Mason Mount

JaneB

56 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Finally someone who sees it the way I do. We’ve a few years of history selling academy players and replacing them with expensive imports who aren’t any better. No wonder we are left with a bunch of mercenaries who can’t be bothered and who’s more interested looking cool on instagram. 

If we could only roll back a few seasons and not sell Tomori, Guehi, Abraham and the likes… 

I agree Dave but that lot certainly aren't alone in wanting to look cool  on Instagram, they're all as bad as each other. 

Maybe Mount wants to move away to get away from his one night stand stalker who was recently up before the beak? 

Fame is a two edged sword and these kids seem unprepared to deal with it sometimes. 

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

I've heard image rights for Mount are a sticking point, one of things he is trying to get right before signing.

I'm dubious of this, sounds like the sort of thing journalists will write about when they don't know anything but need some copy. 

• Agree 1

On 03/06/2023 at 03:59, kev61 said:

Poch's LAST job is to get on the phone to Lukaku.How about Lukaku getting on the phone to Poch and saying he is ready to give his all and get rid of his membership of deliveroo and just eat.

It's not ideal. Unfortunately the money wasted already dictates that compromises have to be made. He'll be on silly wages, has three years left on his deal and is unsellable. We are also in desperate need of a number 9 and in the right system he is undoubtedly an asset. Spending more money is not always the answer, Tuchel is the one who feel out with Lukaku. It may not work but I'm really not keen on spending £100million on another striker. 

It may rub a few fans up the wrong way initially but this is the cost of spending £60million on average players like Cucurella. He's the new Kepa in that he will be warming the bench on ridiculous wages for the entirety of his contract. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

It's not ideal. Unfortunately the money wasted already dictates that compromises have to be made. He'll be on silly wages, has three years left on his deal and is unsellable. We are also in desperate need of a number 9 and in the right system he is undoubtedly an asset. Spending more money is not always the answer, Tuchel is the one who feel out with Lukaku. It may not work but I'm really not keen on spending £100million on another striker. 

It may rub a few fans up the wrong way initially but this is the cost of spending £60million on average players like Cucurella. He's the new Kepa in that he will be warming the bench on ridiculous wages for the entirety of his contract. 

100%.  It simply has to be tried. New players. New coach. 

Like it or not, Lukaku needs to understand that he signed a contract and that unless someone else values him enough to actually buy him outright, his daily workplace is at Cobham. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him one bit but this is the only solution that we benefit from. 

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

100%.  It simply has to be tried. New players. New coach. 

Like it or not, Lukaku needs to understand that he signed a contract and that unless someone else values him enough to actually buy him outright, his daily workplace is at Cobham. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him one bit but this is the only solution that we benefit from. 

I as his biggest critic understand this stance, I just fear he will revert to type and ruin another season before it starts. He's not interested in contracts, Chelsea, fairness or honour. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I as his biggest critic understand this stance, I just fear he will revert to type and ruin another season before it starts. He's not interested in contracts, Chelsea, fairness or honour. 

My dream scenario is that the new system fits him perfectly and he starts scoring for fun. He loves it. The fans start to change their opinion of him and everyone is happy. 

Worth a try. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

My dream scenario is that the new system fits him perfectly and he starts scoring for fun. He loves it. The fans start to change their opinion of him and everyone is happy. 

Worth a try. 

Even I would be happy with that .

As you say worth a try , on the proviso we hammer him when he steps out of line .

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Keep him on the straight and narrow , or I suppose we could let him arrive , sulk , disrupt the squad and give him a bonus if it suits you better ?

I’m not sure Lukaku would be able to squeeze onto the straight and narrow. 

Maybe the straight and very wide?

• Haha 3

I have a friend who supports Inter. Apart from being worried that his team are going to be embarrassed at the weekend, he is clearly hoping that Lukaku stays with them though, of course, without them actually having to stump up any money. I made a jibe about his girth only to be told that he is very fit at the moment or, at least, fit enough to play in Serie A.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Keep him on the straight and narrow , or I suppose we could let him arrive , sulk , disrupt the squad and give him a bonus if it suits you better ?

Mark, this is an internet site - that's all it is. We have ZERO impact on any player we buy. So how do you suggest that we 'keep him on the straight and narrow'?. 

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

I’m not sure Lukaku would be able to squeeze onto the straight and narrow. 

Maybe the straight and very wide?

Very humorous. Chuckle.

Just now, Michael Tucker said:

Mark, this is an internet site - that's all it is. We have ZERO impact on any player we buy. So how do you suggest that we 'keep him on the straight and narrow'?. 

Very humorous. Chuckle.

It was the "Royal we" meaning the club

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

OBVIOUSLY referring to the club as opposed to the forum 😏

22 hours ago, Ham said:

Worth a try. 

Exactly. I think everyone is agreeing here that this is not the ideal solution. In another world perhaps Inter could actually afford to buy him but we know from history that won't happen.

They will keep trying to loan him throughout the duration of his contract with a fake promise that they will pay up. The same thing happened with Bakayoko, also Veron and Crespo (a long time ago granted).

Reminder that we sent Inter £100million 2 years ago and now are loaning that player back to them for nothing, probably subsiding his wages. We've made some big mistakes but they really are mugging us off! 

Rather than bet big on another new striker who still might not work, let's actually try and use the striker we already have on the books who cost us £100million and a fortune in wages. If Poch doesn't want him then fair enough, I just don't think it's realistic to buy a shiny new striker every two years. That's what leads us to selling our HG talent to balance the books. 

1 hour ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Exactly. I think everyone is agreeing here that this is not the ideal solution. In another world perhaps Inter could actually afford to buy him but we know from history that won't happen.

They will keep trying to loan him throughout the duration of his contract with a fake promise that they will pay up. The same thing happened with Bakayoko, also Veron and Crespo (a long time ago granted).

Reminder that we sent Inter £100million 2 years ago and now are loaning that player back to them for nothing, probably subsiding his wages. We've made some big mistakes but they really are mugging us off! 

Rather than bet big on another new striker who still might not work, let's actually try and use the striker we already have on the books who cost us £100million and a fortune in wages. If Poch doesn't want him then fair enough, I just don't think it's realistic to buy a shiny new striker every two years. That's what leads us to selling our HG talent to balance the books. 

Problem is Lukaku has failed with us twice and at Utd once. Plus he is past his prime. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Of course of course , we as an internet forum are impotent when it comes to every aspect of how the club runs.

But I'm sure you knew that. 😉

Lukaku is  arrogant, ungrateful, and selfish  - and should never wear a Chelsea shirt again - in my opinion. 

Edited by Michael Tucker
Removable of unnecessary swearing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

Problem is Lukaku has failed with us twice and at Utd once. Plus he is past his prime. 

Yes, he is. 

Problem is, we need a striker. Who, and at what cost, I simply don't know.

My view on Lukaku is that while he remains a Chelsea player, we may as well get what we can out of him.

Now can we please get back on track for Mount?