Mason Mount

JaneB

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It used to really wind me up when Mata would win games for United under Mourinho when you knew Mourinho didn't rate him . It seemed like every week .

'Our best ever manager' turned out to be a fake.Some could see it early on.

Someone who could command the attention of the changing room in a bygone era.

15 minutes ago, kev61 said:

'Our best ever manager' turned out to be a fake.Some could see it early on.

Someone who could command the attention of the changing room in a bygone era.

Sadly the more time that passes, the more i think Jose mk2 cost us in the medium and long term. Dumping KdB so quickly, booting Mata out and both to prioritise Oscar who was shaky at best. 
Shame really. 

5 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Sadly the more time that passes, the more i think Jose mk2 cost us in the medium and long term. Dumping KdB so quickly, booting Mata out and both to prioritise Oscar who was shaky at best. 
Shame really. 

The nutty professor who was....nuts.

On 30/06/2023 at 07:38, xceleryx said:

Highlighted a few things here.

If Mase was Chelsea through and though he'd not have thrown that away so easily to make a lateral move to a rival. He'd want to be part of the project to bring the club back to where it wants to be, where he could've been a key figure in that and built himself a good legacy in the process. 

He was offered a substantial pay rise by all accounts after we won the Champions League and turned it down. 

Whether you like Sterling or not, his record speaks for itself - both in terms of team accolades and individual production. As I've shared before, up until this season he had played something like the 3rd most games under Pep out of all players he's managed, had the 2nd or 3rd most goals behind Messi and Aguero, and similarly for assists behind KdB and Messi. He may not be everyones cup of tea as a player, but he's been far more productive than most over recent years and it's disingenuous to try and claim otherwise. His wages here are also marginally more compared to what he got at City also. 

Would you work for a lower pay than your colleagues whom you outperform each week? 

If your competitors came around and offered you the salary you believe you should have while also giving you the role you want would you take it? 

Yes. You would. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

But Mount was allegedly offered £200k under Roman and turned it down because Reece James got £240k , this was way before Lukaku skewed the figures and way before these long term deals with incentives came in. Had he signed then he'd have had a season and a half on double his current salary and two years left on his contract to see how the land lies before leaving if he felt it prudent .

Everyone wants more money but sometimes there has to be some reality behind it , no Reece James and we suffer , no Mason Mount and we generally don't so to want parity for James deal was unsubstantiated.

I always wondered why he was nicknamed "Money Mase" 

Not a personal attack from me I would have given him whatever he wanted personally but he is just as much to blame for the state of his finances as Chelsea are.

Allegedly. The story also goes on to state that Mount and Boehly had a verbal agreement only for the new chaps to withdraw it after the WC. 

The rumour is that verbal agreement was for £200k. So why he would have turned it down a year and a half earlier is anyone’s guess.

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Allegedly. The story also goes on to state that Mount and Boehly had a verbal agreement only for the new chaps to withdraw it after the WC. 

The rumour is that verbal agreement was for £200k. So why he would have turned it down a year and a half earlier is anyone’s guess.

The truth is we don't know what has happened, but the fact is that Mount is going and therefore needs no longer to occupy our thoughts in any capacity. 

24 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Mount is going and therefore needs no longer to occupy our thoughts in any capacity. 

Going to be hard to do, if he follows the norm  of ex-Chelsea players,  coming back and having a blinder along with putting one in the onion bag for old times sake. 

Oh Bugger. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RDCW said:

The truth is we don't know what has happened, but the fact is that Mount is going and therefore needs no longer to occupy our thoughts in any capacity. 

It’s only by learning from your mistakes that you can improve. My feeling is that there is an awful lot of learning needed for the new administration. Losing so many players that we’ve done, coupled with their recruitment history, makes me somewhat nervous. Perhaps 12th place finishes is something we have to get used to? 

I wonder what Reece James and Ben Chilwel REALLY think?

Cheerio Mason, what a massive disappointment you've turned out to be.  Hope your career continues to be as flat as a pancake.

• Haha 1

As a contrast to Mounts attempt at saving face - Juan Mata said his goodbyes to the fans and the club of Galatasaray that would move you to tears.

Typical of the player and the man -a player with not an egotistical bone in his body.

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

I wonder what Reece James and Ben Chilwel REALLY think?

They'll be thinking if Chelsea flop next year we can  (the same way as Mount)  leave and join another club with better prospects on more money - fans.....don't make me laugh!,and if all else fails we will continue to wallow in our wealth.

Edited by kev61

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Very cool tone to the entire article , I think we're a bit miffed . 

Mason certainly not as effusively praised and remembered in the owner quotes, imo. 

Oddly and unexpectedly annoyed he's made such a shit move more than anything else. Utd are a huge club but so, so far away from the very top honours. I do really rate him, so I could see why he might think he's better than where we are but can't see why that logic wouldn't have extended. Oh well, we move on.

• Agree 1