Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Bournemouth win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/24 at 18:00

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Doesn't explain why there was so much more discussion on the Palace draw (which we should 100% have won based on chances missed).

"A win is a win". Should be a cause for more discussion than a draw amongst die- hard Chelsea fans surely, unless Chelsea winning isn't the most pressing concern for some on here who choose to, for example, concentrate on Gallagher scoring for AM than Chelsea winning. 

I worry for the membership numbers on here if we have a successful season. 

Personally I believe it’s more a case of lower expectations and how the club has yo-yo’d over the past couple seasons, therefore nothing is a surprise anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

A bit early for the end of season review if you ask me. 

Bit early to whinge about how the opposition are playing against him. 

he can always go down the grelish route of going to ground ever time he is touched. That’s said if he does that we might see the impact of TBSD set piece coach 😀

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Personally I believe it’s more a case of lower expectations and how the club has yo-yo’d over the past couple seasons, therefore nothing is a surprise anymore. 

My issue with you and others on here is that you seem to derive no joy whatsoever from a goal being scored or a win. Quite the opposite in fact. 

What's that all about?

• Agree 1

I watched the whole game again and thought we were better than suggested by the Sky commentary and some comments here. I thought the team struggled with the early press, especially Veiga, but I thought the set pieces were better than Palace's, both in attack and defence. It was a tetchy game, but I thought that was part of their tactics, and Taylor got sucked right to the point that it was becoming difficult not to award a card on every foul. Despite the card count, it was unlike the 2016 Chelsea v Spurs game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm more relieved than happy about the win, but at this stage  its very important for the manager to see the team not to get the season off to a bad start in terms of results and so far its been a decent start. 

That said, the overall standard of performances from most of the players so far has been less than impressive. I wouldn't rate anyone more than a 6/10 so far and that's a bit worrying.

I guess I'm suffering a bit of a hangover from losing Gallagher and Poch and seeing our top four chances blown away by their departures. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

My issue with you and others on here is that you seem to derive no joy whatsoever from a goal being scored or a win. Quite the opposite in fact. 

What's that all about?

Hey 

if we all agree we are no longer a top four team, then we can be accept the snatch and grab result. However you along other continual remind us that this team is underperforming although all the actual data says the opposite. 

I keep telling you I would be overjoyed to eat humble pie, which seems to be something you and others are not prepared to do. 

poch set a bar. Let’s revisit after 38 games or when the magical number is exceeded. 

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Hey 

if we all agree we are no longer a top four team, then we can be accept the snatch and grab result. However you along other continual remind us that this team is underperforming although all the actual data says the opposite. 

I keep telling you I would be overjoyed to eat humble pie, which seems to be something you and others are not prepared to do. 

poch set a bar. Let’s revisit after 38 games or when the magical number is exceeded. 

No, you seem to take great joy in being the harbinger of doom. You constantly tell of great failings due to the “TBSD” plan. You’re never happy when we win and you revel in your “I told you so” when we lose. I’m struggling to see why you bother supporting us.

• Like 3

And I’ll add to that. I don’t actually think you do support us, I’ve held back for a while now but with your post count and the utter shite you come out with I actually now don’t even think you are a Chelsea fan. There, I said it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I'm more relieved than happy about the win, but at this stage  its very important for the manager to see the team not to get the season off to a bad start in terms of results and so far its been a decent start. 

That said, the overall standard of performances from most of the players so far has been less than impressive. I wouldn't rate anyone more than a 6/10 so far and that's a bit worrying.

I guess I'm suffering a bit of a hangover from losing Gallagher and Poch and seeing our top four chances blown away by their departures. 

Our performances will have been hampered by several factors.

We've got several new and returning faces in our starting eleven, so it's going to take a bit of time for everyone to click with each other. Much like last season we've also yet to really field our "best eleven" on a regular basis, with several players having already missed games through injury or illness. From a selection perspective it has been a disruptive start for one reason or another. 

You then throw in a new manager with new ideas on top, we're probably going to be a bit hit and miss performance wise until we've had a greater settling period. 

When things do click though I see us being capable of playing some really nice effective football, we'll just need to ride some of the bumps out. 

Poch or Gallagher departing has no real grand influence on what we've seen thus far.

• Like 2

Anyone with an iota of a footballing brain can see that Maresca is no nonsense, will drop whoever is necessary and has a set plan. Anything that deviates from that plan or play style is unacceptable.

For those qualities alone he is a step up from every manager we've had since Tuchel. And the attacking football looks pretty decent so far. Just need someone who can stick the chances in the net, or Nkunku to get over his fetish of wanting to be Maradona and accept he's a good striker and that's where he'll play.

9 hours ago, chrisb said:

No, you seem to take great joy in being the harbinger of doom. You constantly tell of great failings due to the “TBSD” plan. You’re never happy when we win and you revel in your “I told you so” when we lose. I’m struggling to see why you bother supporting us.

9 hours ago, chrisb said:

And I’ll add to that. I don’t actually think you do support us, I’ve held back for a while now but with your post count and the utter shite you come out with I actually now don’t even think you are a Chelsea fan. There, I said it.

If you don't like what I post you can do a xceleryx and hit the ignore button

As for the not being a Chelsea supporter jibe, then explain why like others on here do i donate to keep this forum running?

I think it has more to do with the complaints the PL received from players and coaches on both sides. He booked 14 people on the pitch and two on the bench on both sides. Adam Smith, the Bournemouth captain, said, "I can't deal with it any more. Every foul was a yellow. It's mental. He booked me for just going up to talk to him about the penalty and the sending-off decision. I'm the captain, and I'm allowed to do that, but he said I had come from a far distance, and that's why he booked me. But I don't understand." Iraola refused to talk about it.

Enzo said: "I complained about a foul on Wesley Fofana, which for me was quite clear, but it can happen. Eight yellow cards, probably because these sort of games are about duels and fight and this can happen. It is not a problem for me with this amount of yellow cards. It is what it is. Sometimes, the game demands the way you have to behave."

Maybe he meant, "Sometimes the referee demands the way you have to behave." In some ways, this reminds me of how the choice of police uniform can affect the outcome of a protest.

Both clubs were fined £25000. I suppose it will pay for the EPL Christmas party.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 2

@Sciatika....usual calm summing up,

The all round anger from both clubs,,players, management and fans screams out just how bad the officiating was over the weekend,,goes beyond any entrenched "one sided" fan base paranoia,

Every time I see a yellow card produced I am acutely aware that is the first step towards a dismissal,,, cards for violent or cynical move breaking fouls are there to control things and give a real warning,,, first step to dismissal cards for,in the official's eye, too much lip are totally out of proportion.

It is a game with adrenaline and emotions running high and the corny "sticks and stones" etc phrase comes to mind,

Call me a name and I can laugh at you...break my leg and it becomes a tad harder!

I have not read any real reporting about the Taylor issue this weekend but I get the impression from here that the PMGlot are blaming the victims (including the fans) for the Perps misdeeds?

It was indeed a terrible game of football for spectators and it didn't need such an incompetent job by Taylor to make it worse.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On one level you could say Bournemouth treated us like a small team. But the fear factor of a big team is earned on the pitch not by your name. If a small guy  starts throwing punches aat a bigger fellow guy and immediately get punched in the mouth, he pulls back, but other small guys also avoid his experience.

@Siidi....Understand your post and not as a response to it as such.

It was my experience back in different times, far removed from my now bucolic and quiet harbour existence, that in occasional confrontational situations I always was very, very wary of "smaller guys",,,the big guys were what they were but those "little F'ers" were terrifying!

🫣🤠🏃‍♂️