Manchester City Charges and Trial

KingThistle

Having read through the threads over the last few weeks, there are some great football minds and I've enjoyed reading much. On that, I'd be really interested in views, opinions and standpoints on the "Football Trial of the Century" as it's being billed - Man City and their 115 charges. What do you know? What do you think? How will it pan out? What should the penalties be?

Discuss!

I’m think they’ll get a fine so it looks like they’ve been punished, possibly a points deduction for next season, but not enough points to take them out of the top 4. Maybe a token transfer ban as well.

Ultimately, I think they’ll end up accepting a punishment that allows the PL to make it look like they’ve ‘won’ but ultimately won’t hurt Man City that much.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m think they’ll get a fine so it looks like they’ve been punished, possibly a points deduction for next season, but not enough points to take them out of the top 4. Maybe a token transfer ban as well.

Ultimately, I think they’ll end up accepting a punishment that allows the PL to make it look like they’ve ‘won’ but ultimately won’t hurt Man City that much.

It depends on what they get convicted of, if anything. 

If it's deliberately faking sponsorships and then covering it up by refusing to cooperate and thereafter threatening the PL with megabucks lawyers then they could be in for a Rangers style punishment. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ham said:

It depends on what they get convicted of, if anything. 

If it's deliberately faking sponsorships and then covering it up by refusing to cooperate and thereafter threatening the PL with megabucks lawyers then they could be in for a Rangers style punishment. 

I just don’t see it happening. I think they’ll agree to accept some of the charges in a deal to then not have to accept others that may cause something like that to happen.

We’ll see, I just have no faith in the PL to see it all through.

I expect they’ll take it out on us afterwards somehow.

• Agree 3