Borussia Dortmund 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

One thing Martin mentioned was corners. What a difference Felix corner were! Speed , dip, no chance for keeper to pluck casually out of the air. Then Zyech steps up and we are back in the room.

edit: To me Felix is a bit of a cross between Hazard and Zola. He could support a number 9 maybe in a 5 3 2 formation and chip in with important goals. He’s clearly no dead eyed dick but he took his goal beautifully in the previous game. Please can we buy him!,,

Edited by NoblyBobly

11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

One thing Martin mentioned was corners. What a difference Felix corner were! Speed , dip, no chance for keeper to pluck casually out of the air. Then Zyech steps up and we are back in the room.

edit: To me Felix is a bit of a cross between Hazard and Zola. He could support a number 9 maybe in a 5 3 2 formation and chip in with important goals. He’s clearly no dead eyed dick but he took his goal beautifully in the previous game. Please can we buy him!,,

I can't help but think Atletico have played a bit of a blinder here. They get good loan fee and wages covered for a player their manager don't want right now. Rumours are he is off at end of the season, they then give themselves the option of bringing their top player back under a new manager. Or sell him to the biggest spenders in town and recoup as much of their huge outlay on him as possible.

Smart business from their perspective.

Edited by Thiago97

I also think a good move for us, he looks our best player and shows the level our attackers need to aim for.

The only caveat is that like Havertz he is not a clinical finisher or at least not so far.

Hie movement and vision are superb. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

we would have beaten a tough German team in their own intimidating ground? 

I'll tell you what. Could you imagine the experience if our (new) stadium had a wall like that behind one of the goals and we were able to put all our noisiest supporters in it? The German fans were incredible. The Bridge in comparison is like a library.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Why can some not see that Potters problem is that we spent half a billion and bought no one who can put the ball in the back of the net? 

What are you saying. Team GP are yes men and just do what the boss tells them?  

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We did. Why don't they just play Fofana. He has looked ok in his cameos. 

I hope he's going to get some playing time coming up in the Southampton game. It must be something fitness related I would assume. I mean, Havertz isn't showing us anything that we don't already know. It's not like Potter thinks Havertz is suddenly going to click and become a 20 goal striker. Havertz puts his body about. Not saying he should be sold or anything. Maybe keep him around to play some games off the bench next year.

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

How was the trip and the Dortmund experience?

TB was on TV take photos of the Dortmund wall. 

Unfortunately I didn't make it, had a funeral to go to, seriously gutted to miss it especially as I had my ticket and everything paid for.

I had to watch it on my phone, on silent as it was what it was. Funnily enough just watched it again on the telly and the woman commentator amazed me, she must have a liking for Potter, kept mentioning how 'Potters football' takes time to implement. I think he's done it in double quick time. What we are seeing is 'Potters football'. It's just not very good.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Unfortunately I didn't make it, had a funeral to go to, seriously gutted to miss it especially as I had my ticket and everything paid for.

I had to watch it on my phone, on silent as it was what it was. Funnily enough just watched it again on the telly and the woman commentator amazed me, she must have a liking for Potter, kept mentioning how 'Potters football' takes time to implement. I think he's done it in double quick time. What we are seeing is 'Potters football'. It's just not very good.

Still, the good thing was they still had the rabidly anti Chelsea commentator who is the most vociferous supporter of whoever we're playing to even the score up which was one of the contributory factors to me telling BT where to stick their football coverage.

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We did. Why don't they just play Fofana. He has looked ok in his cameos. 

He's not registered for the CL squad.

A club can register a maximum of 25 players before the competition starts. Then after the January window, a club may make a maximum of three changes to that squad, allowing them to register players previously at the club but not in the original squad or players they've brought in during the transfer window. We registered Joao Felix, Mudryk and Enzo Fernandez as our "three new players"  (with Aubameyang being dropped from the original squad, and Jorginho having been sold making up the spaces from our original 24 man squad)

D D Fofana (along with Badiashile, amongst others) missed the cut as we simply couldn't register everyone!

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I always watch now with the sound off but actually tried to watch the half time analysis..or non analysis...with two not very funny ex players trying to make silly jokes and word "fun"...(On the worst pun day on here we are streets ahead!)The Saint and Greavsie they ain't,,and for that matter never were on the pitch!

and...the bold bit!!

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

And a proper DM. 

Probably looking at £250m+

I know you've said before that Enzo is better higher up. But this far he has looked every bit a typical DM, winning the ball deep, controlling the tempo and making forward passes. One attribute he seems to be a bit less well endowed on is pace - so is he really that box to box player?

50 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

I know you've said before that Enzo is better higher up. But this far he has looked every bit a typical DM, winning the ball deep, controlling the tempo and making forward passes. One attribute he seems to be a bit less well endowed on is pace - so is he really that box to box player?

Not sure I've said that, pretty sure it's Celery your thinking of but either way I agree with him 100%.

He may well be able to play as a DM but would be completely wasted in my opinion.

He is a box to box, you've only got to see how much more often he gets forward than Jorginho did, the type of pass he looks for when he gets there and the man absolute loves a shit. 

Not only does he get forward more often than a typical DM should, he busts a gut to do it. Not sure how much of that can be seen on TV, not suggesting that's how you watch games I don't know, but you see it better live , he bursts forward with no care in the world for what he's leaving behind. 

To get the best out of him he must not be shackled and needs a proper DM alongside him that will allow him to roam all over the pitch.

Also I don't think he's particularly slow, he may not be the quickest but Dortmund's goal made him look slower than he is, understandably so that boy was beyond quick, I'm not sure it's ever been mentioned before that moment.