Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Bournemouth win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/24 at 18:00

16 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I'd go: 

(Not) Sanchez

Disasi(c) Fofana Colwill Cucurella 

Caicedo Lavia

Madueke Palmer Nkunku 

Jackson

I don't think Lavia will be ready. He hasn't trained yet. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't think Lavia will be ready. He hasn't trained yet. 

FFS. Enzo it is then. 

If Lavia is on a reduced schedule and anyone else gets injured, we'll need CM reinforcements by January. We're short in that area on bodies and very possibly quality.  Selling Conor looks a poor choice

16 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

FFS. Enzo it is then. 

If Lavia is on a reduced schedule and anyone else gets injured, we'll need CM reinforcements by January. We're short in that area on bodies and very possibly quality.  Selling Conor looks a poor choice

Still have Casadei, who I believe looks to be part of the first team squad at present. 

KDH probably also can slot in there if needed. 

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Still have Casadei, who I believe looks to be part of the first team squad at present. 

KDH probably also can slot in there if needed. 

Tbh, I can see Big Les being brought back in the January window

• Agree 1

Been quite a bit of travelling for some of our players, so I would try and freshen it up a bit. I'd bring KDH in for Enzo, because both Enzo and Caicedo have been away in this break and I'd give Nkunku a start up front ahead of Jackson, for the same reason. I presume Disasi will have to start at RB and that James and Lavia aren't even near the bench yet.

image.png

• Agree 1

On 12/09/2024 at 10:17, Bert19 said:

FFS. Enzo it is then. 

I’d try Cucu at DM . I reckon he’d do a good job. 
selling Connor was absurd ( money or no money) . And barely ever injured. 

• Agree 1

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-injury-update-trio-to-miss-bournemouth-away

No James, Gusto or Lavia. Maresca said ‘Malo is still out and he is not available for tomorrow’s game,' our head coach explained. ‘Romeo looks very close [to returning], hopefully for the next game. Unfortunately, Reece needs more time.’

James is done, surely.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/chelsea-injury-update-trio-to-miss-bournemouth-away

No James, Gusto or Lavia. Maresca said ‘Malo is still out and he is not available for tomorrow’s game,' our head coach explained. ‘Romeo looks very close [to returning], hopefully for the next game. Unfortunately, Reece needs more time.’

James is done, surely.

I’m mean re James. He has a three game ban at start of season and then gets injured without playing kicking a competitive ball! That captaincy has got to be removed for starters because he hardly ever plays. Enzo shouldn’t have it either. Palmer is obvious choice for me. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

James is done, surely.

If you compare his frame when we loaned him to Wigan to his frame today you can see he's bulked up a lot , we've been told in the past by the usual clever dickies that the world's best sprinters are built like tanks so it shouldn't matter but my argument is that the world's best sprinters aren't making sixty sprints per ninety minutes.  He's too big , he should be told to slim down  and sack his private trainer or face the consequences. 

You can be the best player in the World but if you don't get on the field nobody is interested 

• Agree 4

51 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

James is done, surely.

Unfortunately - i think he is. We should have bought a RB instead of the 16 wingers. Also, Gusto was out for a good few weeks last season too.

"Romeo looks very close [to returning]" was also said following the first match and how long has that been...

Edited by Miguelito07
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Unfortunately - i think he is. We should have bought a RB instead of the 16 wingers. Also, Gusto was out for a good few weeks last season too.

"Romeo looks very close [to returning]" was also said following the first match and how long has that been...

Yeah, that is the message they often give when someone is injured, I remember hearing it a lot last season and the player it related to, wouldn't be seen for months.

Should have kept Gallagher.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If you compare his frame when we loaned him to Wigan to his frame today you can see he's bulked up a lot , we've been told in the past by the usual clever dickies that the world's best sprinters are built like tanks so it shouldn't matter but my argument is that the world's best sprinters aren't making sixty sprints per ninety minutes.  He's too big , he should be told to slim down  and sack his private trainer or face the consequences. 

You can be the best player in the World but if you don't get on the field nobody is interested 

He’s a chubby chubster. Some players bodies cope with that and others can’t. It could well be part of his problem. I’m very surprised he still looks overweight. Players with the frame of Gallagher and Palmer seem far more resilient ( but then Chilwell is also made of glass I suppose). 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, that is the message they often give when someone is injured, I remember hearing it a lot last season and the player it related to, wouldn't be seen for months.

Should have kept Gallagher.

Shall we watch Fofana breakdown now?

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

No Gusto according to Maresca

I’ve been watching Gusto closely, far from the finished article when defending - particularly one-v-one. 

Great energy and a nice footballer, not a great defender as yet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/09/2024 at 11:22, My Blood Is Blue said:

Been quite a bit of travelling for some of our players, so I would try and freshen it up a bit. I'd bring KDH in for Enzo, because both Enzo and Caicedo have been away in this break and I'd give Nkunku a start up front ahead of Jackson, for the same reason. I presume Disasi will have to start at RB and that James and Lavia aren't even near the bench yet.

image.png

Like the look of that team to start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

He’s a chubby chubster. Some players bodies cope with that and others can’t. It could well be part of his problem. I’m very surprised he still looks overweight. Players with the frame of Gallagher and Palmer seem far more resilient ( but then Chilwell is also made of glass I suppose). 

Aother Chubster, Luke Shaw is similar build and also been absent for ages. Injury after injury. 

9 hours ago, east lower said:

I’ve been watching Gusto closely, far from the finished article when defending - particularly one-v-one. 

Great energy and a nice footballer, not a great defender as yet.

Not a huge surprise considering he came through as a midfielder/attacker initially.

He also only started playing football at like 10 or something, based on a recent media piece he did with Disasi that I posted the other day. Quite a shock to hear that.

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Not a huge surprise considering he came through as a midfielder/attacker initially.

He also only started playing football at like 10 or something, based on a recent media piece he did with Disasi that I posted the other day. Quite a shock to hear that.

Most modern full-backs seem to have been wide-forwards/midfielders, that have been ‘converted’ into wing-backs. 

Mind you, that goes back in time as far as Ashley Cole who was also a winger as a teenager.