Chelsea 3 Club America 0

JaneB

I'm assuming more or less the same starters and formation as the previous games which will be quite disappointing if true. We need to see a degree of progress. Since the arrival of the present owners the club in general and the team especially has lost its identity and someone needs to step up and develop a new dynasty, fast.

Right..there was a time. not so long ago, when I didn't need to look at a shirt # or name to know who I was looking at but with the shirts on tour with no name only # I need to have the team print out to know who's who...not for every player but am I the only one?

• Agree 1

Chelsea: 1 Robert Sanchez; 24 Reece James (C), 5 Benoit Badiashile, 4 Tosin Adarabioyo, 27 Malo Gusto; 45 Romeo Lavia, 22 Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, 18 Christopher Nkunku; 11 Noni Madueke, 38 Marc Guiu, 7 Raheem Sterling

Chelsea substitutes: 12 Filip Jorgensen, 13 Marcus Bettinelli, 47 Lucas Bergstrom, 50 Eddie Beach, 34 Josh Acheampong, 29 Wesley Fofana, 21 Ben Chilwell, 40 Renato Veiga, 8 Enzo Fernandes, 16 Lesley Ugochukwu, 17 Carney Chukwuemeka, 41 Angelo, 32 Tyrique George, 10 Mykhailo Mudryk, 19 Armando Broja

8 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Everyone has played well bar Madueke.

Sort of agree but a lot of sloppy dispossession early on,,,seems to have tightened up and as always that left side openness is begging to be punished,,,nearly so a couple of times.

2-0 about right ...should have been more but...Mexican side look very "mouthy".

Fantastic first half. So many positives. 

Very brave defensively and Sanchez has been great with his feet.  Great save too.

We look like scoring with every break. Could and should be 5 or 6 up already. 

Two complaints. 

Finishing and some wayward passing in midfield. 

Otherwise I'm very happy with that half. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Fantastic first half. So many positives. 

Very brave defensively and Sanchez has been great with his feet.  Great save too.

We look like scoring with every break. Could and should be 5 or 6 up already. 

Two complaints. 

Finishing and some wayward passing in midfield. 

Otherwise I'm very happy with that half. 

Comforting half full post Ham,,Thank You.

14 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Everyone has played well bar Madueke.

Sort of agree but a lot of sloppy dispossession early on,,,seems to have tightened up and as always that left side openness is begging to be punished,,,nearly so a couple of times.

2-0 about right ...should have been more but...Mexican side look very "mouthy".

Impressed by Lavia's passing. Clearly still rusty after a whole season out injured (bar about half an hour) but he's looked pretty solid as the holding midfielder, allowing D-H and Nkunku to make forward runs.

Dewsbury-Hall has looked very good for someone playing his first minutes of pre-season. Can see why the club couldn't guarantee Gallagher minutes in spite of his efforts last season and him more often than not wearing the captain's armband.

Sanchez made a good save and has been more than OK with his feet and distribution.

• Like 1

Weird half. We looked quite decent in phases. Should be 4 or 5 up if it wasn’t for our erratic finishing. Can’t work out if the opposition are supposed to be any good or not. Wrexham gave us more problems. Lavia has been impressive though. 

Just seen possession stats,,,46 v 54 ?...just shows how misleading stats can be. Possession without domination is like coffee without caffeine looks like the real thing but a weak substitute!!

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Weird half. We looked quite decent in phases. Should be 4 or 5 up if it wasn’t for our erratic finishing. Can’t work out if the opposition are supposed to be any good or not. Wrexham gave us more problems. Lavia has been impressive though. 

Chelsea made Wrexham look good... the opposition are into their regular season but as you say not sure how good they are,,Chelsea look the higher quality side so far..by a clear margin imho.

• Like 1