Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/24 at 18:00

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’ll have what you’re smoking. We’re powder puff, pathetic and weak. IMO. 👀🎯🎯 I actually thought we’d win, and give them a fight. Instead it was a second-gear Citeh that cantered home.

City were definitely in 2nd gear. I thought we were ok in periods, but they were in complete control and could have stepped that up when required. 

Predictable outcome, didn’t do too badly in patches, knew we’d have a lot of the ball, didn’t do anything with it, about three shots on target, City strolled around in 2nd gear.

Didn’t do too badly defensively for the most part but Kovacic tried his luck and we have a buffoon in goal, who unfortunately has a fan in the ownership, long season ahead with him playing. 

Nah. We were never in this. We never threatened and they looked like they could score whenever they wanted to. Don’t know what our tactics were. Looked like we were trying to avoid getting beat 4-0. Given we only let in two, I guess it was a success.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not terrible just a bit meh. 

Defensively we were better than I thought we would be, Forfana grew into the game. 

City didn't really look much better than us playing out from the back and they've been doing it for ages which goes to show what a flawed system it is. 

Many of  our players looked off the pace, players we would normally rely on like Palmer Jackson and Caicedo. 

Enzo and wasn't as bad as made out but his teddy bear legs don't help, a player who's shorts are two inches above his boots is never going to have the speed and dexterity required on this league. 

Lavia easily our best player. 

Sanchez isn't good enough, whoever was responsible for his signing should be sacked immediately. 

A game of fine margins where they took their opportunities and we didn't.

Early days no need for Private Jones to make an appearance just yet. 

Teddy bear legs 🧸

It seems we’re all just happy we weren’t destroyed. That’s where we are now. Thanks Todd’n’Eggy. You c****s. 🤬🤬🤬

• Haha 1

There were some positives and we didn't buckle, but the 3-4 major failures in squad building are what will continue to expose us.

We need to sort out a striker and an experienced CB asap, but the keeper situation has been pretty much fudged.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’ll have what you’re smoking. We’re powder puff, pathetic and weak. IMO. 👀🎯🎯 I actually thought we’d win, and give them a fight. Instead it was a second-gear Citeh that cantered home.

New manager. New system and an actual  game plan that will take time to implement .

We were playing against one of the best sides in the history of this league, certainty the most dominant and showed that with some time and patience the system will work.

It's very easy to say City were in 2nd gear, or something similar, but so we're we. They are in their 8th season with the manager. It was our first game.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Any news on Cucurella? Was it a proper injury or did he come off as a precaution… I thought it was cramp at first, but looked worse than that.

If he is out for a period of time, surely Chilwell has to come into the squad?

I thought it was cramp too - if it was serious i dont think he would have walked back on his own...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Any news on Cucurella? Was it a proper injury or did he come off as a precaution… I thought it was cramp at first, but looked worse than that.

If he is out for a period of time, surely Chilwell has to come into the squad?

Looked very much like cramp

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They didn’t dominate us at all. For most of the game the only difference was that there goal was inches onside and hours was inches off.  Jackson doesn’t fire straight at keeper and it’s a goal. That’s not City taking it easy. 
They didn’t create their second goal , we handed it to them on a plate. Terrible ball out of defence and terrible attempt at a save. I even thought we had a couple decent pen shouts. This was not too bad a performance at all, and certainly plenty to work with. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

This is too easy for City. A gentle work out against a midtable team. 

They didn’t have to get out of second gear. I’ve seen plenty of Man City performances where they were ‘at it’ to massive degree’s more than they had to be today.

Lavia looks the real deal, as soon as he was taken off we looked completely uncompetitive. 

The coach desperately tried to find a position for Fernandez, but he was shite as usual. Capped off by getting in the way of Jackson and permitting Kovacic the freedom of the centre of midfield. Thrice the player that Fernandez will ever be. As long as the coach ‘has’ to accommodate him, the longer we’ll wait to see a functional midfield.

And Sanchez was simply himself!!!

Liked Neto’s directness.

Edited by east lower

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

we handed it to them on a plate. Terrible ball out of defence and terrible attempt at a save. 

We have an entire season of that to look forward to if we persist with Sanchez, he doesn’t suddenly get better. 

38 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

The first game in what is going to be an incredibly exciting season. After a performances like that I have no worries going into our next 5 or 6 games before it will get really tough.

Literally everyone said they didn't want to get smashed. We didn't and not only that we played our game and more than held our own. Against one of the best teams on the planet. 

If anyone doesn't see that performance as incredibly encouraging then they are looking for negatives for the sake of it. There was more than enough positives to take from that performance. You can see what the plan is and after playing like that, in our first game, against City,  it's just going to get better and better.

Should have been down my end, not sure there many positive people there.

• Agree 1

Think one game is pretty easy to project our own overall narratives onto, especially a defeat against a brilliant team that relied on two specific moments more so than general pressure. I certainly didn't see anything to make me feel renewed optimism, but didn't think we were terrible. I think we will lose a lot of games 1-0 this season.

Whole Foods is gone from Fulham Broadway but Aldi will be opening up soon, if that means anything.

• Haha 1

Everything that I feared I would see. Every positive built by Poch and the lads being ripped apart by tedious, cowardly,  chicken shit football by numbers. A team which was causing every team problems with it's  carefree  creativity and goal power,  now reduced to that load of absolute tripe with a team sent out with it's main aim of not losing to heavily. A team which was ended the season as hot favs for top four now  looking miles off that level.

That said,  this shambolic disgrace of a once great  club is not the fault of the latest sucker in charge.  Hell be gone in 6 months and no doubt replaced by yet another sucker who'll have yet another different way of playing and doing things. Meanwhile, the cancer at the club will stay abd destroy what is left of CFC..

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

A team which was causing every team problems with it's  carefree  creativity and goal power,  now reduced to that load of absolute tripe with a team sent out with it's main aim of not losing to heavily. A team which was ended the season as hot favs for top four now  looking miles off that level.

Talk about trying to rewrite history, we were absolutely shocking for the vast majority of last season. 

• Agree 2

I think Maresca will make changes if something is not working though he will give it a little time.

I still think  there is going to be movement in players.

Sterling was allegedly involved in a player swap offer  with Chiesa yet his wages demand was too high.

We just don't know what is happening in the background.

If Enzo and Jackson continue to misfire I expect they will be on the bench yet to do that after one  match might be harsh,

29 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Everything that I feared I would see. Every positive built by Poch and the lads being ripped apart by tedious, cowardly,  chicken shit football by numbers. A team which was causing every team problems with it's  carefree  creativity and goal power,  now reduced to that load of absolute tripe with a team sent out with it's main aim of not losing to heavily. A team which was ended the season as hot favs for top four now  looking miles off that level.

That said,  this shambolic disgrace of a once great  club is not the fault of the latest sucker in charge.  Hell be gone in 6 months and no doubt replaced by yet another sucker who'll have yet another different way of playing and doing things. Meanwhile, the cancer at the club will stay abd destroy what is left of CFC..

Yeah the season is over. We've all seen enough. 

#marescaout

Edited by Ham
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

On 17/08/2024 at 19:21, Blue Moon said:

My heart says 1:0, Cole Palmer driving one in from the halfway line to show his old employer what a mistake he made;  but my head says 0:4, Mudryk finally coming right coinciding with Cucurella reverting to the liability he was at the start of last season while the Troll has a field day. 0:2.

Hate getting it right … this way. Won’t say anything about Taylor - might incite a riot, and don’t fancy two years at his majesty’s pleasure. Cucu and cole tried, so did Jackson, but the rest … ? Sanchez was … well … Colwill confirmed my fears …  Enzo scarcely has a Ferrari engine. Wish I’d stayed home and done the weeding.  

• Haha 1

Enjoyed the game and we competed well for 70 minutes. City delivered a masterclass in keeping the ball the last 20 and we chased shadows. 

I have never rated Enzo Fernandes. He seems slow in both thought and movement. Our best player Cole Palmer stuck out on the wing to accommodate him. Make that change and play Neto or Madueke and we might just challenge for top 4.

107 million truly beggars belief.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1