Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Bournemouth win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/24 at 18:00

3 hours ago, Blue Orca said:

Just watching Livramento playing well for Newcastle. Would have thought him and Tomori and even Guehi are leaps and bounds better than Disaster, Badiashile and Fofana atm. Even Colwill look dodgy for us and England. We have traded down so many times. Alfie Gilcrist again is so much better at RB than Disaster. 

Livramento simply wasn't prepared to be second choice and at the time probably thought he'd never dislodge James from being number one, so decided to move on. With James horrendous injury problems,  Liv would probably be first choice now had he stayed, 

Not sure about Tomori or Gilchrist though. Tomori hasnt kicked on since his days with us and I honestly didn't see anything in Gilchrist to suggest he's a future Chelsea starter. Badiashile and Fofana look nowhere good enough.

Good to see CHO doing ok for Forest. I thought his days as a premier league player were over after his terrible loan spell in Germany. Difficult to turn things around when a players career has been on the slide for as long as his was, so it's showed  good mental strength to keep teying and believing in himself to get back to a good level🙂

1 hour ago, chara said:

@RDCW...Ok..take into account I may be stumbling through an ageing process 🙃but Culvera Magnificent 7,,, seemed somewhere near the outrageous profiling by that troublesome reprobate Ham.

🤠

Wait.  What did I do?

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Wait.  What did I do?

Aha,,you spotted my deliberate mistake!,,it was @chrisb who made the comment that RDCW claimed to be  profiling,,BUT..as ever the movie quote,,"High Wind In Jamaica"..Coburn's character to his gang ( specifically Hugh Griffiths ?)after being found guilty and sentenced to the gallows for something they had not done. Something about other things they were indeed guilty of....  I'm a changed character and am watching out for punsters and those who try to bring humour into the Forum,,you and the other reprobates have been warned 🎥,,🪓👁️

I may change my posting name to The Vigilante,,or Inspector Grimm.

Edited by chara
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Siidi said:

I try and stay objective about Enzo and I know there are strong opinions about him either side. But I think he would have struggled with the intensity of Bournemouth press in the first half.  He is a talented passer, but his slow speed of turn means Bournemouth would have targeted him.  

I thought Veiga did okay in the middle of the park, but the player who would have relished that battle is Lavia. 

I also thought Caicedo did well. But if we are to move up the next level, we need more from him. Breaking up play is fine. But he could get across the park quicker,  like Kante, to be that extra person in every midfield battle. And he must lead the transition, driving the ball aggressively forward when the opposition is most vulnerable. Too often we allowed Bournemouth the time to regroup, and Caicedo was responsible for some of that. 

Don't think that's necessarily unreasonable. That being said, Enzo is also pretty composed under pressure and he's one of the only real players we have that regularly plays with their head up. He may have struggled a little more with the transitional aspects of play, but he'd have also probably have allowed us to move the ball through the middle a lot more effectively into our forward line  - which was woeful in that first half. 

Veiga grew into the game as it went on, but nothing really stood out to me either with respects to adding anything to the midfield balance. Lavia would've been ideal in this one, and in most games I'd say, just need to get him fit and regularly out on the park.

Re Caicedo, he was reasonable I thought. Did some good things as you'd expect, also lacked in some aspects also. We're probably not maximising him entirely, as he is capable of having an impact in the final third, but with the way he's generally been used since arriving he's seen more as a DM - rightly or wrongly. 

Have said for a while now that whilst Palmer appears to be 'the perfect 10' he seems to be much more comfortable playing from the right and far more effective.

It's a debate that can be had, either way but the real debate, and it isn't much of one, is are we better with Madueke RW and Palmer as the 10 or Palmer RW and Nkunku as the 10.......

Of all the ridiculous things we have seen, on the pitch the last couple of seasons Nkunku not being in this team is right up there. It's criminal.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Also, i've never been his biggest fan - but Sanchez deserves a lot of credit for his performance on Saturday.  Looks like he was fantastic and Shearer mentioned it despite the time constraints preventing an analysis on MOTD.  

Hopefully he can bring that level with a lot more frequency going forwards. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Lots of backchat and questioning of the ref in the early stages of the Spuds-Arse game. No cards issued. Strange how we're refereed differently.

One would hope that the SDs and Data Analysis team have been keeping notes of Mr Taylor's Refereeing of our games that is ready to hand over at the appropriate moment. 

He needs to be relieved of his duties.  He's had enough chances and is by far the worst of a bad lot as far as it goes for us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Also, i've never been his biggest fan - but Sanchez deserves a lot of credit for his performance on Saturday.  Looks like he was fantastic and Shearer mentioned it despite the time constraints preventing an analysis on MOTD.  

Hopefully he can bring that level with a lot more frequency going forwards. 

He was very good, made some important saves and commanded his area well, especially at the end gathering the ball from a late corner. If he can maintain this level then that will help us a lot!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He was very good, made some important saves and commanded his area well, especially at the end gathering the ball from a late corner. If he can maintain this level then that will help us a lot!

maybe the call up to the Spanish national side boosted his confidence - hope it continues

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

19 pages city.  18 pages Palace. 

15 pages here. 

I have no idea why it's the case, but I've noticed the Chelsea forums have a relatively very small number of members compared to forums of the other top clubs.  Even the biggest Chelsea forum is small in numbers.

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He's always been a good shot stopper!  For me, his big weakness has been his slow  footwork letting him down at times leading to him not getting to shots he should get a hand to. 

3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I have no idea why it's the case, but I've noticed the Chelsea forums have a relatively very small number of members compared to forums of the other top clubs.  Even the biggest Chelsea forum is small in numbers.

It's because all of our fans have their time taken up waiting in the VWR 😄