 
An interesting fact is that the Comanches later assimilated very well into American society and fought with great valour with fellow Americans in two world wars! 
Sorry for detour from footie! 

34 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Great info. Yes I’m not really into the Hollywood picture of the Wild West. The reality is that it was brutal …unbelievably brutal. The white settlers were sent of into the wilderness on a wagon with all their possessions wives ( often pregnant) and their kids and told to find a bit of land and build a homestead. If they knew what was waiting for them out there they would have turned those wagons around. Being captured alive by a tribe like the Comanches was just about the worst thing that could happen to a human.  It was only the invention of the repeat pistol that turned the tide. The Comanche were the best horseback infantry in the world at that point. Their mastery of the horse and bow and arrow was astounding. Single shot rifles were no match. 
I’d like to visit the battle scene where a famous Texas ranger ( name escapes me) went with 15 highly trained men went in search of a band of Comanche who had been raiding and creating havoc.  He found them …a band of 70 plus. The Comanche took the high ground and waited until the rangers had fired of a shot . They then charged thinking the rangers needed 2 mins to reload . What they didn’t know was that the rangers were carrying the new Paterson Colt five shot revolvers. Each man had two pistols and spare barrels.  The Comanche later described it as the gun that never stop firing.  I think the rangers lost just one man and the Comanches were routed. Probably the most significant moment in the Indian wars. 
An interesting fact is that the Comanches later assimilated very well into American society and fought with great valour with fellow Americans in two world wars! 
Sorry for detour from footie! 

John coffee Hayes was the name of the famous Ranger. Only 5’4 but with balls the size of Texas ( allegedly!!) 

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

John coffee Hayes was the name of the famous Ranger. Only 5’4 but with balls the size of Texas ( allegedly!!) 

PM in your box just now....real Texas Rangers were a really tough bunch not Hollywood pretends!