Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/24 at 18:00

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Even more pessimistic than last season I'm afraid.I just watched the replay against Inter.God almighty there was more flair in a wet cigarette butt.I hope I'm wrong,but this guy in charge looks like he could break the record for cluelessness in  record time.

Well, you gave him a chance.  That's the most important thing. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Looks like our mate Anthony Taylor is going to be in charge of this one, excellent. 

Where did you get that info from?  

I don't think the refs have been officially announced yet.

Well, might as well get it out of the way vs a side who have a good chance of winning, rather than against a crap side who we’d have beaten had the reffing not been poor. Just hope we don’t get disproportionate amounts of AT for the rest of the term. 

I can’t believe we’re actually going into the season with Sanchez as our number 1! The guys useless.

I won’t be able to watch this one, thankfully, but I really do fear for us. Man City don’t hold back and if they smell blood they will go for the kill. We are defensively so weak, that I can see City racking up 4/5 goals without reply. Not a great way to start the ‘new era’.

No idea what the CB pairing will be. Is Fofana fit enough to start?

Can Palmer start after such a short pre-season? He kind of has to.

Jackson won’t start so I think Nkunku will play up front rather than throwing Guiu straight in.

Ideally Lavia plays, but Enzo has to start so we may not see him.

Sanchez

Gusto - Badiashile - Colwill - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo - Dewsbury-Hall

Palmer - Nkunku - Sterling

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sanchez

Gusto - Badiashile - Colwill - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo - Dewsbury-Hall

Palmer - Nkunku - Sterling

I think that will be wrong by a factor of 4 or 5 players.

he hasn't used Nkunku as a 9 at all. Sterling was left out bar 10 minutes v Inter. Lavia I would expect to start, and I think Fofana partners Colwill.

Just shows how many players and options there are! Too many. 

• Like 1

@My Blood Is Blue,,,Sam...not sure if you will miss the game through travelling home but although it's on NBC streaming (Peacock) it's also on a Spanish language channel..on my Direct TV service it's channel 25,

You know my thoughts on Sanchez..can't really understand how he jumped back to first choice...maybe just to let the new guy settle?,

Onward.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think that will be wrong by a factor of 4 or 5 players.

he hasn't used Nkunku as a 9 at all. Sterling was left out bar 10 minutes v Inter. Lavia I would expect to start, and I think Fofana partners Colwill.

Just shows how many players and options there are! Too many. 

If Fofana is genuinely fit enough to start the season, then I’ll be shocked/pleased/impressed/worried after the amount of time he’s had out, but I would much prefer (a fit) Fofana to Badiashile.

I’ve barely seen any of pre-season to be honest, where has he played Nkunku? Off the left or as a 10?

1 minute ago, chara said:

@My Blood Is Blue,,,Sam...not sure if you will miss the game through travelling home but although it's on NBC streaming (Peacock) it's also on a Spanish language channel..on my Direct TV service it's channel 25,

You know my thoughts on Sanchez..can't really understand how he jumped back to first choice...maybe just to let the new guy settle?,

Onward.

Thanks for the info, but it will be our last full day here, so I think I’ll skip the pain of watch this defeat and be out and about… if by some miracle we get a result, I’ll watch a re-run in the evening.

I hope you’re right about Sanchez and if it is the case, I hope the new guy settles very very quickly!!

6 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

I do hope this is Westview prices otherwise my three pints at half time to dull Haarlands first half hat trick will be in vain !!!

Screenshot_20240813_142137_WhatsApp.jpg

I know I have been away a long time and have no grasp of how prices relate in the UK but that looks outrageous to me.

I have always been reluctant to pay exorbitant prices for beer/wine but nowadays I don't drink and drive under any circumstances', not because I am any sort of campaigner but a vehicle up here is essential and it's just not worth the risk,

The cheap shot (😄) liqour greedy mark up still P's me off