Chelsea 3 Club America 0

JaneB

Perfect side to play preseason.. good enough to cause problems not quite up to top/middle  EPL standard,,,,Fulham,,as I said..on a good'ish day.

Things begining to shake out,,,sorry about Broja..never gonna make it now,,,move him asap so he can establish himself at a lower level,,harsh but,,,,

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

no goals from open play

The Spanish Lad scored a good goal..timing and execution.

Ironic two penalty goals...so many missed chances and their keeper had a good game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good stuff from Guiu and Nkunku. Just need a proper replacement of Pigeon Boy who deserves to be eternally playing in the U21s and a front line of Guiu, Nkunku, Palmer and a decent LW looks promising.

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Here comes the grim reaper,ironic really considering ones profession😉

You always take things with the humour intended my friend,so, nice to exchange a bit of banter again.

• Like 1

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 3 Club America 0
57 minutes ago, Ham said:

Apart from the very good goal from open play. 

good. At least that levels up goal from open plays vs penalties, need another 1-0 win to go ahead on goals for vs against 

17 minutes ago, ROTG said:

good. At least that levels up goal from open plays vs penalties, need another 1-0 win to go ahead on goals for vs against 

Remember when Man United used to "get all the penalties" it was argued that it was because they spent more time trying to score goals than everyone else and were therefore in the area more often .

This is like that , they were both legitimate penalties that we sadly won't get in the Premier League because " Chelsea" so I'll take them here. 

42 minutes ago, Ham said:

Some lovely football here;

Agree, some good football in there and it will surely improve as move first team players are involved and the players are coached in this system more and more. I do think it's exciting if we can make it work.

Not wanting to be negative, but to just add some balance to my excitement, it's much easier to do it against Club America than it will be to do against any team in the PL (but it is also only game 3).

Ultimately, it's good to see the patterns of play starting to emerge and that the players are clearly not just willing, but able to take on board what is being asked fo them.

From those clips a definite difference in style. I liked what I saw. As always , finishing is still an issue but I’m quite optimistic about next season. 
Looks like Conner has gone which is a real shame. On the plus side he could have gone to Spurs ( even on a free next season). 

35 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I guess he's getting minutes because Jackson isn't fit, but he really shouldn't be involved in the first team and I really hope he gets moved on this summer.

It’s really something when we are hoping Jackson gets fit. He got a few last season but Christ did he miss some sitters. I’m pinning my hopes on Palmer getting 20 and Nkuku coming good. Jackson I fear will always be Jackson, and Broja is a lost cause. 

9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It’s really something when we are hoping Jackson gets fit. He got a few last season but Christ did he miss some sitters. I’m pinning my hopes on Palmer getting 20 and Nkuku coming good. Jackson I fear will always be Jackson, and Broja is a lost cause. 

I think Nkunku will have a good season and decent output, as long as he stays fit. Palmer will do well again, although I'd be shocked if he puts up the same numbers as last season. Jackson, I'm more positive than you I think, I like him and think he will continue to improve and will get a good amount of goals again, but will frustratingly continue to miss chances as well.

Outside of those 3, Guiu will hopefully chip in, but not many goals elsewhere.