Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/24 at 18:00

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No space on the bench for Sterling or Chilwell. Enzo captain. Unsurprisingly Chalobah and Gallagher nowhere to be seen.

New era… hmm

New era: captain despite the racist song and most academy players pushed out of the club.

Still, we have a lot of quality players. I hope we see a left winger in future matches so Nkunku can play centrally.

Just now, Holymoly said:

This club has become a little like the 1987 NFL strike season. The stadium is the same, the strips are the same (well not really, but you know what I mean) but I don't really empathise with too many of the players any more.  No James, no Chilwell, no Gallagher, no Chalobah, no Thiago Silva. The owners and their flunkies are what they are, there's a new manager and we don't know what to expect on the pitch. Quite honestly I'm in two minds whether to watch the game or not. The other games in week 1 haven't produced any shocks and if we lose this we will already be 3 pts behind most of the teams we need to keep up with this season. I'm not hopeful, mainly because I don't know the players well enough to believe in their commitment to the cause.

Fingers crossed but I fear for a moral sapping loss.

Today feels like the start of the new era (again), they’ve cleared almost everything that links us to the former owner and they have their star boy as captain. We’ll see how it goes, change is always uncomfortable though.

12 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Injury or another attempt to push a high-earner out of the club?

Only Reece injured according to pre match presser....everyone else "available" for selection.

Seems to be a "statement" by the coach ?

More concerned about Antony Taylor than our team. 
Tbh this is not about the result, it’s about how we set up and play. 
Im interested to see Lavia. Gusto and Cucu  fine for me. CB pairing fingers crossed . Enzo fingers crossed. Front 3 could be good and hope  they show some chemistry. Hoping we get a good look at Neto off the bench. 
Good luck Mr Maresco!!

edit: oh yer and Sanchez please prove me wrong. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, chara said:

Only Reece injured according to pre match presser....everyone else "available" for selection.

Seems to be a "statement" by the coach ?

Unfortunately I doubt it's the coach making these decisions.

From last year's squad, the club is now trying to force out Chalobah, Chilwell, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Sterling and Broja. The scale of this is unprecedented and crazy. I dread to think who is making these decisions and the self-interest involved.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Tbh this is not about the result, it’s about how we set up and play. 

I don't know mate. I'd take a scruffy win over a convincing loss with loads of plucky performances, mainly due to the fact I don't remember too many plucky performances in recent losses. When we lose the players have usually packed up their bags well before full time.

I've decided the only way I am going to survive the season is to download a betting app and bet against us. The last time I did that was when the FSW was managing and I do believe we ended up winning the Europa League?

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I don't know mate. I'd take a scruffy win over a convincing loss with loads of plucky performances, mainly due to the fact I don't remember too many plucky performances in recent losses. When we lose the players have usually packed up their bags well before full time.

I've decided the only way I am going to survive the season is to download a betting app and bet against us. The last time I did that was when the FSW was managing and I do believe we ended up winning the Europa League?

Well I’ve predicted a win and I’m hoping for a win but if we lose I’m hardly going to be sitting here with my head in my hands. New team, new coach against Champions . Nothing too embarrassing obviously. 

On 12/08/2024 at 12:59, Sleeping Dave said:

How we line up is anyone’s guess. James is obviously out, so most likely Cucurella will play LB/LCB with Gusto as inverted FB? 

I’ll try to predict the starting XI;

GK: Sanchez

RB: Gusto

LB: Cucurella

RCB: Fofana

LCB: Colwill

DM: Caicedo

CM: Fernandez

CAM: Nkunku

RW: Palmer

S: Jackson

LW: Sterling

Prediction: Chelsea 1 - 3 Man C

Lavia in for Sterling who misses out due to personal reasons? No doubt he’s being sold no? Also, no Chilwell on the bench but Veiga is. Gather he’s off as well if we can find buyers. 

So Nkunku starting from the left with Jackson up front and Enzo as number 10. I guess that’s the only way to get him in that starting XI. Fofana also starting ahead of Adarabioyo with Disasi not fit yet? I wonder how long it will take him to play himself out of the starting XI. 

Chukwuemeka also misses out from being in the squad. 

Does this spell bad news for Chilwell, Sterling and Chukwuemeka? This really highlights how badly we need a striker. It’s a barely fit Jackson and Guiu on the bench… For a full season? Surely not? 

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Bit much isn't it, making a statement like that because your not in the squad?GVRXUUfWUAAU9ri.thumb.jpeg.b3912376f080ffd9d62d08f22f933dc7.jpeg

You can question the decision to leave him out (I wouldn’t to be fair). But to release a statement so soon after the fact? Drama queen. It’s not only the younger players who feel entitled. That holds true for experienced ones as well. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Chukwuemeka also misses out from being in the squad. 

Does this spell bad news for Chilwell, Sterling and Chukwuemeka? This really highlights how badly we need a striker. It’s a barely fit Jackson and Guiu on the bench… For a full season? Surely not? 

Disappointed Chukwuemeka is not getting a look in. Quite liked him in the few matches he played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You can question the decision to leave him out (I wouldn’t to be fair). But to release a statement so soon after the fact? Drama queen. It’s not only the younger players who feel entitled. That holds true for experienced ones as well. 

Agreed mate, it's very poor from Sterling and his 'camp'.

• Agree 1

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

That’s a ‘try and move me on if you dare’ statement. He intends to sit tight and keep taking the money.

• Agree 2