Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

There is unease at the unflattering media portrayals of Boehly. Suggestions that he is dialling back his involvement in the running of Chelsea because of their decline are dismissed as a misinterpretation. As one figure says, it was never the plan for Boehly to be so visible. Another points to the influence of Eghbali, the driving force behind several key decisions. It is stressed that Eghbali’s business partner, José E Feliciano, is another crucial presence.

I'm possibly going to be controversial here but one reason will be it is easier to spell "Todd Boehly" than it is "Behdad Eghbali", especially for those in the Daily Mail. On an entirely unrelated note, it's nice to see Feliciano having a second career after his success singing Feliz Navidad and Come on Baby Light My Fire.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Thanks for sharing. 

Interesting about the club feeling that they are not in danger of failing FFP. 

If we rush to sell players before 30 June we'll know whether they're lying or not. 

Well, if we do get say 8-10 off the books, we'll definitely raise a few quid and create a massive hole in the operating budget.  So I guess that would grow their confidence. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I think if we 'rush' sales that return considerably less value than one might expect, then they're probably lying about FFP. 'Rushing" per se isn't an indication on its own. 

I think a lot of the sales are going to be for less money than one might expect.  But largely because a lot of the players are high earners, with big reputations (and enormous egos) and have been sh*te for some considerable time.  

30 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I think a lot of the sales are going to be for less money than one might expect.  But largely because a lot of the players are high earners, with big reputations (and enormous egos) and have been sh*te for some considerable time.  

Not forgetting that we're not the only club looking to off-load players! Talk of Arsenal wanting rid of half a dozen or more. Same at United. Plus the relegated clubs; there will be players at Leicester in particular who will believe they should remain PL players next season. Then there are those those clubs need to let go purely to trim the wages. Promoted clubs will take a few 'established' PL players, but better value can be had from French, Dutch and Portuguese clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

How crappy websites report Part 999

Chelsea regular agrees personal terms with Man City and fires ‘very bad’ parting shot at Blues

Here's that parting shot he fired:

Kovacic insisted everything points towards a parting of the ways with Chelsea after what he described as a “very bad” final season at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues finished trophyless, out of Europe for next season and sacked two permanent managers.

“I have one more year with Chelsea, this season was very bad,” said Kovacic.

“Everything is going towards the fact that after five good years I will change, but in football anything can happen.

The Croatian concluded: “Chelsea is phenomenal for me. I love the city and the fans, they love me, I have wonderful memories of Chelsea. We’ll see what happens.”

Oof. Savage.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Welcome back from internet oblivion. 

Thanks Ham...modern day equivalent of local Arapahoe cutting the telegraph lines!

Read five books and finished half a "Telegraph Cryptic Crossword book"!!!

Still pages behind here but trudging on...

Or to put it another way....not much has happened during my time in "The Shadows"!

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Chara in The Twilight Zone

Indeed...Twilight in more than one way! Appalling weather pattern for last few weeks...deluge type rain most afternoons and at 2-45 pm just lit fire and lights on!

IN JUNE!!!!

All facilities back on yesterday but storm early evening knocked everything out once again...":Here we go again!"...but resurrected itself!

Waay off topic but if anyone remembers the terrible Marshall fire a ways back the official causes announced yesterday...anyone interested will find it on line..worth a gander..or pm me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks Ham...modern day equivalent of local Arapahoe cutting the telegraph lines!

Read five books and finished half a "Telegraph Cryptic Crossword book"!!!

Still pages behind here but trudging on...

Or to put it another way....not much has happened during my time in "The Shadows"!

Great to see you back @chara!

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Thank god for that.  He's not known as "the voice" in my house.

Absolute moron. Good riddance.

20230617_085111.thumb.jpg.69892394dbf23c91ffcfd8bbe2b011a2.jpg

AND IT'S LIVE!!

The most consciously engineered catch phrase ever. Made me cringe every time he said it. You won't be missed.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

AND IT'S LIVE!!

The most consciously engineered catch phrase ever. Made me cringe every time he said it. You won't be missed.

Clearly a contrived effort at another "Let's get ready to rumble".

From a grown-arsed man. 

Embarrassing. 

• Agree 1