Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Bournemouth win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/24 at 18:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Saturday, 14th September 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

We absolutely should have enough to beat them and anything other than a win would cause a bit of concern after the Palace result, but matches after an international break are never straightforward.

Hopefully, both James and Lavia are back for this, it would be a massive lift and fingers crossed for no new injuries after the international matches.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Saturday, 14th August 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

August?🤔

• Haha 1

On the positive side, we have a pretty good statistics playing at their ground.

In the summer of 1977 I went to the coastal city on a 2 weeks language school type of holiday. And while I was there I visited their football ground, then called Dean Court. But to my disappointment the turf was overgrown, worse than my own backyard 😁 (They were playing in Div 4 at that period but I don't think this was a good excuse to have the turf overgrown).

As far as I remember Bournemouth was a nice city, and Poole also nice.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

On the positive side, we have a pretty good statistics playing at their ground.

In the summer of 1977 I went to the coastal city on a 2 weeks language school type of holiday. And while I was there I visited their football ground, then called Dean Court. But to my disappointment the turf was overgrown, worse than my own backyard 😁 (They were playing in Div 4 at that period but I don't think this was a good excuse to have the turf overgrown).

As far as I remember Bournemouth was a nice city, and Poole also nice.

Lovely place to retire to!

I remember a 4-0 whipping, not too many years ago - midweek game as we nearly didn’t make it down there and walked in just as it kicked-off. Should have known the signs and just turned around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not as nice as it was when I lived 12 miles to the north as a lad. In fact, it’s getting a bit rough these days. South coast from there to Lymington has more funeral parlours than anywhere else I’ve been. You can keep it. Glad I left.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Not as nice as it was when I lived 12 miles to the north as a lad. In fact, it’s getting a bit rough these days. South coast from there to Lymington has more funeral parlours than anywhere else I’ve been. You can keep it. Glad I left.

"When I were a lad "..have this vague recall of reading somewhere that Bournemouth had the best looking girls in the country...where and why I read it is too far back to remember .

Perhaps that's where The Cherries nick name originated?

...my only other two visits ...a stop off en route by coach to somewhere further west and a trip down from Hampshire to catch a Tom Paxton concert sometime in the 80's.

Added..funny how the mind works!,,a memory of the stop off ..a boat on the beach named "Angela"...must have been '65 !..Lord I feel OG writing that!

I’ll support that - there were some right good lookers in Bournemouth. Not so many Cherries though - they got lost quickly … my birthday today, further confirming me as an OG , so I claim the right to reminisce. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I’ll support that - there were some right good lookers in Bournemouth. Not so many Cherries though - they got lost quickly … my birthday today, further confirming me as an OG , so I claim the right to reminisce. 

Welcome aboard Brother 👴and Happy Birthday...🎂🎸

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Happy Birthday Phil 🎈🎉🎁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Many happy returns bro 😎 🎈🍾

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We absolutely should have enough to beat them and anything other than a win would cause a bit of concern after the Palace result

We don’t have a right back, which means 90 minutes of Disasi being targeted.

At this point in time, given our injury issues I’d go with;

Sanchez

Caicedo Fofana Colwill Cucurella

Lavia

Madueke KDH Palmer Nkunku

Jackson

Cucu to tuck in at LCB and Caicedo to play the inverted RB/DM role. I would probably do this even if James is available. Fofana over Disasi only for the partnership. I prefer Disasi every day of the week but it would be too much to draft in both Caicedo and Disasi.