Commentary: Jamie Carragher 

Summeriser: Graeme Souness

Studio: Kelly Dalglish 

Studio: Saint Stephen of Mee. 

Music by Gerry and the Pacemakers

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Music by Gerry and the Pacemakers

Why anyone would take a Ferry cross that open sewer when there is a perfectly dry tunnel I have no idea. (I meant the River,not Anfield in case anyone was in doubt.)

For Khobar,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

They always leave me feeling Krusty (although not in the biblical sense)

Please...............😞

You can be sure that any MARGinal decision will go against us too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Apparently, the Mersea 'is not strained' according to Shakespeare and that's why it is really important to not swallow when you are swimming across. 

@Sciatika,,you should be ashamed of yourself !.....that is wonderful🤠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imho, playing safe and trying to contain them will end in certain defeat, so our only chance is to go at them all guns blazing. Might end up with a thrashing if we don't have our shooting boots on, but I really do think we have no other choice in this game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Imho, playing safe and trying to contain them will end in certain defeat, so our only chance is to go at them all guns blazing. Might end up with a thrashing if we don't have our shooting boots on, but I really do think we have no other choice in this game.

Gotta play to our strengths and I'd say a more open game does that, even if it does mean conceding goals. Not sure I'd have full conscience in us trying to defend a goal lead for any lengthy period. 

12 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Gotta play to our strengths and I'd say a more open game does that, even if it does mean conceding goals. Not sure I'd have full conscience in us trying to defend a goal lead for any lengthy period. 

I assume they will come at us like Brighton, so plenty of space in behind for Jackson and Palmer.

• Agree 1

Am I reading this right: there's no confidence we can protect a lead, if we try to be solid/hard to beat we're going to lose so we may as well go gung-ho and risk getting battered in the process. 

Sounds like there isn't much confidence in the coaching staff and squad delivered by the two geniuses. Interesting. 

Haven't seen any Liverpool this season. Was under the impression that performances had generally been fine, but not as impressive as results have been. Don't know what to expect, really. That we persist in giving up 2 or 3 big chances per game makes it difficult to feel confident against almost anyone, regardless of other things going well.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bison said:

Am I reading this right: there's no confidence we can protect a lead, if we try to be solid/hard to beat we're going to lose so we may as well go gung-ho and risk getting battered in the process. 

Sounds like there isn't much confidence in the coaching staff and squad delivered by the two geniuses. Interesting. 

You're smart enough to know this isn't what's being pushed at all.

It's simply a case of understanding that our strengths as a team right now lay with our attack and ability to score goals (feels odd saying this, been a minute), and not so much in our defensive unity. Liverpool are also a good side, as much as it loathes me to say, so naturally pitting their good attack vs our inconsistent defence isn't exactly what I'd be wanting to bet my house on (not that I've got one to bet with anyway). 

I, and I'm sure others will also agree, have full faith in the coaching staff. 

• Like 3

On 15/10/2024 at 22:43, boratsbrother said:

That’s the same for every game at the moment 🤣🤣😬

Last season we had a draw at home and a heavy loss away. However, I think we are a much stronger team this season and they are weaker and so it should be a much more even game. It's not so much the departures, though losing Klopp is bound to make a difference. For me, the key thing is that we are a year older and look it, and so are they.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Not me. In April I retired (after 42 years in the same business) and the first thing that strikes me now, half a year later, is that I feel much younger 🙂

I love being retired and am always a bit bemused by folks who say how much they miss work and have nothing to do! I relish not having to deal with Joe Public and my own self contained comfort... able to watch every Chelsea game and being blessed with a far more secure retirement (if careful) than my wanderings deserved and likewise blessed with Mrs C and the dogs in amazing Colorado and the Rocky Mountains,,as Kris said,,"Why Me Lord ?"  🏞️.🐕⛰️

Edited by chara
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Those dropped Forest points mean we have to win this in my opinion. Got to stay in the Top 4 with Villa and Brighton winning and Arsenal are there to overtake. We need go build a big snowball effect, compound our points as much as possible. I know it's a tough ask but we can't pick and choose games in this race. 3 points are 3 points. I hope we go for it and don't try for a draw. 

38 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Those dropped Forest points mean we have to win this in my opinion. Got to stay in the Top 4 with Villa and Brighton winning and Arsenal are there to overtake. We need go build a big snowball effect, compound our points as much as possible. I know it's a tough ask but we can't pick and choose games in this race. 3 points are 3 points. I hope we go for it and don't try for a draw. 

I’ll take a draw right now, brofessor 🫶🏻👀 💯 

• Haha 1