Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/24 at 18:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hours on Sunday, 18th August 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

How we line up is anyone’s guess. James is obviously out, so most likely Cucurella will play LB/LCB with Gusto as inverted FB? 

I’ll try to predict the starting XI;

GK: Sanchez

RB: Gusto

LB: Cucurella

RCB: Fofana

LCB: Colwill

DM: Caicedo

CM: Fernandez

CAM: Nkunku

RW: Palmer

S: Jackson

LW: Sterling

Prediction: Chelsea 1 - 3 Man C

19 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

How we line up is anyone’s guess. James is obviously out, so most likely Cucurella will play LB/LCB with Gusto as inverted FB? 

I’ll try to predict the starting XI;

GK: Sanchez

RB: Gusto

LB: Cucurella

RCB: Fofana

LCB: Colwill

DM: Caicedo

CM: Fernandez

CAM: Nkunku

RW: Palmer

S: Jackson

LW: Sterling

Prediction: Chelsea 1 - 3 Man C

I am not sure Palmer and Jackson will start, certainly not both, seeing as they have played so little up to now.

Madueke been one of our better players in pre season, so expect he'll start.  If he is still here by then! 

Also expect Lavia to start, but not sure over whom

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am not sure Palmer and Jackson will start, certainly not both, seeing as they have played so little up to now.

Madueke been one of our better players in pre season, so expect he'll start.  If he is still here by then! 

Also expect Lavia to start, but not sure over whom

Can’t believe we will start such a game with Guiu up front. 

Perhaps Madueke as RW, Palmer as CAM, Nkunku as S and Sterling as LW? Would be a bold move to play Lavia ahead of Caicedo or Fernandez. 

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Perhaps Madueke as RW, Palmer as CAM, Nkunku as S and Sterling as LW? Would be a bold move to play Lavia ahead of Caicedo or Fernandez. 

I think Lavia is ahead of both in terms of fitness and Maresca training and appears to have taken instruction well.  

Wouldn't surprise me.  

• Agree 1

Apologies for the doom and gloom but never been more confident in Chelsea losing tbh.

Our defence is all over the place and whilst we have put some nice moves together in isolation across pre-season, our attack is currently lacking the ‘clinicalness’ you need against City.  Cant imagine Neto, Palmer and Jackson will be ready to start so expecting us to need a few more weeks before the goals start flowing. 

Comfortable City win  0-3 

6 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Guiu has looked bright, you know. Why not go play him? 😁

I like Guiu, but I worry that he is going to pick up a lot of cards, especially against defenders who know how to make a challenge look a lot worse than it is.

1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

I like Guiu, but I worry that he is going to pick up a lot of cards, especially against defenders who know how to make a challenge look a lot worse than it is.

Only a totally illogical opinion but I get the feeling that he will learn to handle those scenarios.Just something about the "cut of his jib"as they say..or someone.. fills me with a degree of optimism,,,but take into account I still believe in "Tinkerbelle" and "True Love" winning in the end!

(Doesn't make me wrong,,,just an OG Romantic!)

30 minutes ago, chara said:

Only a totally illogical opinion but I get the feeling that he will learn to handle those scenarios.Just something about the "cut of his jib"as they say..or someone.. fills me with a degree of optimism,,,but take into account I still believe in "Tinkerbelle" and "True Love" winning in the end!

(Doesn't make me wrong,,,just an OG Romantic!)

Stop calling yourself an OG and in your case true love did win out in the end n'est ce pas?

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Stop calling yourself an OG and in your case true love did win out in the end n'est ce pas?

I always go to "Original Gangsta" which is where "OG" started and it doesn't suit Chara, that's fo' sho'

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

I always go to "Original Gangsta" which is where "OG" started and it doesn't suit Chara, that's fo' sho'

Oh goodness, have I got it wrong?  I thought it was something else!!

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Absolutely Jane...but the OG unfortunately is an unchangeable fact...although not in my head!

👨‍🦯👶😇🤠

1 minute ago, chara said:

Absolutely Jane...but the OG unfortunately is an unchangeable fact...although not in my head!

👨‍🦯👶😇🤠

In your head is all that matters 😉

• Thanks 1

Even more pessimistic than last season I'm afraid.I just watched the replay against Inter.God almighty there was more flair in a wet cigarette butt.I hope I'm wrong,but this guy in charge looks like he could break the record for cluelessness in  record time.