Official: Chelsea sign Mykhailo Mudryk on an Eight and a Half Year Deal

JaneB

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

If lower end Premier League is CHO's level then I shudder to think what Mudryk's is. 

Based on what we've seen so far the ceiling is the Vanarama National League and that's being generous. 

Personally I'd like to see what he can do in a well organised,  well coached, disciplined team with a clear game plan.

When your playing in a team that can't do the very basics right,  when you are told to just go out there and play with zero tactics, no clear instructions and your as inexperienced as Mudryk I think it's only natural to struggle.

Like all the players here I won't judge them until we get a manager that does the most basic things right and if he still performs the way he has then yeah, get rid but until then I will wait to pass judgement. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Or in Germany where he deadset looked heinously bad. 

Maybe it's a case of simply finding his level. 

We also need to bear in mind that the video was highly selective. I watched the game and CHO was awful in the final 3rd on many occasions, shooting all over the place and poor passing decisions, the same issues for which we criticise Mudryk.

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Personally I'd like to see what he can do in a well organised,  well coached, disciplined team with a clear game plan.

When your playing in a team that can't do the very basics right,  when you are told to just go out there and play with zero tactics, no clear instructions and your as inexperienced as Mudryk I think it's only natural to struggle.

Like all the players here I won't judge them until we get a manager that does the most basic things right and if he still performs the way he has then yeah, get rid but until then I will wait to pass judgement. 

I take your point and certainly agree on Pochettino, but Mudryk does appear to have more deficiencies than is explicable by his poor management by the manager. I don't think we have the luxury of having Mudryk as part of the first team squad next season: we are effectively a man down or worse with Mudryk in the side. He has had quite a bit of time to prove himself and if anything he has regressed technically and in his relationship with his oppos.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

We also need to bear in mind that the video was highly selective. I watched the game and CHO was awful in the final 3rd on many occasions, shooting all over the place and poor passing decisions, the same issues for which we criticise Mudryk.

Oh, absolutely and not the first time this has happened either mind you. 

7 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Good players often stand out and thrive under those conditions. Look at Palmer for instance. How come he hasn't looked like a non-League footballer under Poch? People don't seem willing to answer this question. I know exactly why nobody wants to answer - it's because they'd have to acknowledge the vast gap in ability between the two players. So you'll continue to lie to yourselves and blame other factors for his inability to control the football  (something which Poch has no control over).

7 hours ago, RDCW said:

CHO was always able to shine in spurts...and of course the injury issue clouded what might have been but even in the early days I always got the feeling he was a could be/should be player but a "will he?: question ever in the back of my mind. (Not an unusual view of an upcoming player but,,,)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Good players often stand out and thrive under those conditions. Look at Palmer for instance. How come he hasn't looked like a non-League footballer under Poch? People don't seem willing to answer this question. I know exactly why nobody wants to answer - it's because they'd have to acknowledge the vast gap in ability between the two players. So you'll continue to lie to yourselves and blame other factors for his inability to control the football  (something which Poch has no control over).

Why isn't CHO standing out then?

Comparing the two players season records

They've played roughly the same amount of games, CHO has 5 goals and 1 assist and Mudryk has 4 goals and 2 assists. 

They're equally as mediocre as each other. 

57 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why isn't CHO standing out then?

Comparing the two players season records

They've played roughly the same amount of games, CHO has 5 goals and 1 assist and Mudryk has 4 goals and 2 assists. 

They're equally as mediocre as each other. 

The difference being the astonishing amount of money wasted on Mudryk. We may as well have kept CHO, and Werner imo. 

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

The difference being the astonishing amount of money wasted on Mudryk. We may as well have kept CHO, and Werner imo. 

The real difference is CHO and Timo have peaked Mudryk has barely started. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

From what I’ve seen Mudryk has “peaked” too (if you could call it that) and the outlay on him has been outrageous. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

23 year old CHO has peaked but 23 year old Mudryk has barely started. Good lord, what are we doing here? The lengths you're all going to just to make excuses for this dud. 😂

Two brilliant goals from CHO today. Cutting in from the left and finishing at the far post x2. A type of goal we're yet to see from the 60m future Balon d'Or winner who ***checks notes*** only needs another 2-3 years to figure it all out. 

Sold for 3m and bought a significantly worse player for 60m. How are these people still in a job?

It seems to be a lot easier to convince people to allow a £60M signing time to come good, rather than to convince them to allow an academy player time to come good - or someone that's been recovering from a big injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Whereas on the other side you can see Madueke is showing real signs of improvement in everything he does. 

With Cucurella playing as an inverted left back, everything is going down the right hand side so it's no surprise that Noni is shining and getting more opportunities to score and assist. 

He's been absolutely fine without being outstanding. 

Should we replace him with Sterling FC? 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

With Cucurella playing as an inverted left back, everything is going down the right hand side so it's no surprise that Noni is shining and getting more opportunities to score and assist. 

He's been absolutely fine without being outstanding. 

Should we replace him with Sterling FC? 

I think everything is going down the right because the left wing is a black hole. Palmer and Madueke linked up brilliantly yesterday. 

• Agree 1

I'd like Mudryk to be given one more season because I still think there might be a player there. 

At the moment the stats are there to back up the opinion that he's just not good enough. No goal or assist in his last 10 games. His pass percentage is in the lowest 7% for players in his position. He's high on the list of losing his one to one challenges. Even his biggest supporters can't argue with stats like that.

However, there was one moment yesterday which showed the quality he possesses. Running at top speed and leaving his marker for dead, he ran onto a beautiful pass, controlled it instantly and then managed to get off a good shot at goal. He somehow has to find the consistency to be that player week in week. 

We're never going to sell him after the season he's had but I still hold some hope.

I'd be doing everything I could to be getting him a loan to Dortmund.  Perfect team in the perfect league for him

14 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I'd like Mudryk to be given one more season because I still think there might be a player there. 

At the moment the stats are there to back up the opinion that he's just not good enough. No goal or assist in his last 10 games. His pass percentage is in the lowest 7% for players in his position. He's high on the list of losing his one to one challenges. Even his biggest supporters can't argue with stats like that.

However, there was one moment yesterday which showed the quality he possesses. Running at top speed and leaving his marker for dead, he ran onto a beautiful pass, controlled it instantly and then managed to get off a good shot at goal. He somehow has to find the consistency to be that player week in week. 

There was also the lovely through ball that put Jackson through early, not for the first time this season either. Like Enzo, he'd probably have a few more assists if Jackson and others weren't as wasteful at times. 

Sure, he gives the ball away and his first touch can be heavy on occasions, but in those moments where things do click he really does move like a gazelle, a trait many of the good wingers generally possess. His playmaking abilities also require more recognition. 

Going from being the focal point at Shakhtar where he'd see a lot of the ball, to now playing a more isolating off-ball role does take time. Couple that with the work he still needs to do tactically and alike, I'd still be trying to get as much football into him as one possibly can over the next couple of seasons.

Posted (edited)
On 04/05/2024 at 19:01, Bison said:

A type of goal we're yet to see from the 60m future Balon d'Or winner who ***checks notes*** only needs another 2-3 years to figure it all out. 

Happy that CHO is playing well and I hope it continues, probably the best talent I’ve seen at youth level, always had the finishing to match his flair. I was never sure that he would go on to be player that I thought he may of been initially, but he probably should’ve been given more time in hindsight. We’ve got some decent forwards in the academy right now and hopefully it’ll pan out better for them, unless they’re just sold for profit. 

As for Mudryk, I’m really not his biggest fan and the price tag makes me cringe. I think he’s had some bright moments lately, but his lack of composure in the final third is there for all to see. 

Edited by Floyd25

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Happy that CHO is playing well and I hope it continues, probably the best talent I’ve seen at youth level, always had the finishing to match his flair. I was never sure that he would go on to be player that I thought he may of been initially, but he probably should’ve been given more time in hindsight. We’ve got some decent forwards in the academy right now and hopefully it’ll pan out better for them, unless they’re just sold for profit. 

As for Mudryk, I’m really not his biggest fan and the price tag makes me cringe. I think he’s had some bright moments lately, but his lack of composure in the final third is there for all to see. 

I suppose you have ask who thought it was a good idea to get rid of Hudson and pay a fortune for Mudryk?

Edited by kev61