Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Nottingham Forest win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/24 at 12:00

Both keepers had the main influence on the result...double save from Cole's great efforts and Sanchez saving Chelsea,,,(only one near disaster but got away with it,),,examples among other pivotal moments.

1 minute ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Very frustrating not to win but we came from behind to get a point.

Was always going to be tricky, Forest defensively are very adept.

We did show a lot of character. But potential we can concede to Crawley Town. 

Quite unbelievable that we got 6 yellows to Forest's 4 (2 for JWP), when they were one of the dirtiest teams we've played against.

Part of that may be down to poor refereeing, but they're only one half of the problem. We need to be more disciplined. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Brilliant performace, loved it.

Came up against a team that is up there with the most defensive I have ever seen. A lot of talk about Arsenal and the 'Dark arts', Forest were a different level.

This will 100% be one of my favourite games of the season. Showed so much character and never gave up.

Absolutely brilliant.

Levi Colwill MOTM by an absolute mile. Colossal with and without the ball. His best performance in a Chelsea shirt by far.

It looked like there was real fight at last; Colwill standing up for Cucurella was great to see. 👀✌️ 💥 

Some things to like, some things to be pretty worried about projected across an entire season. I like that there's genuinely fight to us this season, much better than last year's petulance. But it's not coordinated enough and we make it easy for the ref to choose a yellow card. And we simply concede, and give up chances, far too readily to be serious. 

Easy to project whatever your broader sense of optimism/pessimism is onto that result. For me, 5 points from the 12 available to us from PL home games so far doesn't scream CL qualification. 

3 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Enzo’s corners today were a sight to behold to be honest and not in a good way. 

That’s not limited to just his corners. 

Teachers pet syndrome, not much we can be critical of Maresca of - but that’s one thing. No way he deserves to be a first choice on performances.

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

That’s not limited to just his corners. 

Teachers pet syndrome, not much we can be critical of Maresca of - but that’s one thing. No way he deserves to be a first choice on performances.

🧸🧸🧸

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Some things to like, some things to be pretty worried about projected across an entire season. I like that there's genuinely fight to us this season, much better than last year's petulance. But it's not coordinated enough and we make it easy for the ref to choose a yellow card. And we simply concede, and give up chances, far too readily to be serious. 

Easy to project whatever your broader sense of optimism/pessimism is onto that result. For me, 5 points from the 12 available to us from PL home games so far doesn't scream CL qualification. 

Despite being top scorers in the league , we cannot keep relying on Palmer. We need a dead eyed dick up front. Osimen deal should get back on track. At least Sanchez positives are outweighing negatives. 

Frustrating result against a horrible bunch of time wasting, playing acting crunts  Should have won but could also have lost this, so overall i'll settle for a point. Lads gave it everything  and I never ask for more than that. I  like Enzo's passion on the touchline too.

Good thing is we haven't lost any ground on the teams we are competing with. Negatives. We cannot keep  clean sheets and cannot expect us to score 3 or 4 every game, so we are going to continue to drop some points against teams we should be beating.

We are very much a chasing pack team at the moment and I'm ok with that. But if we are to ever get back amongst the top three and be serious challenges again, we will simply need more players who have a higher level of  rapid passing ability in tight spaces  in the final third to open up these low block teams, like City have been doing for years. Jackson. Madueke. Neto. Mudryk. Sancho are a lot  better on the counter than they are at opening up teams with sharp passing in and around the box. I don't think any of them are title challenging level players tbh, though Madueke might become one of he can become more consistent. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leo said:

We got to be winning these games. Very disappointing. First Palace now Forest.

Yes, but there are not many easy games these days. All the teams are very fit, organised and can get around the field and spoil and cause problems on the break. Unless you have genuine top class forwards and creative midfielders, it's not easy getting through 9 or 10 men behind the ball. 

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes, but there are not many easy games these days. All the teams are very fit, organised and can get around the field and spoil and cause problems on the break. Unless you have genuine top class forwards and creative midfielders, it's not easy getting through 9 or 10 men behind the ball. 

I agree. And because I personally can see definite improvement I’m not frustrated at all at the result. ✌️🤩😌

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It would be nice , but are not a machine. Dippers lost to these at home and are hoping for top 4 . 

Absolutely! No divine right to win and Forest will pull off many of these rearguard performances, as you rightly said they did to Liverpool. We could and should have won, but over the last 2 or 3 seasons we have lost plenty of these games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

Absolutely! No divine right to win and Forest will pull off many of these rearguard performances, as you rightly said they did to Liverpool. We could and should have won, but over the last 2 or 3 seasons we have lost plenty of these games.

Indeed. Forest’s record like ours, much better away from home.