Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Bournemouth win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/24 at 18:00

3 minutes ago, RDCW said:

For me, Chara, the issues with Madueke and Jackson are polar opposite : Madueke appears to be fundamentally a selfish player who doesn't have the instinct to make the right choices for the team, whereas Jackson is a willing runner and a real tryer who lacks the coolness of a top striker. I hope both of them will develop the skills they currently lack, remembering that they are both pretty young!

Can we merge them into one super winger? Medical science and all that.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Madueke was absolutely awful against Bournemouth offered nothing and every ball he played was backwards. He's gonna get dropped and it'll be his own fault. 

I think we will see players dropped if they don't perform and that is a new positive this year. If you play well you'll stay in, but if not there's another guy to come in. As long as that's made clear to them they can have no complaints and we will be releasing a competitive dynamic. I'm all for it. It didn't take Maresca long to tumble Mudryk down the order, but if he somehow shows an improvement there would potentially be an opportunity in the future. I don't think he can ask for more than that.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Max, if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you 🤣

So trolling and personal attacks are now allowed on CFCnet but critical comments focussing on football topics are not? I love all of you guys but the double standards are just too much.

And yet I would absolutely reserve the right for @RDCW to fill up this thread as he is doing with positive comments focussing on football. Because that's what I thought the forum was - a place to discuss football in as much detail as we like and share our opinions even if they are strong.

But if I am criticised for my contributions to the forum, when I am trying to improve, and blatant trolling and shit posting is just allowed, then I choose to spend my time and energy elsewhere.

Let me just say to the vast majority of you who I have engaged in intense debates with, I have really enjoyed and valued our discussions. I feel despite the strength our disagreements, we have for the most part engaged in good faith and tried to avoid making it personal.

Certainly I wish good health and best wishes to all of you no matter how much we have disagreed.

Peace out and up the Chels X

@Max Fowler...Max..with due respect, I often read somewhat "vigorous "exchanges between members and can see from the outside that what could be taken for personal attacks are really only strongly expressed differences of opinion maybe taken too far or too seriously.

I am as guilty as anyone and would hate to lose a voice here because of a badly chosen word on my part. I'm sure everyone else feels the same.

Every member here has his or her individual way of writing expressing themselves.

It is worth taking that into account and balancing view points rather than the way they are expressed.

Personally I appreciate every post on here regardless of my agreement or disagreement and would not want to be on any discussion format that was in lockstep over every issue,

I would suggest that we all try to have a mind set that ultimately focuses on an agreement to disagree and not seek a pointless victory in any heated discussion,,not aimed at anyone but surely the only way to keep things stress free and enjoyable?.

.WE ARE ALL TRUE BLUE !

Added,,Matt said it all Max..we are all with you,,Blue Blue Blue!

Edited by chara
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RDCW said:

For me, Chara, the issues with Madueke and Jackson are polar opposite : Madueke appears to be fundamentally a selfish player who doesn't have the instinct to make the right choices for the team, whereas Jackson is a willing runner and a real tryer who lacks the coolness of a top striker. I hope both of them will develop the skills they currently lack, remembering that they are both pretty young!

Absolutely Mr Williams ,great summing up and spot on.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

So trolling and personal attacks are now allowed on CFCnet but critical comments focussing on football topics are not? I love all of you guys but the double standards are just too much.

And yet I would absolutely reserve the right for @RDCW to fill up this thread as he is doing with positive comments focussing on football. Because that's what I thought the forum was - a place to discuss football in as much detail as we like and share our opinions even if they are strong.

But if I am criticised for my contributions to the forum, when I am trying to improve, and blatant trolling and shit posting is just allowed, then I choose to spend my time and energy elsewhere.

Let me just say to the vast majority of you who I have engaged in intense debates with, I have really enjoyed and valued our discussions. I feel despite the strength our disagreements, we have for the most part engaged in good faith and tried to avoid making it personal.

Certainly I wish good health and best wishes to all of you no matter how much we have disagreed.

Max! I think @RDCW was only joking. Then written word doesn’t have tone, don’t forget that. Your effervescent contributions here imo are a massive plus and it would be a terrible shame if you stopped posting. Come on broski 💯🫶🏻😁

• Like 2

@Max Fowler I personally don’t think the post(s) you are referring to are personal attacks, I also think you need to give myself and @JaneBa bit more time to respond rather than adding a second post suggesting we would condone trolling or personal attacks. We don’t have the time to be on here constantly or even daily a lot of the time, so we’re really just trusting the grown ups and can police themselves, which is most often the case.

If you’ve taken offence to the posts from @RDCW or feel you are being treated unfairly on here by anyone, especially is as Mods, then of course reach out and we’ll discuss it and do what we can to help, as many other have done in the past and I’m sure will continue to do so in the future.

• Agree 1

Just watching Livramento playing well for Newcastle. Would have thought him and Tomori and even Guehi are leaps and bounds better than Disaster, Badiashile and Fofana atm. Even Colwill look dodgy for us and England. We have traded down so many times. Alfie Gilcrist again is so much better at RB than Disaster. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Max, don't take yourself so seriously! 

Just remember, your opinions are not as important to other people as they are to you (that is the human condition), that my opinions are paramount and brevity is the sole of wit 😉

29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

@Max Fowler I personally don’t think the post(s) you are referring to are personal attacks, I also think you need to give myself and @JaneBa bit more time to respond rather than adding a second post suggesting we would condone trolling or personal attacks. We don’t have the time to be on here constantly or even daily a lot of the time, so we’re really just trusting the grown ups and can police themselves, which is most often the case.

If you’ve taken offence to the posts from @RDCW or feel you are being treated unfairly on here by anyone, especially is as Mods, then of course reach out and we’ll discuss it and do what we can to help, as many other have done in the past and I’m sure will continue to do so in the future.

If you don't think the following is a personal attack Sam, then honestly I have no clue what is:

"Perhaps you are beginning to understand the difference between fact and opinion. The next step on your journey is in using the two correctly in formulating your monologues and in avoiding repetition and the introduction of straw men. I am an optimist; you can do it!"

Which I am supposed to take as a joke from @RDCW who the other day told me, when we were having a serious discussion about conduct on the forum, that I am "too bombastic, too aggressive, logically flawed and way too many posts on the same subject".

(Honest feedback that I take on board, but I will not take being patronised as in the italics).

And yes, I do think I would be treated completely differently if I had made the above comments in italics. But that's the last I'll say on the subject - I apologise for clogging up the thread.

Peace and best wishes to you Sam. X

17 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Max, don't take yourself so seriously! 

Just remember, your opinions are not as important to other people as they are to you (that is the human condition), that my opinions are paramount and brevity is the sole of wit 😉

The problem is your opinions of other posters who are not in your gang, are not witty and are usually derogatory snide  remarks.

That said I don’t agree with @Max Fowler openly whinging to the mods, he would be better hitting the report button. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

I think we will see players dropped if they don't perform and that is a new positive this year. 

I’ve watched one play three poor games on the trot and he made him El Capitano. 

Assuming the ‘illness’ reported yesterday is genuine.

So, when he actually drops him I’ll begin to believe that the coach is being consistent. Unfortunately, there’s other agendas at play, in my opinion.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chara said:

@east lower...not the first time I think he has missed games through "illness",,,a long time  vehicle for keeping a player out of a game.

Beats the injury excuse as an unspecified illness has no time limit one way or another.

Can’t remember myself, it’s why I mentioned the ‘is genuine’ bit. 

The player in question might not have travelled back to England as quickly as he travels in England, perhaps.

• Haha 1

Probably not the right place but relevant to our game yesterday,,That Howe at Newcastle is certainly an innovative coach,,seems to have introduced a new football strategy that calls for players to hit shots ON Target from OUTSIDE the penalty area.

Phew,,whatever next in the game ?,,(can't keep up) competent officiating? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Probably not the right place but relevant to our game yesterday,,That Howe at Newcastle is certainly an innovative coach,,seems to have introduced a new football strategy that calls for players to hit shots ON Target from OUTSIDE the penalty area.

Phew,,whatever next in the game ?,,(can't keep up) competent officiating? 

Nah, it’ll never catch on. Besides without our fines for bookings who’s going to pay for the PGMOL’s Christmas piss up?

I watched the highlights on MoTD last night for the first time in ages. Won’t be making that mistake again. Linekar, Shearer and that other Scouse apologist have got to be the worst bunch of presenters ever. We won and what a great bit of skill and strength Nkunku showed to bury his chance.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

OK..been a bit too post happy today but to finish off...

Just finished explaining to Mrs C why I consider this weekend's results to be on balance good.

She might actually have been listening at an early stage but I just might have lost her at "In my opinion...."

Plus...Citeh win makes puts pressure on the Arse...Chelsea take three points away from home in a terrible game (+ think how we would feel had Chelsea lost such an abysmal game) Wolves Everton and Soton in trouble,not the sides so much as three clubs giving Chelsea some breathing space heading for the magical relegation worry free points total (OG never change!)

Minus ..Manure win but at least it feels like a slap back at BHA for their conning of us.Arse winning but balanced by Spuds losing.

A (self appointed) Afficionados take on the weekend 🤠👁️🤣

Onward.

Edited by chara
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, east lower said:

I’ve watched one play three poor games on the trot and he made him El Capitano. 

Assuming the ‘illness’ reported yesterday is genuine.

So, when he actually drops him I’ll begin to believe that the coach is being consistent. Unfortunately, there’s other agendas at play, in my opinion.

Fair enough.