Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

32 minutes ago, JaneB said:

John Terry gifts his twins Georgie and Summer matching Mercedes for their 17th birthday | Daily Mail Online

I mean, I love JT as much as any other Chelsea supporter, who doesn't?  And it can't have been easy growing up as his kids.

But REALLY????  I find this story quite unpalatable for a number of reasons. 

Vulgar extravagance 😞    

It’s a bit chavvy 🤣 and most kids damage their first cars too!

6 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It’s a bit chavvy 🤣 and most kids damage their first cars too!

the only thing that gets me looking at that rag these days  would be a football related story

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I have to say, and I'm a huge JT fan, that buying these cars is borderline OK for 17 year olds but posting a "look at what I can afford" catalogue of photos on Instagram was chavvy and unnecessary.

He's Just made them a targets for the media and jealous individuals.

• Like 2

On 18/05/2023 at 20:33, JaneB said:

John Terry gifts his twins Georgie and Summer matching Mercedes for their 17th birthday | Daily Mail Online

I mean, I love JT as much as any other Chelsea supporter, who doesn't?  And it can't have been easy growing up as his kids.

But REALLY????  I find this story quite unpalatable for a number of reasons. 

Vulgar extravagance 😞    

Wise

https://talksport.com/football/717990/chelsea-john-terry-dennis-wise-grabbed-throat-sell-car/

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Christ there are some wowsers on here.It's JT's money ffs! 

JT put it on social media which is going to get different reactions. No one denies that it’s his money and that he can do what he wants with it.  And people are entitled to their opinion, if I may say. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Christ there are some wowsers on here.It's JT's money ffs! 

Alright Michael, I know it's his money.  I was just passing an opinion.  Jeez 😞 

• Agree 1

Nice of the “fixture computer” to give us the top four away in the last 2 weeks of the season. Wonder if that ever happened to anyone before? I realise it makes no difference to us this year, but it would have if we were anything less than utterly abysmal.

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Nice of the “fixture computer” to give us the top four away in the last 2 weeks of the season. Wonder if that ever happened to anyone before? I realise it makes no difference to us this year, but it would have if we were anything less than utterly abysmal.

How many of the current top four did YOU think would be top four at this stage of the season before the season started?

I could easily imagine the fixture computer having a bias that has the top clubs playing head-to-head at the end of the season. Our problem is that this season, we are not a top club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I could easily imagine the fixture computer having a bias that has the top clubs playing head-to-head at the end of the season. Our problem is that this season, we are not a top club.

That really doesn't surprise me one bit (not the computer being biased, but you being delusional to think such a thing!)

Why not? We know that there are many solutions to fixtures even after some combinations are discarded because of things like the rules about multiple teams playing in a locality at the same time which might overstretch the police. I am not saying such a thing exists but I can see why it would appeal to those who finance the league and I would be hard put to argue against it provided it does not lead to unfair fixture congestion. 

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

How many of the current top four did YOU think would be top four at this stage of the season before the season started?

Whichever way you crumble it, 4 away games in the last 5 against City Utd Arsenal and Newcastle is more than unfortunate. I do understand that the Utd game was due to their cup run and that everyone has to play everyone, but I don’t see anyone else with this kind of run in, or anything like it. If the CL draw is fixed, it’s not much of a leap of faith to imagine the PL fixtures might be gerrymandered in the same way.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Whichever way you crumble it, 4 away games in the last 5 against City Utd Arsenal and Newcastle is more than unfortunate. I do understand that the Utd game was due to their cup run and that everyone has to play everyone, but I don’t see anyone else with this kind of run in, or anything like it. If the CL draw is fixed, it’s not much of a leap of faith to imagine the PL fixtures might be gerrymandered in the same way.

They usually ensure that we have tough must win games either side of the knock out stages of the Champions League totally by random too.

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They usually ensure that we have tough must win games either side of the knock out stages of the Champions League totally by random too.

Yes have noticed this in the past too. Never made sense to me. You would think it makes the PL stronger if one of its teams wins the CL. You would think they would bend over backwards to support PL teams in the latter stages of the CL as it is massively in their interest. Other countries move League games to aid their teams progress in the CL. And then Chelsea…

• Agree 2

On 21/05/2023 at 20:08, JaneB said:

Alright Michael, I know it's his money.  I was just passing an opinion.  Jeez 😞 

I wasn't commenting on what you said. i understand that you were 'passing n opinion'. i just thought (and still think) that it's JT's money, and he can do what he likes with it.That's all. 

• Agree 1