Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

1 hour ago, chara said:

Thanks Jane...quiet supper tonight..unfortunately any dinner out of note means a 50 mile round trip at least but Paella. and chips will go down well..(well no chips!)

The "pundit" issue....I think most of the true sports watchers feel the same way but "someone" seems to think the pundits are more important than the actual game and we "must" pay attention!😁

Happy Birthday Chara! Are you going the traditional snails and rabbit, the archetypal Valenciana, or the faux mixed? Whichever it is, enjoy!

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

Happy Birthday Chara! Are you going the traditional snails and rabbit, the archetypal Valenciana, or the faux mixed? Whichever it is, enjoy!

More the Basque I think...I remember a meal back in the day out in the campo with some friends..on a wood fire and what was available to be carried from home...tend to forget in these trendy days that paella is a country /coast make do home dish so maybe won't be cook book perfect!

• Like 1

Matt Law saying the Premier League are looking into the new shirt sponsorship as they believe the amount is too high 

Pardon me but, what the effing hell has it got to do with them, particularly given the nonsense they pulled with City’s sponsorship from "a totally unrelated company" who were owned by the totally related brother of the City owner. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, chara said:

More the Basque I think...I remember a meal back in the day out in the campo with some friends..on a wood fire and what was available to be carried from home...tend to forget in these trendy days that paella is a country /coast make do home dish so maybe won't be cook book perfect!

Whoops ..mistake..meant Catalan not Basque!...OG moment!

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Matt Law saying the Premier League are looking into the new shirt sponsorship as they believe the amount is too high 

Pardon me but, what the effing hell has it got to do with them, particularly given the nonsense they pulled with City’s sponsorship from "a totally unrelated company" who were owned by the totally related brother of the City owner. 

Exactly Mark... first the "unacceptable" sponsorship now a financial issue? WTF ?

Media buffoonery or media Goebbels type propaganda agenda precursor?

Are we at a stage where "free market" forces are not allowed..ie..you want it here's the price.... unless "THEY" think otherwise.

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Client confidentiality surely??

You're of course absolutely right Jane.  My bad.

@My Blood Is Blue Just PM me the name thanks 👍

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

..... And even then, City were found to have paid 90% of the sponsorship payment on behalf of Etihad.  (10% being the true market value). 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

For my birthday, my partner got me some "cow pies". She tried to find those Fray Bentos pie-in-a-tin pies, which is comfort food for me, but cow pie is very nice, all the same. That paella looks really nice. 

5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

For my birthday, my partner got me some "cow pies". She tried to find those Fray Bentos pie-in-a-tin pies, which is comfort food for me, but cow pie is very nice, all the same. That paella looks really nice. 

Plus the horns as in Dan of long ago memory ?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Fray Bentos pies in a tin ! That takes me back! When we lived in Zambia those were absolute expat treats, along with the even more delicious steak and kidney puddings in a tin, corned beef and (yes) tinned Scandinavian cheese!

Edited by RDCW
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

... and with Salah throwing his toys out of the pram, a lot of Fantasy Football players are going to have to have a major rethink! 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/RudyGaletti/status/1691232996081164288?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed

Edited by Bob Singleton

Daily Mail stirring as per:

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea have aggravated Crystal Palace in their pursuit of Michael Olise amid 'tapping-up' concerns

There are concerns at Palace that Chelsea's potential swoop for Olise has contravened transfer rules and etiquette.

Sources have indicated the south London club have considered formally reporting their top-flight rivals for making an illegal approach, though whether they are prepared to take such a drastic step remains to be seen.

Just 'sources' and 'concerns', and no indication Palace will make any formal complaint, but let's damage Chelsea's reputation and get the story out there anyway.

4 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Daily Mail stirring as per:

Just 'sources' and 'concerns', and no indication Palace will make any formal complaint, but let's damage Chelsea's reputation and get the story out there anyway.

They have been waging an anti Chelsea propaganda war in the mail for years , undermining any success we have and overblowing any failure , whilst simultaneously overblowing any good United result and downplaying any feel bad stories . 

The Daily Manc

Just now, Sciatika said:

Not sure where to put this, but it would do our players no harm at all to watch all the goals in the Australia-England game.

Not a massive fan of womens football , but watched it today and Lauren Hemp was absolutely phenomenal , scored the second goal out of sheer determination and then set up Russo for the third with a defence splitting no-look pass , absolutely brilliant . 

• Agree 1