Matchday prediction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Liverpool win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Music by Gerry and the Pacemakers

Why anyone would take a Ferry cross that open sewer when there is a perfectly dry tunnel I have no idea. (I meant the River,not Anfield in case anyone was in doubt.)

For Khobar,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Imho, playing safe and trying to contain them will end in certain defeat, so our only chance is to go at them all guns blazing. Might end up with a thrashing if we don't have our shooting boots on, but I really do think we have no other choice in this game.

Gotta play to our strengths and I'd say a more open game does that, even if it does mean conceding goals. Not sure I'd have full conscience in us trying to defend a goal lead for any lengthy period. 

12 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Imho, playing safe and trying to contain them will end in certain defeat, so our only chance is to go at them all guns blazing. Might end up with a thrashing if we don't have our shooting boots on, but I really do think we have no other choice in this game.

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Gotta play to our strengths and I'd say a more open game does that, even if it does mean conceding goals. Not sure I'd have full conscience in us trying to defend a goal lead for any lengthy period. 

I assume they will come at us like Brighton, so plenty of space in behind for Jackson and Palmer.

• Agree 1

Am I reading this right: there's no confidence we can protect a lead, if we try to be solid/hard to beat we're going to lose so we may as well go gung-ho and risk getting battered in the process. 

Sounds like there isn't much confidence in the coaching staff and squad delivered by the two geniuses. Interesting. 

Quietly confident on this.

Liverpool haven't been all that and have had a very favourable start to the season. I think they will really struggle against our press as they aren't great at playing out from the back and we've created a fair few chances already this season when putting our opponents under pressure, high up the pitch.

2-1 Chelsea.

• Like 4

Haven't seen any Liverpool this season. Was under the impression that performances had generally been fine, but not as impressive as results have been. Don't know what to expect, really. That we persist in giving up 2 or 3 big chances per game makes it difficult to feel confident against almost anyone, regardless of other things going well.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bison said:

Am I reading this right: there's no confidence we can protect a lead, if we try to be solid/hard to beat we're going to lose so we may as well go gung-ho and risk getting battered in the process. 

Sounds like there isn't much confidence in the coaching staff and squad delivered by the two geniuses. Interesting. 

You're smart enough to know this isn't what's being pushed at all.

It's simply a case of understanding that our strengths as a team right now lay with our attack and ability to score goals (feels odd saying this, been a minute), and not so much in our defensive unity. Liverpool are also a good side, as much as it loathes me to say, so naturally pitting their good attack vs our inconsistent defence isn't exactly what I'd be wanting to bet my house on (not that I've got one to bet with anyway). 

I, and I'm sure others will also agree, have full faith in the coaching staff. 

• Like 1