JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Liverpool win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

Gotta say, I was positive before the game, and you can say we competed, but Liverpool were happy letting us have the ball, we did next to nothing with it. This defence & goalkeeper are a shambles and you can’t achieve a thing with it sadly, let’s be honest. 

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Never happy with a defeat, but pleased we’ve improved from last season and are progressing. How many teams win away at Liverpool?

Point was there for the taking though, we’re dropping points because of the goalkeeper/defence, that’s gonna be the story of the season. 

Just now, Floyd25 said:

Gotta say, I was positive before the game, and you can say we competed, but Liverpool were happy letting us have the ball, we did next to nothing with it. This defence & goalkeeper are a shambles and you can’t achieve a thing with it sadly, let’s be honest. 

Really. They had two meaningful shots all game. One was a penalty.

Compare that to the shambles there last year 

Ok performance. Could easily have got a draw. Ref very much a homer. Shame James and Lavia aren't yet able to play the full 90. Caicedo was excellent, Fernandez wasn't.

Dominated possession but little end product. Defence still miles away from what is needed.

As has been said, probably Palmer's least productive game so far. As a result, our attack was not at the level it has been in some games. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Yes but another test failed. We are improving but a long way from challenging.

Challenging for what? If you mean the title then yes, absolutely, but I don’t think the majority of fans were expecting us to be competing for that this season.

Challenging for top 4? We absolutely are at this point IMO.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really. They had two meaningful shots all game. One was a penalty.

Compare that to the shambles there last year 

Agree and we did enough for a point, but we consistently shoot our selves in the foot, a lot of possession with no cutting edge as well 

• Agree 1

Just now, Floyd25 said:

Agree and we did enough for a point, but we consistently shoot our selves in the foot, a lot of possession with no cutting edge as well 

Liverpool have a back 4 that has been together for years and have barely conceded a goal all season. 

Like I said, big improvement on last season 

• Like 2

Once more I find myself ploughing a lone furrow. 

I thought we were mediocre and got what our insipid play deserved out of the game. 

Flattering to deceive for twenty five first half minutes before capitulating. 

Getting level and immediately throwing it away through idiocy. 

We recycled the ball from side to side all second half without hurting them once after the goal. 

Maresca throwing in the towel after they went ahead didn't help 

Sorry guys, I'm not buying it. 

They're serial cheats and we watched slack jawed as they cheated and cheated and cheated again, we have nobody prepared to physically hurt them back as they're doing it with impunity to us. 

Not good enough. 

Curtis Jones MOTM. Fml. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Liverpool have a back 4 that has been together for years and have barely conceded a goal all season. 

Like I said, big improvement on last season 

They are further down the road than us there’s no question. I’m quietly confident we will keep improving and that after the Jan window we will have a better-balanced squad. I had reservations about Maresca but I do like him I must say. He’s building more mental strength and much-needed spirit in the squad too imo. 😌😌😌

We didn't play too poorly. This is the kind of game that we could have won with a solid defence. Instead, defence was and remains our weakest position. What Liverpool offered today could have been dealt with by a decent defence 

A lot of food for thought about Maresca's selection and subs. I struggle to see we saw in Tosin to sign him . There isn't a single part of his game where he plays PL level  He is nowhere near Badiashile as a defender. 

Nkunku as a  winger coming in for Madueke was another bad decision. He offered absolutely nothing in that position. 

Several times Nero pulled up in an advantageous position but didn't get the ball. Don't know why 

We must sort out our defence. If we don't , our improvement on overall game would come to nothing 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yea, but we are severely lacking in top centre backs and we have a complete liability in goal, always going to cost us points. 

Edited by Floyd25

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I just wish the club would accept Sanchez is not a number 1 and go and find a proper quality goalkeeper, it would make such a difference to this side.

Still, I’m taking the positives and for me, I see a lot of progress from what is still a very young side.

Yes but isn’t a little worrying we are just to young and some more experienced heads would help us move forward quicker.

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Never happy with a defeat, but pleased we’ve improved from last season and are progressing. How many teams win away at Liverpool?

Liverpool never got out of second gear, threatened throughout and scored twice without much bother. Not sure what people are missing but we look awful out of possession.