Thiago Silva

JaneB

Will be sad to see Thiago Silva depart. Originally advocated for us to sign him when he was known he would be leaving PSG, and despite his age, his quality shone out in the end. To think he's gone on to spend four years here is remarkable, more so when you consider the performances and just how much football he's played as an important cog. 

I don't know if this is correct or not but I read that he's played more for us than he did during his prime years at AC Milan, which is ridiculous when you think about it. 

All the best with whatever your playing future holds Thiago, look forward to seeing you back at the club in the not so distant future. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

One of those players who you have to see live to really appreciate just how good he is. Really is world class and i would say great as opposed to just very good like many of the current crop in the premier league. Prior to his previous injury there were those who said he was slowing us down passing out from the back, as the last few games prove the problem lay elsewhere. So glad he came to Chelsea

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

One of those players who you have to see live to really appreciate just how good he is. Really is world class and i would say great as opposed to just very good like many of the current crop in the premier league. Prior to his previous injury there were those who said he was slowing us down passing out from the back, as the last few games prove the problem lay elsewhere. So glad he came to Chelsea

It looks very much like an Enzo issue to me , sadly 

• Like 1

The groin operation was for an inguinal hernia. The medical staff tried to treat it without surgery. It would have been very painful, and, no doubt, the pain would slow him down. Hopefully, the surgery will fix the problem. I'd post the pictures of what this looks like, but given the location, it's a bit rude.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Magnificent servant, we managed to get three and a half good years out of him, after signing him at the age of 36.  However, watching him going forward at set pieces is the equivalent of a laxative, I fear he may have to catch a bus to get back into position!  Thanks Thiago for all the memories, and good luck with your next adventure, whatever it is.

• Agree 1

Two central defenders that i have watched for us that read the game that no other can is JT and Silva.

You can't teach that,it is a quality as rare as hens teeth.

I think Silva should have been given the captaintsy role even though I like Gallagher.

Silva is a player that can still play at the highest level at nearly 40!

We need to have more intelligent ex players  involved in the club rather than faceless people that know nothing of what it's like to play the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Two central defenders that i have watched for us that read the game that no other can is JT and Silva.

Not forgetting the wonderful Ricardo Carvalho, who I rate among the very best!

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

You can't teach that,it is a quality as rare as hens teeth.

Yes it is.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

We need to have more intelligent ex players  involved in the club rather than faceless people that know nothing of what it's like to play the game.

It would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I remember his wife posting a while back that things have to change at Chelsea. Everybody assumed it was Pochettino she was referring to, but those comments from Thiago suggest it was much more to do the attitude and (lack of) application by the players.

19 hours ago, kev61 said:

One of the few defenders with a sixth sense that I was privileged to see play in a blue shirt.

The consummate professional imo.

There are very, very few players who could come into the premier league at 35 and do as well as he did. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...