Official: Chelsea sign Mykhailo Mudryk on an Eight and a Half Year Deal

JaneB

1 hour ago, Bones said:

I thought bringing on Mudryk was risky too. But who else we had on the bench? And we did need to freshen things up.

Substitutes

• 1Sánchez
  • 10Mudryk
  • 11Madueke
  • 13Bettinelli
  • 14Chalobah
  • 18Nkunku
  • 42Gilchrist
  • 49Tauriainen
  • 56Gee

Taurianen and Gee are almost better footballers than Mudryk simply because they came through a good academy. We would have had a better chance bringing either one of them on. 

On 26/02/2024 at 02:46, Original 21 said:

His confidence is shot and it does him no good to be brought on as a sub for 15 minute cameos. Especially as he’s more likely to do more damage than anything useful. He’s not the kind of player you bring on to close games down. So why does the manager do it?

Today was a case in point. Everyone blames him for the Van Dijk header but he should never have been the one left to deal with the cross. It’s not his job. Yet there he was. Stuck in no man’s land wondering what the hell he’s doing there. He looked shattered at the end.

Needs to be taken out of the firing line for the rest of the season and sent out on loan to develop his game. 

We see Nkunku not performing -  is he not trying? or is his confidence shot because of lousy coaching?.

It's a question for the entire membership here.Why do our forward line look lost?

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

We see Nkunku not performing -  is he not trying? or is his confidence shot because of lousy coaching?.

It's a question for the entire membership here.Why do our forward line look lost?

Why can't the defence defend?

Why can't the midfield midfield?

Why can't the strikers strike?

The coach can't coach .

That's why.

A question for those blaming Mudryk's inability to do anything right on everybody else but him:

Cole Palmer started ONE Premier League game before signing for Chelsea. He is more than two years younger than Mudryk. Why is he capable of performing whereas Mudryk looks like a Sunday league footballer in comparison? Do you seriously believe Mudryk is equally as talented? 

It does nobody any good saying Mudryk's potential is being held back by this, that and the other when it's clear as day his single biggest issue is lack of ability. Until you guys accept this reality you'll be blaming Poch and the next four managers for the remaining 8 years of this joker's contract. 

1 minute ago, Bison said:

A question for those blaming Mudryk's inability to do anything right on everybody else but him:

Cole Palmer started ONE Premier League game before signing for Chelsea. He is more than two years younger than Mudryk. Why is he capable of performing whereas Mudryk looks like a Sunday league footballer in comparison? Do you seriously believe Mudryk is equally as talented? 

It does nobody any good saying Mudryk's potential is being held back by this, that and the other when it's clear as day his single biggest issue is lack of ability. Until you guys accept this reality you'll be blaming Poch and the next four managers for the remaining 8 years of this joker's contract. 

Answer me this then .

Why was Mudryk good at Shaktar Donetsk , playing and scoring in the Champions league?

I'll save you a job , he had a coach with the first idea how to get the best out of him 

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Answer me this then .

Why was Mudryk good at Shaktar Donetsk , playing and scoring in the Champions league?

I'll save you a job , he had a coach with the first idea how to get the best out of him 

Why were Arsenal pushing so hard for him? I thought Arteta was the second coming when it comes to decisions. 

Granted we paid too much for him at £66m but that's not on him.  Maybe £30-£40m reflected what he'd done to that point. 

I repeat... I still insist there's a player in there. Just my opinion. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Answer me this then .

Why was he good at Shaktar? Maybe because playing in the 18th ranked league in European football is his level. You wouldn't entertain signing 20+ year olds for 60m from the Championship which is a far harder level of football.

And please let's not pretend like he was a superstar at Champions League level. A decent appearance or two in dead rubber group games does not make a good player.

Now please answer my question: why is it that Palmer can come in and immediately do well under Pochettino whilst Mudryk continues to stink the place out as he done for more than year?

Just now, Bison said:

Why was he good at Shaktar? Maybe because playing in the 18th ranked league in European football is his level. You wouldn't entertain signing 20+ year olds for 60m from the Championship which is a far harder level of football.

And please let's not pretend like he was a superstar at Champions League level. A decent appearance or two in dead rubber group games does not make a good player.

Now please answer my question: why is it that Palmer can come in and immediately do well under Pochettino whilst Mudryk continues to stink the place out as he done for more than year?

You're ignoring the stats again 

Go back over this thread and see who statistically is the most effective of our attackers , admittedly with our attack it's akin to the being the World's tallest dwarf but the point remains.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

You're ignoring the stats again 

Go back over this thread and see who statistically is the most effective of our attackers , admittedly with our attack it's akin to the being the World's tallest dwarf but the point remains.

And you're ignoring my question again. 

Blaming everybody else for Mudryk being a crap footballer at this level helps nobody. Twisting per minute stats to pretend he's any good is pointless.

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

And you're ignoring my question again. 

Blaming everybody else for Mudryk being a crap footballer at this level helps nobody. Twisting per minute stats to pretend he's any good is pointless.

I'm not saying he's a world beater , I'm saying he's better than you think he is and he's better than Pochettino is allowing him to be 

he's a work in progress , that we vastly overpaid for him is just a symptom of idiots at the helm and not his fault 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not saying he's a world beater , I'm saying he's better than you think he is and he's better than Pochettino is allowing him to be 

he's a work in progress , that we vastly overpaid for him is just a symptom of idiots at the helm and not his fault 

I usually agree with you Mark, but I seriously think Mudryk is a lame duck. He's 23 (not 19) and should be close to his prime. Notwithstanding Pochettino's evident inability to organise and deploy our attackers, Mudryk's incompetence is his own. He is a considerably worse footballer than Jesper Gronkjaer (who was equally quick) and  is never going to be adequate for our needs, let alone the star his fee suggests he should be.

3 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I usually agree with you Mark, but I seriously think Mudryk is a lame duck. He's 23 (not 19) and should be close to his prime. Notwithstanding Pochettino's evident inability to organise and deploy our attackers, Mudryk's incompetence is his own. He is a considerably worse footballer than Jesper Gronkjaer (who was equally quick) and  is never going to be adequate for our needs, let alone the star his fee suggests he should be.

I really need to find the clip but there was a moment in extra time on Sunday when the team worked the ball from right to left, and Caicedo passes the ball to Chilwell who is on the touchline at the halfway line. Where was Mudryk? Occupying the LCB position for some unknown reason. He genuinely doesn't have a single clue where to be, what positions to take up and how to impact games. These are things 13,14 years old pick up at academy level. What does any manager do with somebody like this? You think serious managers like Pep or Klopp would ever tolerate nonsense like this? 

Just now, Bison said:

I really need to find the clip but there was a moment in extra time on Sunday when the team worked the ball from right to left, and Caicedo passes the ball to Chilwell who is on the touchline at the halfway line. Where was Mudryk? Occupying the LCB position for some unknown reason. He genuinely doesn't have a single clue where to be, what positions to take up and how to impact games. These are things 13,14 years old pick up at academy level. What does any manager do with somebody like this? You think serious managers like Pep or Klopp would ever tolerate nonsense like this? 

Nope! He'd be gone.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

You think serious managers like Pep or Klopp would ever tolerate nonsense like this? 

Again , all roads lead to Pochettino 

He's clueless and is not coaching the players properly , I'd imagine if Mudryk was propping up the defence it's because of something Pochettino told him to do or rather didn't , like he didn't tell the players to take the foot off the gas in extra time , no siree Bob.

4 hours ago, Bison said:

Yep.

Logically, there must be something there in Mudryk given teams who have competent scouting and recruitment in place were interested in him. 

But I think it's besides the point. Even if there is something there, we were the worst possible place for him to come and have it nurtured. We got rid of any experienced heads who could help him adjust following a move. We've chopped and changed the coaching and backroom staff. We thrust him into the limelight, making a song and dance about him joining, because signing him was really about the owners slapping their dicks on Arsenal's table more than anything else. We've needed him to immediately perform, because there's no one else to do it. And all this while his home country is at war.

The reality, as I see it, is that it's now irrelevant if there is something in him, because he's at a club that does not provide the circumstances or conditions for players to become what they could be. I think that is also true of players who haven't struggled like him. Palmer will look an absolute monster in a year or two when he moves on, rather than just a good player. So what has to happen next is the same as what would have to happen next if it is just down to a fundamental lack of ability ... He has to go.

If he's ever going to be brilliant, it isn't going to be at Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Again , all roads lead to Pochettino 

He's clueless and is not coaching the players properly , I'd imagine if Mudryk was propping up the defence it's because of something Pochettino told him to do or rather didn't , like he didn't tell the players to take the foot off the gas in extra time , no siree Bob.

Just looked like a clueless player who doesn't know how to get separation from his full back so instead of staying up front and holding his position he went to collect the ball.

I'm assuming he thought he was going to get the ball from the CB and dribble thought their enite team. Guessing that worked for him in Ukraine. 

38 minutes ago, Bison said:

I'm assuming he thought he was going to get the ball from the CB and dribble thought their enite team. Guessing that worked for him in Ukraine. 

Well in fairness when he's generally been played without the help of an overlapping fullback because " reasons" it's not much of a surprise for me when he tries to do it all himself.

He was awful against Liverpool I can see that , however I still contend with better coaching ...

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well in fairness when he's generally been played without the help of an overlapping fullback because " reasons" it's not much of a surprise for me when he tries to do it all himself.

He was awful against Liverpool I can see that , however I still contend with better coaching ...

Preach. 

Just now, Bison said:

Preach. 

It's only true if they were actually not prepared to do that with an academy player.

Do you see anyone here complaining when Gilchrist gets a game ? Or when Lewis Hall got a game ? 

The only people this quotation has any relevance whatsoever towards are the two in the procurement department as they're the ones with a vested interest in it .

However if your point is that we have players in the academy that could come in a "do a job" as per Liverpool at the weekend then I'm in full agreement 

The issue with persevering with Mudryk is that we are in a precarious position financially and can't afford to take the hit on him that it would undoubtedly be so the only option is to get him in form and at least make a fist of helping his game flourish other than just writing him off.

Chelsea youth wanting Chelsea youth players to get a fair crack of the whip is what you would expect , I expect Mudryk youth want Mudryk to be given more opportunities and Ginsters want everyone to eat pasties before training .  

• 4 weeks later...