Mason Mount

JaneB

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Mason certainly not as effusively praised and remembered in the owner quotes, imo. 

Oddly and unexpectedly annoyed he's made such a shit move more than anything else. Utd are a huge club but so, so far away from the very top honours. I do really rate him, so I could see why he might think he's better than where we are but can't see why that logic wouldn't have extended. Oh well, we move on.

I have the feeling , and that's all it is ,  that , in their minds eye,  the board had decided to sell one of Havertz or Mount  and having sold Havertz to the Goons thought they'd be sorted , but with Mount now jumping ship it leaves a big hole in the squad that will be more difficult to fill with Premier League ready replacements.

I honestly believe from a career perspective Mount has shot himself in the foot going to , lets face it , a piss poor United side .

• Like 1

Like with Havertz, I’m not overly upset. If he had done massive numbers and was an integral piece of the team then the argument about the club not doing enough to keep him here would be there to be had, but he didn’t and has decided to get the bag and move on.

Thanks for the efforts Mason.

• Like 1

So apparently Money Mase and his entourage agreed terms with United on May 20 on the occasion of them securing CL football.  He'd obviously been waiting for the opportunity. 

What annoys me is that he was amongst the reasons we missed out on CL football. 

Cynical little shit. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If he was joining a Real Madrid, Bayern or Barcelona I could understand it. All three are iconic clubs, competing at the very top currently and as such always competing for domestic and European honours. Joining Man Utd however is rather lateral. They're not in any real position to win the league as it stands, nor win a Champions League unless they get kissed on the dick, so it's difficult to see where the sporting benefits are.

Just now, xceleryx said:

If he was joining a Real Madrid, Bayern or Barcelona I could understand it. All three are iconic clubs, competing at the very top currently and as such always competing for domestic and European honours. Joining Man Utd however is rather lateral. They're not in any real position to win the league as it stands, nor win a Champions League unless they get kissed on the dick, so it's difficult to see where the sporting benefits are.

Knowing how fame hungry he appears it's probably the higher profile as much as the higher wage that has attracted him.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

So apparently Money Mase and his entourage agreed terms with United on May 20 on the occasion of them securing CL football.  He'd obviously been waiting for the opportunity. 

Cynical little shit. 

If true, it's a little ratty. 

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

His dad is the controlling factor here. Lifelong Man U fan (from Portsmouth of course). 

Edited by Ham

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Cynical little shit. 

Going with what we've witnessed over the last few months, I'd even throw doubt on the extent of his injury. Hip and pelvis injuries can be very convenient.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Knowing how fame hungry he appears it's probably the higher profile as much as the higher wage that has attracted him.

It's being said his deal is £200k raising to £250k with bonuses, which is apparently on par with other offers he received. 

Even from a profile perspective, he's just another Man Utd player really. Hard to see him having a higher profile than he had here, given he was virtually heralded as the current day "Mr Chelsea". 

• Like 1

Thank you, Mason | News | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club (chelseafc.com)

This move leaves a very sour taste in my mouth but we move on.

Mason obviously thinks he's better than Chelsea now. Somebody or something has got to him and the result is highly unlikeable.

Such a shame but we'll survive, as we always do.  It's not like he was Eden Hazard.

If he'd gone to Arsenal to join up with Rice or to Liverpool or Man City, I would have been more p***** off, but Man United? Very strange.  

Just read this garbage quote: "I've been stuck at Stamford Bridge for my whole life so to call Old Trafford my new home is exciting".  Did he really say that? 🤮

So sorry to have kept you Mason 🤬

• Like 2

So ironic that the players that have left, Mount,  Kovacic, Mendy, Havertz, Koulibaly and those likely to leave like Ziyech, Pulisic, Aubameyang, CHO and Lukaku are the exact reason this club hasn't challenged for the league in so long.

Quite simply not good enough at the highest level and all come with toxic attitudes.

Fuck em all and good riddance.

We move on with a whole new team, a new manager that much like the players that are left wants to be here, is hungry, motivated and has a point to prove.

I really wouldn't put it past us finishing above United and Arsenal next season.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

His dad is the controlling factor here. Lifelong Man U fan (from Portsmouth of course). 

News making its way around now is that he's been given the #7 shirt.

His old man must have really put in the tough yards.

I am sure the club did make mistakes while negotiating with Mount. But, frankly, if he REALLY wanted to stay, he could have done.

That video made it so much worse for me. As far as I'm concerned, he's a greedy, ungrateful snake and I hope we boo the s*** out of him when he returns. 

Also I'd just like to add, I was a lot more upset about Juan Mata leaving than I was about Mason. In general, I think we've lost far better players than him and 55-60 million is a very good fee, especially given the one remaining year on his contract.

Time to move on and build a team that is genuinely "proper Chels" which Mount is unequivocally not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The United fans I know aren't that excited by the signing, they see it as a Glazers signing. I think he generally was rated higher here than by anyone else in England, he will have little leeway with the United fans. Also if they do get Qatari investment I can imagine them going on a spending spree and him finding himself on the bench and moving to a team placed 6th-10th in a few years

Definitely appears that the move was engineered form the players side for some time, the leaving video was cringe and his career has been on a downward trajectory for the past year or two, I hope it continues that way. I also think those injuries at the end of the season were probably fabricated. As a wise young man recently said - If you have got to persuade them to carry the bricks, they aren't the ones to build with

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

As a contrast to Mounts attempt at saving face - Juan Mata said his goodbyes to the fans and the club of Galatasaray that would move you to tears.

Typical of the player and the man -a player with not an egotistical bone in his body.

Seems people are jumping on the bandwagon without acknowledging  the source.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

That's because it's REAL. I've seen the very convincing photographic evidence that irrefutably proves it.

Yep.I'm sick of chasing fairies from the bottom of my garden

I'm not alone.Arthur Conan Doyle had the same problem.