Mason Mount

JaneB

On 01/05/2023 at 04:32, xceleryx said:

Can't do much more if the bloke doesn't want to take the lead of Chilly and RJ and extend. 

The TB sports dept have changed the T&C's,  since RJ signed his new contract,  and Chilwell was already on £200k per week so one can assume his extension included keeping the same base salary - better off punting the likes of KK and giving the £200k Mason wants.

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The TB sports dept have changed the T&C's,  since RJ signed his new contract,  and Chilwell was already on £200k per week so one can assume his extension included keeping the same base salary - better off punting the likes of KK and giving the £200k Mason wants.

He's already turned down a huge contract extension to around that under the RA Sports department by all accounts. 

Had he signed it then he would have already earned thousands more than he has , that's his own fault .

And the TB sports department haven't changed the terms and conditions at all , they're a new company with new pay structures based on achievement so again , if Mount really wants to top up his basic he'd be better off putting the ball under the bar rather than over the stands as is his recent practice.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's already turned down a huge contract extension to around that under the RA Sports department by all accounts. 

Had he signed it then he would have already earned thousands more than he has , that's his own fault .

And the TB sports department haven't changed the terms and conditions at all , they're a new company with new pay structures based on achievement so again , if Mount really wants to top up his basic he'd be better off putting the ball under the bar rather than over the stands as is his recent practice.

Like you keep reminding me RA sports department were a bunch of clowns, therefore one would have assumed they would have paid Mason an OTT weekly salary, therefore i doubt your suggestion has any substance.

As for you comment on TB sport dept is a bit of a contradiction, surely T&C have changed if you have a new pay structure, I know whenever i get a contract extension or renew a contract there are always changes to T&C's. "maybe a relegation clause needs to be put into future player contracts"

Once again another pop a player - keep it up

• Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Like you keep reminding me RA sports department were a bunch of clowns, therefore one would have assumed they would have paid Mason an OTT weekly salary, therefore i doubt your suggestion has any substance.

As for you comment on TB sport dept is a bit of a contradiction, surely T&C have changed if you have a new pay structure, I know whenever i get a contract extension or renew a contract there are always changes to T&C's. "maybe a relegation clause needs to be put into future player contracts"

Once again another pop a player - keep it up

Mount is a great player , one we all want to keep at the club but he is also the one who employed his Dad as his agent and missed out on a hefty pay increase under the previous administration as he gambled on being in a stronger position in the future and one could argue he's achieved his aim as I expect the much maligned , by you anyway , TB Sports department are desperately trying to reach a compromise with him now.

The trouble is , despite signing some excellent players you have written every single one of them off as Brighton Level rubbish when Brighton are a better footballing side and are miles ahead of us in the league because our RA elite players have been auditioning for the poster boys for SCOPE this season . 

If I have a "pop" at a player it's generally out of frustration when I know full well that they're better than the level  they are performing at .

Keep it up? Or what exactly?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

No they haven't, the same T&C's that applied to both RJ and Chilwell's extensions still exist now for Mount. We've known the wage structure was being reformed the moment ownership changed, and that's exactly what's been reflected with the contracts we've largely handed out. Mount has reportedly being offered around a similar figure to both of those above, so again there isn't much of a difference being had here. And as @Mark Kelly pointed out, similar money was reportedly offered and turned down by Mount during the back end of RA's tenure. 

And for all we know base money may not even be the motivating factor for Mount not extending, it could very well be Mount wanting to play as an #8, it could be down to image rights or some of the incentivised bonuses, we simply don't know. Either way, the club under both sets of ownership have been actively trying to extend Mount's deal and he's opted to drag this out to where it is now. 

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

No they haven't, the same T&C's

No chance - If you change job or renew an employment contract T&C change.

As for wanting to play in a certain position, i doubt that even comes in to the negotiations, that is down to where the coach feels he will get the best output from the player.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

No chance - If you change job or renew an employment contract T&C change.

As for wanting to play in a certain position, i doubt that even comes in to the negotiations, that is down to where the coach feels he will get the best output from the player.

Yes and no, there is no hard and fast rule and I know that for an absolute fact having signed several contracts with the same company in the past renewing my employment and all details remaining as per previously agreed upon. 

If a player wants to play a certain position bad enough it will absolutely factor into their decision making process, especially if they can get similar financial and sporting terms elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The trouble is , despite signing some excellent players you have written every single one of them off as Brighton Level rubbish when Brighton are a better footballing side and are miles ahead of us in the league because our RA elite players have been auditioning for the poster boys for SCOPE this season . 

Name the excellent players signed?

The reason Brighton are above us, is because our ownership decided to believe the media hype on a two bob average English coach and take him from Brighton, thereafter the rest is obvious to why Brighton went on the upward trend and Chelsea fell off a cliff. 

Back to basic again - Emery "who cost £2m in compensation" took over a p1ss poor Villa and look what he has achieved, RDZ cost  nothing and has taken Brighton to their highest position in the PL, and we are now truly grateful for the scores on the doors left by TT

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

No they haven't, the same T&C's that applied to both RJ and Chilwell's extensions still exist now for Mount. We've known the wage structure was being reformed the moment ownership changed, and that's exactly what's been reflected with the contracts we've largely handed out.  @Mark Kelly 

No other way to say this but ... complete revisionist nonsense, and strikingly quick for revision at that. The first wage they handed out is reportedly £325k (Sterling) a week, the second £295k (Koulibaly) a week. The first major contact extension was for a £250k (James) a week deal. All reported with no way of verifying of course, but that is true of any contract chat here.

They dished out huge contracts at first. They seemed to stop around January, although given the length of those deals they are still committing insane amounts of money. If there was a marked change in wage policy, it absolutely was not at the point these guys arrived.

Which is exactly why I imagine they've offered Mount a huge salary, and the amount hasn't been the problem.

53 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Name the excellent players signed?

The reason Brighton are above us, is because our ownership decided to believe the media hype on a two bob average English coach and take him from Brighton, thereafter the rest is obvious to why Brighton went on the upward trend and Chelsea fell off a cliff. 

Back to basic again - Emery "who cost £2m in compensation" took over a p1ss poor Villa and look what he has achieved, RDZ cost  nothing and has taken Brighton to their highest position in the PL, and we are now truly grateful for the scores on the doors left by TT

Excellent players? Enzo, Fofana, Badiashile with Santos, Mudryk and Noni on the way up. 

Potter was definitely the wrong call but at the time many believed it to be a good one. 

Emery had been a revelation but I guarantee if we'd have gone for him this place would have gone into melt down. 

I'm sure RDZ would have commanded some compensation. 

9 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

No other way to say this but ... complete revisionist nonsense, and strikingly quick for revision at that. The first wage they handed out is reportedly £325k (Sterling) a week, the second £295k (Koulibaly) a week. The first major contact extension was for a £250k (James) a week deal. All reported with no way of verifying of course, but that is true of any contract chat here.

They dished out huge contracts at first. They seemed to stop around January, although given the length of those deals they are still committing insane amounts of money. If there was a marked change in wage policy, it absolutely was not at the point these guys arrived.

Which is exactly why I imagine they've offered Mount a huge salary, and the amount hasn't been the problem.

The summer period was an anomaly brought about by circumstances, it was never going to be the norm and hasn't been since.

Context is also key, Sterling's wages more or less mimic what he was getting at Man City. In no world is a player stepping backwards and taking a £100k or so pw pay cut in the proceed during what is considered a players prime years, much less one who's also been one of the more prolific attackers in the league in recent years. Koulibay got about a £100k pw increase on what he was earning prior at Napoli, again not necessarily out of character for an established player who's been a premier defender for several years. 

James on the other hand is a fair extension, and by reports are similar figures to that which have been extended to Mount. 

The rest we've signed have all been young players with potential and thus are easier to cost control on lower base wages, which is exactly what we've done. Can't really do that when signing more established folk like Sterling and Koulibaly, people tend to overlook this fact. 

• 4 weeks later...

Looking more and more likely that Mount's future resides elsewhere, with James Ducker (apparently quite good with Man Utd stuff) stating personal terms have been agreed. 

Will a potential move, particularly if money motivated, alter many on here's own personal view on Mason "Money" Mount? 

Beginning to get TC type vibes here....another player who has been carefully shepherded through "The System" and now appears to be "biting the hand that fed him"

I understand there are probably  lots of personal issues or factors that we are not privy to but I am getting to feel some negative feelings towards Mason especially after a somewhat blah season ,for whatever reasons.

Many well liked players have moved on with best wishes from the faithfull and received a warm welcome when returning to SB..... I suspect should Mason move on to Manure as reported his return may not be well received....

After thought...Rice to Manure anyone?,,,a connection?...

We will see.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Looking more and more likely that Mount's future resides elsewhere, with James Ducker (apparently quite good with Man Utd stuff) stating personal terms have been agreed. 

Will a potential move, particularly if money motivated, alter many on here's own personal view on Mason "Money" Mount? 

IMO, Mount is entitled to sign for whoever he wants to. I'd prefer him to stay of course, but life is frequently disappointing. We've lost players we want to keep in the past (and better players than MM imo) and moved on. We'll do the same this time.

38 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

IMO, Mount is entitled to sign for whoever he wants to. I'd prefer him to stay of course, but life is frequently disappointing. We've lost players we want to keep in the past (and better players than MM imo) and moved on. We'll do the same this time.

Agree absolutely MT but getting a nasty taste in my mouth over the issue,

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

If he really wants to go, then sell him for as much as we can get. then use that money to bring in somebody who actually wants to be here.

Again..absolutely agree.

3 hours ago, chara said:

Agree absolutely MT but getting a nasty taste in my mouth over the issue,

Not sure why - it happens in all walks of life where people are headhunted etc.

OG moment, I remember when I left school and sign up for my apprenticeship "like many OG on here", and working 4 years for peanuts with the Boss telling me that once I got my qualifications for shepherding, i would receive a big pay rise in line with the other shepherds in the parish . The day come I got my first pay packet  as a qualified Shepherd the Boss gave me a pat on the back and telling me you are the future of shepherding at this parish. I looked at the packet said wow and thank you, within 6 months I was gone to another parish because they offered me double. 

OG moment over

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's being reported that we value Mount at £85m and Man United at only £55m... I hope we don't move on our number.

He's 24 and a favourite of Southgate when fit. An excellent player when he's right  English tax says our figure is more accurate. 

Sick to death of us paying top dollar and getting mugged on sales. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's 24 and a favourite of Southgate when fit. An excellent player when he's right  English tax says our figure is more accurate. 

Exactly. I really hope the club stands up for itself in these negotiations.

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I don't believe any of the numbers  being quoted.......just more inventions by the press (and they wouldn't know either).

I don't believe the exact numbers either, but it makes sense that this is (roughly) how each side would begin in terms of negotiations.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Got a feeling ManUre might say something like this

Mr Winstanley, you are no longer at Brighton and selling players to Chelsea, take it or leave it and we are happy to wait until January

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Got a feeling ManUre might say something like this

Mr Winstanley, you are no longer at Brighton and selling players to Chelsea, take it or leave it and we are happy to wait until January

Do you think everyone in football springs out of nowhere fully formed ? 

Chief executives of Chelsea don't go to "Chief executive of Chelsea University" they go out and get a job , do a good job and get head hunted , that's how it works.

Maybe Wnstanley will say  to United " You're not selling clapped out Portuguese fancy dans to Arabs now mate , you're buying the creme de la creme of English talent and if you don't pay up now we'll sell him elsewhere"