Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Liverpool win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Those dropped Forest points mean we have to win this in my opinion. Got to stay in the Top 4 with Villa and Brighton winning and Arsenal are there to overtake. We need go build a big snowball effect, compound our points as much as possible. I know it's a tough ask but we can't pick and choose games in this race. 3 points are 3 points. I hope we go for it and don't try for a draw. 

Sorry, in what world is Liverpool away a must win after 7 games?

On 17/10/2024 at 12:23, Bison said:

Am I reading this right: there's no confidence we can protect a lead, if we try to be solid/hard to beat we're going to lose so we may as well go gung-ho and risk getting battered in the process. 

Sounds like there isn't much confidence in the coaching staff and squad delivered by the two geniuses. Interesting. 

Always think it’s interesting to view how the oppo fans view things. Been on a couple of Dipper forums and the general consensus is that this is their biggest test yet. Considering they are at home , there is a general feeling of unease and sense that we will be really up for it. 
Having watch Arsenal blow top spot  to Bournemouth, we are perfectly capable of doing the same to Liverpool. They will score but we have to just make sure we score one more than them. 
3-2 to the Chels. 

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The back 4 for tomorrow makes me really nervous. All decent players, buts it not very inspiring is it. For that reason I really hope we see Lavia instead of Enzo, but I know we won’t.

I think the lineup stays the same other than the enforced changes.

IMG_7290.jpeg

Enzo has the potential to be a passenger in this game . He might even sustain a neck injury as it continually spins round trying to  watch Liverpool players flying past him. 
But yes , of course he’s going to start. My hope is that before any major damage is done, EM will realise the error and bring Lavia on. 
Going to miss cucu in this one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, in what world is Liverpool away a must win after 7 games?

I don't want Villa getting a gap on us. I'm worried. 

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Only in the context where we could be either one point or seven points behind Liverpool at full time.  

But also this. Liverpool haven't played any team of note yet and we drew with Forest at home, they lost to Forest at home. We can shock them. It's not the same tall order it was in seasons past. 

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Sorry, this is madness. If we draw, which is a very good result, Villa are 2 points ahead of us. With 30 games left. 30! 90 points available. And we have to play Villa twice

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, this is madness. If we draw, which is a very good result, Villa are 2 points ahead of us. With 30 games left. 30! 90 points available. And we have to play Villa twice

Paul, a win will get us pass Arse*** on the table. Worth everything 🙂 (bonus: 1 point behind the scousers)

• Haha 1

Logically and rationally, this is not a "must-win game", but emotionally, it absolutely is for the fans and, hopefully, the players. If we lose. I will get over it by wishing for sweet, cold revenge while there is still time.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 2

Oh what a treat to see Bournemouth beat Arsewipes , but like a blast from the past , did anyone see the classic Kepa brain fart? Under absolutely no pressure, he calmly and accurately side footed the ball 15 yards to the opposition . He then had to pull of a spectacular save to stop them scoring. 
Maybe he does it for the shooting practice. 
Bournemouth have a decent keeper for no money but clearly Kepa has failed to shake that part out of his game. Shame. 

4 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes, Villa along with Spurs and Utd are the ones we are competing for a place in the league, not Liverpool.

If Enzo starts I fear we'll be overrun and be battered like a piece of Cod in a Harry Ramsden shop.

I just hope this isn’t too early for James and he doesn’t break down at some stage during the match. The season is bigger than this one match, but I think Maresca is smart enough to know that, so I trust that if he’s picked him, it’s because he is ready for his yearly run out!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I just hope this isn’t too early for James and he doesn’t break down at some stage during the match. The season is bigger than this one match, but I think Maresca is smart enough to know that, so I trust that if he’s picked him, it’s because he is ready for his yearly run out!

For me, at last dropping TBL 🧸 legs Fernandez was the best decision - even if we lose. IMO Lavia and Caicedo are a much better-suited midfield for the PL.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Utterly disgraceful referee decision at Molineux. Silva was clearly obstructing (and pushing) the Wolves keeper on the corner.

Agreed.  He nudges the keeper and the keeper is busy pushing him away when he should be getting set.  

Never seen a ref go to the screen and stick with his decision but in fairness to him, and after showing two angles, they didn't show him the nudge.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Agreed.  He nudges the keeper and the keeper is busy pushing him away when he should be getting set.  

Never seen a ref go to the screen and stick with his decision but in fairness to him, and after showing two angles, they didn't show him the nudge.  

Plus, the purpose of the nudge was to stop the keeper coming for the cross.  It worked.  

• Agree 1